65 coaches online • Server time: 17:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2014 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I've had a couple of chances to improve on the 45 points but the hot streak might have finished. Those Cobras are the ones to watch - could be the first team since the Bengals to win a Premiership without playing a full 16 games.

Join the Human League Premiership!
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2014 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I'm unlikely to improve my score and reclaim top spot, I had quite a jammy streak going. But I may be able to equal it and raise my TV. Failing that, I'd be more than happy to get Top Basher for the 3rd season running...

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2014 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The more I play with my Humans, the more I want to continue to play with them because the opportunity to test out ideas is so readily available. Even though I'm barely competitive with them, I find them one of the most enjoyable teams to play as. Keep it up guys!
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2014 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The Sons of Brutus took 13 fouls on their way through another box mugging, but were stretchered off the pitch with the victory.

They are now 1 win away from collecting 300 victories in the box, and in decent shape to grind out a couple more points in the Premiership.

Will it be enough to fend off a late challenge from the Cathy King Cobras? Can Tre St Manchester United or Äkta Människor grind their way to the top? Will the SoB collect a third Premiership title?

Edit: Win 300 has been recorded, and we've converted another loss to a draw, taking our season total to 49 points. Nothing is left in the tank, our sprint is now a lock. Good luck fellow Humans!
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2014 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

nufflehatesme wrote:

all up to you now oenarlod! let everyone know when kickoff is, i want to /cheer and /boo as much as possible Smile

VTS match in the Black Cup tentatively scheduled for monday 22:00 server time. I will try to fight for another human team showing up in a Major semi-final, after the loosing attempt of Genetic Replicants in 2013 Warpstone Open!

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2014 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

OenarLod wrote:
nufflehatesme wrote:

all up to you now oenarlod! let everyone know when kickoff is, i want to /cheer and /boo as much as possible Smile

VTS match in the Black Cup tentatively scheduled for monday 22:00 server time. I will try to fight for another human team showing up in a Major semi-final, after the loosing attempt of Genetic Replicants in 2013 Warpstone Open!

/cheer
garyt1

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I will be playing at the Spike major in Vancouver next weekend. I will use a very similar Human lineup to the Griff lineup I used at the Calgary Powtown tournament in June though have considered a couple of minor changes.

That one was
Griff,
2 Blitzers with Guard
blitzer with m blow
blitzer with tackle
thrower with leader
Lino with kick
5 rookie linos to take us up to 12 players
1 team rr
Then addition of PO on the mblower, and wrestle for a rookie lino on later games.

This time the star player can be 11th player instead of 12th. So I wonder do people think it is better to have the apo instead of the extra lino? He could help a key player but then again he can be wasted.

Also for the second day skills I wonder if block, frenzy or even dirty player might be preferable to wrestle lino? Or frenzy instead of po for blitzer 2nd skill. Not much in it though really and for this tourney the extra skills are only for last 2 games.
I'm not gonna make big changes.

I haven't much hope as there will be some strong international players, not helped by the fact I have only played one FUMBBL game in the last two months, but you never know, there could be some upsets. Smile
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you thought about dropping a lino for an extra reroll?

garyt1

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2014 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Another interesting alternative. Could change a match quite a bit. Make us more reasonable on rrs but with no reserve or apo.

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2014 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Scores update

It seems we will get a quite exiciting final rush in the Premiership. An improved Sprint by the Sons of Brutus put them on the way for legendhood, if they hold back the opposition they will be the first team in HL history to win three Premiership three titles! On the other hand, despite slowing down in the last few games, Cathay King Cobras are still a menace: they need to post just a 50% record in their last three games to claim the title from the Sons of Brutus.
The Conference side is a lot more stable.

First three Premiership positions:
1. Sons of Brutus - 49 points (10/3/3)
2. Äkta Människor - 45 points (9/2/5)
3. Cathay King Cobras - 43 points (10/0/3)

First three Conference positions:
1. Bang Gunslingers - 51 points (10/5/1)
2. Äkta Människor - 47 points (9/4/3)
3. Sons of Brutus - 45 points (9/2/5)

BTW, we are planning to change the HLP IRC channel, #humanleague at the moment.
A join-venture with the ARR! crew is on the making, to get a more living channel #metabox.
I will keep you updated.

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2014 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, at the start of the season the SoB lost a glorious game vs mrt1212's Villaraeliae BBC BBL. A blemish like those goblins on the Premiership title could only lead to something like a Meta Grudge Brawl.

So go the Cobras!

icesmooth

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2014 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Fellow HPL coaches:

I want to get some input as to the best Tournament build for FUMBBL Cup as I have decided to throw my hat in the ring to see if we can unforlorn Humans!

Hillbilly Wraslin' has started a build for the FUMMBL Cup.

With a fair amount of picking the team is developing well, but here is the real question:
To Ogre or not to Ogre?
I noticed Valtec Squad entered the Black Cup without while I believe Son of Brutus has that freak 4 AG ogre.

Obviously, there are serious TV implications with the Ogre on the roster as opposed to taking two or three additional lino fodder.

My opinion the Ogre is great especially against the non-claw teams (really because of the Guard the Ogre likely carries) but a claw team can wipe out that 160 TV real quick.

Currently I am carrying the Ogre for team development purposes but might sack him before the FUMMBL Cup.

What do y'all think?
OenarLod

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2014 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm at work, so I will go with the short version.
I usually like the Ogre in TV matched environments below 1600TV, above it, it's a matter of preference in play style, but limited to TV matched environment. In high TV tournaments, I would get a wiz instead of the Ogre everyday, especially if you have some +AG spread around.

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2014 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well OenarLod might be the most sucessfull human "major" coach or maybe it's Hank or Strider84 I don't know who made it the furthest. OenarLod is notorious for his no ogre approach the other two mentioned coaches go with the ogre. I see why OenarLod chooses not to have one.

Personally and (bear in mind I never played humans in a major) I like to have the ogre on my human team. He's there to soak up damage hand hold opponents and sometimes to block an opening for the rest of the line to get 2db vs power opponents. I like the ogre but apart from guard and doubles he should not be too skilled he's expensive enough as it is.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The Sons of Brutus aren't especially successful - just old - so not really a role model for trying to win a major. I've played for significant lengths of time with and without an Ogre - our current one is just a freak. For me it's really about exploring the variety available from the roster - so you'll often see a suboptimal build. We're super bloated at the moment but I'm itching to get back to a multiple catcher roster. It's just a matter of time before the Box hits the reset button for us.

Success can be found with and without an Ogre - I personally like break tackle on them as their first normal skill - but then I think he's a better runner than a road block. The really successful coaches use him as a road block.

For winning a major a Claw team probably isn't the biggest threat for humans (assuming you'd use the same team for other majors in R after the Fumbbl Cup). Personally, Lizards, Undead, Necro, and teams with Oneturners give me the most concern.

Jump to: