65 coaches online • Server time: 19:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Will you accept my challenge of PSDM mode?
YES; You win I will retire my team
35%
 35%  [ 19 ]
No Way Jose!!!! I love my pixels, I would never retire them in this fashion
27%
 27%  [ 15 ]
Maybe: Depends on which of my teams you beat, yeah, Iam fickle.
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Pie: Pumpkin season is on the horizon and I love me some pumpkin pie
24%
 24%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 54

PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2014 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Now, all that being said...the Hammers were my weakest Box team and deserved to be crushed like a tin can and retired.

But that dicing is hard to overcome.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Aww... I was just wondering how glorious it would have been if the meeting between Barons and Badge Hunters had been such a death match... Slime Barons retired and the riskiest badge of all in the pocket!

However, I think I understand why he declined. Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

No way JoseState, I love my box teams and all of their niggled pixels.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
gamelsetlmatch wrote:
DukeT was going to retire his team if he lost?

Before the match I invoked the rules of Pink Slip Death Match and he declined to accept the challenge..

Thus the Hammers took on all the risk.

Hrmmm. N&S?
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Why would you retire a team other than to avoid cluttering your home page?

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Because it's cool. Gets the adrenaline flowing.

Kind of like playing chicken with your car, but with more skill and less dying. I really approve of this initiative.

Wow, slime barons is a real gem of versatility and charm btw. <3 [R]
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
Because it's cool. Gets the adrenaline flowing.

Kind of like playing chicken with your car, but with more skill and less dying. I really approve of this initiative.

Wow, slime barons is a real gem of versatility and charm btw. <3 [R]

Might be interesting if you have time to think about it and decide a while before hand and perhaps even better in [R]anked.

But, if you hadn't seen this thread and you log in for a [B]lackbox random match-up game and your opponent starts by saying 'If you lose this game, will you retire your team?' I am fairly sure most people will have the same reaction as me, which was 'erm ... nope' Wink

Having said that, when I play games like Diablo 3, I tend to play most of the time on hardcore mode (one death and your character is deleted), for the very reason of the extra adrenaline, but I also have a normal character for when I want to take it easy and chill out and I specifically decide which to use well before each session.

As for the charm of the Slime Barons, I am glad you like them. They are certainly a different type of build to my other teams like my woodies or rats!
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
I am fairly sure most people will have the same reaction as me, which was 'erm ... nope' Wink

Yeah. We're so polite on Fumbbl. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to take part in this challenge, but I have not enough good teams to be man enough to take it on.

And probably wouldn't take it on anyway. _:_(

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:

But, if you hadn't seen this thread and you log in for a [B]lackbox random match-up game and your opponent starts by saying 'If you lose this game, will you retire your team?' I am fairly sure most people will have the same reaction as me, which was 'erm ... nope' Wink

Well you left out all the flair and build up when I announced that this was a Pink Slip Death Match!!!!

Also since this was my first PSDM you had no idea what I was talking about so your reaction was very normal.

BUT

Now you know what is going on...give it some time and once the Box coaches know what Iam doing some coaches will likely join me.

Also

That was a High TV match for box...It is logical to assume that coaches with high TV teams are less likely to accept compared to when my low TV teams start getting selected.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

Well you left out all the flair and build up when I announced that this was a Pink Slip Death Match!!!!

Also since this was my first PSDM you had no idea what I was talking about so your reaction was very normal.

Indeed, Painstate did give it somewhat more of a build up than I mentioned, but since I didn't know what was going on, I sort of shortened it to what my brain said I heard Razz
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we need to step back for a second and understand what Iam doing with this PSDM concept.

This is a individual challenge, it really has nothing to do with your opponent. Can you win 5 games before you lose 1? Now if your opponent wants to play along and play under the rules of which ever teams losses retires, then that just makes it more fun.

Now I declared in the OP that all 7 of my teams would invoke PSDM mode. Thus all 7 of them must win 5 before they lose 1 or else they are retired. I think this is a really tough and fun challenge for me. It gives me some extra incentive to win and makes the match a lot more tense which for me makes it more fun.

At no time will I attempt to convince my opponent to play under PSDM rules. It is up to him on what he wants to do. Now I will make sure he knows that Iam playing under PSDM rules but he is not obligated in any way to play my silly game. So now you guys know were Iam coming from when it comes to PSDM.
Which now leads to this.

I sense there is a group of Box coaches who want to join me on this challenge. Who can survive a PSDM run and win 5 before they lose 1?

Well here you go....Pink Slip Death Match: Box Meta Group page
It is just bare bones right now but I will start working on the fluff and so forth. But here is the overview.

Any box team can declare in this fourm that they have invocked Pink Slip Death Match Mode. Once they do that their next 5+ matches are win or retire. If you tie a match it is a push but you are still alive. You must win 5 matches to survive the PSDM challenge.

If you apply your team to the PSDM meta group well you will get all the props and laurels of being a tough bastard. Also your team will go into the hall of greatness and stories will be told of your awesomness if you survive.

Then your team will move on playing matches as normal in the Box, no more PSDM mode and other teams will look at you in awe and then one day the call of champions will arrive.

8 teams who have finished their PSDM mode run and have been declared champions will once again take the field in a 8 team Black Box Brawl Pink Slip Death Match special. 7 Champions will die on the pitch and we will crown one CHAMPION OF PINK SLIP DEATH MATCH!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, this is going to be fun. So apply your box teams to the PSDM Meta group.

2 Rules right off the bat
1)Applying your team does not mean that team is in Pink Slip Death Match Mode. They are just there so we can record scores and talk about your awesomness.

2)You have to state in this forum which team(s) have invocked PSDM mode and started on their quest to win 5 before they lose 1.

***This group is 100% honor system. You know what you are getting into if you invoke PSDM mode so as a matter of honor you must retire your team if they do not reach 5 wins. ***

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

since you have a max of 46 games on of your box teams it does not seem like much of a sacrifice you are offering up. So in the Spirit of your PSDM for real! I offer you my Six hooves under a major winning team and like your bucks stuck in a smack. once we are done with the smack the first game we play after with the teams are a PSDM game. the loosing team retire? now suddenly it feels gut wrenching no?

Six Hooves played there first game 2004-06-13 and are the second most played CD team in R with 409 games one major title and some other tournaments.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
since you have a max of 46 games on of your box teams it does not seem like much of a sacrifice you are offering up. So in the Spirit of your PSDM for real! I offer you my Six hooves under a major winning team and like your bucks stuck in a smack. once we are done with the smack the first game we play after with the teams are a PSDM game. the loosing team retire? now suddenly it feels gut wrenching no?

Six Hooves played there first game 2004-06-13 and are the second most played CD team in R with 409 games one major title and some other tournaments.

Well, that is not what Pink Slip Death Match is about my friend. Since the other team is probably not going to play along this is an individual challenge and has nothing to do with your opponent.

So the correct analogy would be Six Hooves Under declare PSDM Mode and if they lose 1 before they win 5 You will retire them. IT is all on you and your opponent has no say in it at all.

Further more it is one thing to utter a challenge of Six Hooves VS Buccaneers in a one and done challenge. It is totally different if Six Hooves has to beat the Bucs, then the Hammers, then Smooth EXP, then the watchmen and finish the run against Ultimate Superheroes and in case they tie two of those matches they have to finish off their 5 games against Punish the monkey and Walpurgis.

So that one off challenge is punk compared to the PSDM mode Iam talking about.

Furthermore in that above challenge I laid out you are facing all those teams knowing right off the bat they will not retire their teams...ONLY YOU WILL RETIRE your own team if you lose...the risk is all on your head.

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2014 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

yep...
That was your challenge to people out there.
This was mine to you Wink

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
 Jump to: