56 coaches online • Server time: 12:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join a NCAA-themed League?
Yes, yes I would.
42%
 42%  [ 190 ]
No, I doubt it.
11%
 11%  [ 50 ]
I don't know what the NCAA is.
26%
 26%  [ 118 ]
I don't join leagues.
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
I dropped the soap.
4%
 4%  [ 21 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 49 ]
Other?
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 445

FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

After another good review by one of my former critics I feel that it is time to name and shame the other:

JackassRampant wrote:
And Robo underrates FRSHMN. If I had to guess I'd put TCU in the dead center. DEAD, you hear me? 'Cause Tlaloc must be fed!

Where is Tlaloc now? Seems like a dead end! DEAD, you here me? Maybe starved cause he couldn't feed on too fast rats?!?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you throwing down the rivalry gauntlet? 'Cause we can do that starting next season… unless Hawai'i comes back; then you gotta take a number.

And have you written your thank-you letter to New Mexico yet?

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2014 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not throwing anything. I'm just returning it to sender.
And as it seems TCU is already sold out on rivalries. But maybe you can take a number and I promise, as soon as we can make it you'll be handled... again!
OTS

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2014 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Good stuff. Championship will be all green next season
MrNomad

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2014 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

OTS wrote:
Good stuff. Championship will be all green next season

Conferences change from season to season. You never know what might show up in your conference....
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2014 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

But as the smack 8 commish i now get to decide Very Happy

No room for teams like clemson that go AFK for 4 seasons :p
MrNomad

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2014 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

robocoyote wrote:
But as the smack 8 commish i now get to decide Very Happy

No room for teams like clemson that go AFK for 4 seasons :p

That's ok...we're use to being feared. Why no one has ever accepted a rivalry from us. Evil or Very Mad
MrNomad

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2014 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Seriously Injured Issue#119 bowl edition

BCS National Championship

Missouri Two-Hand-Touch Tigers vs Oregon Waterfoul

These two storied schools have a long history in the NCBB. Both have excellent coaches and both are elfy bastard teams....errr elf ball teams. Oregon is the very standard of NCBB excellence going 10-5 in bowl games which includes 3 national championships. Missouri on the other hand has went 4-4 in bowl games with a single national championship appearance in which they lost. Oregon knows how to win the big game and Missouri is trying to establish it's place in NCBB history with it's first national championship.

The coaching styles of both teams are nearly exact opposites. Oregon is methodical and patient. Waiting for you to make that one small mistake and then pounces! Missouri on the other hand has an almost riverboat gambler style of play willing to make things happen to attack the ball and put it in the endzone. There are plenty of stars on both teams but Oregon is led by senior blitzer Kenny "Eatons Pintail" Gonzales who led the team with 16 CSs this season which included a brutal game against Notre Dame where he tallied 4 CSs in the game. Missouri is led by junior catcher sensation David Chow who has tallied 7 TDs and 3 CSs this season including a fine 2 TD 1 CS performance against Old Dominion.

X-factor: Oregon has a deeper roster and better team AV which in theory should mean that more of them should stay on the pitch factor in the fact that Oregon actually has a pair of MB players on the roster it could be a long day on the pitch for the Tigers. However Oregon will also be giving up 240k in inducements to Missouri. Missouri also has the best player on the field in David Chow.

Final analysis: Oregon will win this game 3-2 and capture their 4th national championship.

Uluthan's Rose Bowl

Wisconsin Honeygrues vs Rolla Gold Diggers

These two newcomers to the league are marching in nearly identical footprints. Both played in the Goober bowl their first season while Wisconsin has went on too win back to back national titles a feat which they are the only team in league history to do. Rolla playing in their 2nd season while not the national championship is playing in the 2nd most prestigeous bowl behind the national championship, no small feat in itself having only sophomore players as the oldest players on the team. These two school will be playing in very contrasting styles.

Wisconsin will be playing the elf ball that has won it national championships while Rolla will be trying to remove as many of the pesky DEs off the pitch as possible while still trying to keep up with the scoring output of the Honeygrues. The team chemistry of Wisconsin shows that they believe in the "team" concept with no single player being the focal point of the team. In our humble opinion senior blitzer Buck "PBR" Friday will be the key player for the Honeygrues in this Rose bowl with his exceptional agi and sure hands to secure the ball and throw it where it's needed. The Gold Diggers offense is triggered by sophomore runner Anthony Mooredeath who's best game this season came against Hawaii this season with 2 TDs and a single CP.

X-factor: Wisconsin is lead by 4 seniors looking to be the first graduating class to win every single bowl game they were in and establish their legacy for the Wisconsin faithful. Rolla is an extremely young team playing in the big spotlights for the first time. They have a few players coming into this game with nagging injuries that could impact how well and long they are actually able to play in the game. Wisconsin will be giving up 180k in inducements to Rolla.

Final analysis: Wisconsin will win this game 2-0 and seal their senior team as the winningest senior class in NCBB history.

DedEx Orange Bowl

Texas S n' M Aggroes vs TCU Horned Rats

The Orange Bowl this season features a Texas sized matchup between the Aggroes and Horned Rats. Texas S n' M has been around a few seasons and has a single bowl appearance last season losing in the Rose Bowl. This team will be looking for redemption to prove that they truly belong among the elite in this league. TCU on the other hand is a young team with no bowl experience and no upper classman. This will be the chance to bring their school into the limelight and show the league what TCU bloodbowl is all about.

S n' M will be playing elf ball the hard way as they bring senior blitzer Darkmontre Moore to the pitch looking to remove as many skaven as possible from the pitch in this game. He's had a very solid season with 9 CSs so far and looking to add against TCU to graduate with an Orange Bowl trophy for the trophy case. TCU brings to the table sophomore gutter runner #85 LaDarius Brown (WR) who leads the team in consistency and TDs with 6 a season for a total of 12 TDs in his career. We are definitely looking at a high scoring affair in the Orange bowl this season.

X-factor: S n' M has a more seasoned team and better AV than the rats from TCU. TCU doesn't have a RO but does have two mean looking SVs who both have MB. Against the elves it might be a good idea to add the RO and get that PT out there to help trip up an elf or two during a key play during the game(not to mention. The school has the money for it and any SPs accumulated during a bowl game doesn't count against a players eligibility next season.(He would still be considered a freshman) Assuming that TCU doesn't add the RO they will benefit to the tune of 170k in inducements.

Final Analysis: 4-3 TCU we're going with the underdogs in this one. It looks to be an offensive shootout which should trill fans who enjoy watching such games.

Tossitos' Fiesta Bowl

Slam Diego State Smacktecs vs Alabama Green Tide

This years Fiesta Bowl features a hard hitting human team in Slam Diego against pretty beefy Orc team in Alabama. This is Slam Diego's 4th season in the league that had record in futility when comes to bowl games going 0-3 in it's first 3 seasons in bowl games including a loss in last season's NC game. Alabama is in it's 3rd season in the league but has yet to make a post season appearance before this season. One thing is for sure one of these teams will have a W in a major bowl after this game.

Slam Diego has a deep core of talent with with 6 seniors and 2 juniors on the team for this bowl. The best of them is senior blitzer Xipe-Totec who has had 12 CSs this season including a mind blowing 5 CSs against the defending National champions in Wisconsin. He's looking to go out on top with a Fiesta bowl victory to put by his name. Alabama is amazing looking team on paper. Multiple stats on various players. They have both brute strength and finesse which is almost a contradiction to Orc ball. Junior blitzer Xzavier Dickson is an incredible player sporting 5 agi and as well as MB, tackle and PO, the very paradox of this team of Orcs as well at putting up awesome numbers with 8 CSs and 4 TDs.

X-factor: Slam Diego has a lot of specialized players that give them a lot of options on the pitch. Speed with bash are trade marks of a good human team. There will be the possibility of a few loners on this team that could perhaps cause a key failure during this bowl. Alabama has is very well balanced with great muscle and agility. They played each other in the final game of the season with Alabama taking the game 1-0. So there will perhaps be a revenge factor as well going into this game for Slam Diego.

Final Analysis: Alabama just has to much strength and tools and wins in a close game 2-1 but it won't be easy.

More to come in the next day or two...
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2014 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

MrNomad wrote:
Final Analysis: 4-3 TCU

I like this guy's expertise... he defintely knows what he's talking about! Very Happy
happygrue

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2014 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

FRSHMN wrote:
MrNomad wrote:

I like this guy's expertise... he defintely knows what he's talking about! Very Happy

MrNomad wrote:

Final analysis: Wisconsin will win this game 2-0 and seal their senior team as the winningest senior class in NCBB history.

I agree! Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2014 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Slam Diego just doesn't come out for bowl games. Never can get up for it; the way we see it, you earn the best bowl appearance you can and that's the only thing that matters, unless maybe it's the National Championship.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2014 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

FRSHMN wrote:
MrNomad wrote:

Pffft.

It'll be 3-1 - but there's more than one X-factor, and for both teams, so I just don't know who will be on which side of that. I'm sure it will be S&M, but I just can't know that for certain. Laughing

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Smack 7 Preview

Welcome back College Bloodbowl Fans. It’s that time of year where it’s almost time to kickoff the new season. The Smack conference went 1-3 in the bowls last season, with the only winner being Slam Diego who is taking this season off…… so we will have to find a way to improve. The Smack 7 has some new and old faces so let’s take a look at who will be in contention for the Smack Conference Title.

Alabama Green Tide – Last Season (4-2-2) With 1 game not played

Alabama is a mean green bloodbowl machine, but the wheels came off in a match against Slam Diego. Alabama has a stud blitzer with an interesting build. Xzavier Dickson has the ability to hit you and also to move the ball. He will be key to Alabama’s run back to a bowl.

TCU Horned Rats – Last Season (6-1-2)

TCU was new to the Aq last season and proved themselves by winning the Smack Conference and almost sneaking into the National Title. TCU then fell flat against Texas S&M in the Dedex Orange Bowl. TCU will look to prove they are here to stay and TCU has a team full of Juniors to do it with.

Fresno-State Red Wave – Last Season (3-2-3) With 1 game not played

Fresno lost a hard fought game to its rival Cal in the Wonderbra Bowl, but Fresno returns an experienced team looking to make another run at the title. Fresno will be lead by heavy hitter SGT Slaughterdog in his senior season and will need Slim Shady McCoy to develop to help them compete.

Gardner Webb – Last Season (2-1-2) Mid-Season Replacement

Gardner Webb came back mid season and will look to come back with a bang in their first season back since taking a season off. JJ Hubbard is a young catcher with +MA he will need to improve to help Gardner Webb have a solid season.

Buffalo – Last Season (2-1-2) With 4 Games Not Played

Buffalo is back after a season in the Non-Aq, but after playing only 5 games the team is still really young and will still be building. The team really doesn’t have a young stud, but they are still Chaos Dwarfs which are always dangerous.

UNLZ – Last Season (5-1-3)

UNLZ is one of two teams that are making their debut in the Smack conference after a season in the Non-AQ. UNLZ had a really solid season in the Non-AQ, but be prepared for a rude awakening. It’s a whole new game when you join the big boys. A +ST berserker and a +MA,+AG runner could be studs if they can survive their second seasons.

South Florida – Last Season (0-2-3) With 4 Games not played

South Florida is new to the Smack Conference but is an experienced NCBB team. Lead by stud Runner Gokiburi Amichia the team has some experience to compete with the other teams in conference. Watch out for the teams Block Snow troll if he can develop the team will be dangerous.

We shall see how this season plays out and which team can lead the Smack 7 back to glory.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

FRSHMN wrote:
MrNomad wrote:

Oh - and I forgot to gloat about this - my bad. Laughing

Texas won 2:1, if by a very(!) thin margin. LOTS of KO's, not many casualties, and it almost went to OT.

But no TCU, and certainly no 4:3, not by a long shot, as Texas wins their 1st bowl game in their 5th season.

On paper, TCU will be scarier this season, and Texas perhaps less so after graduating their POMB'er and +St blodge lino, but new talent (and less inducements) will be taking their place.

On to Season 6!

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Relezite

Post   Posted: Sep 23, 2014 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Big BEAST Conference Preview
With your host Chad Brospeh

ok hell what where do i stand right here talk into this thing alright bro you got it.

ok bros looks its another season of the ncbees and i dont know about yall but im stoked as a fucking wicked hot furnace of mad flips and shit know what im saying lets do this right. im coming out for my homies in the big beastacles and were gunna shop about these bros all up and down until we are legit experts or like professors on the subject ya dig.

gotta start with my main bros what pulled in that deliriously biznasty trophy and won it all, the tigers. man these cats came out last season with something to prove like they was all testing scientific theories of unverified nature and shit. they straight up never lost. whats up more is that they never even lost. im just saying bros how is it better than that it isnt deal with it. shit is off the hook so far other teams be drowning in it.

ok look yeah i gotta rap honest with yall i guess they asked me to do this thing but i basically understand fuckall about the mad dynamics of this or whatever. like we just riot around the frat house in our fucking mizzou underwear drinking brews and oh man did you see the shit andy just did and i guess the game is on in the background. all i know is we won alot so now i guess i gotta skim these other chumps in the conf and give you like the cliffwikis to keep it real. youre welcome.

alright so heres a team that i guess is a bunch of big yellow lizards. thats cool bro i know lots of bros from cali all glowing yellow getting their tan on and basically being huge useless tools at each other. actually i thought lizards were like amphibians and couldnt tan or even have skin whats up with that shit makes no sense pop a collar and call it a fucking day 0/10 bro, sorry.

now ok look heres just some fucking frogs too jesus chriz whats up with these guys. we got like tigers you know, proper beasts, lords of the desert, and were up against all this swamp shit no wonder it went down so easy. 1/10, at least they aint from cali.

ok cool texas i can blaze with these bros they aight know how to party and flip shit and basically pop wheelies down the wicked halfpipe of life you know what im sayin. ok they are aggroes or whatever i dont know what means but still alright maybe thats some kind of beast or beastly expression im not a poet alright. 7/10, and they can swing up for the tailgate sometime but they gotta bring the brews or dames or wait both.

arkansas ok what no. nothing goes on down there except the pavement we get our road trip maxed out on headed to texas for some of their free range blazin it. seriously i guess props to these bros for uniting the 11 people in the state that know the either end of the sports ball but man no. 2/10 not a frog.

penn state i aint even heard of that state what is that in china 2/10 not a frog.

oh man uconn, these guys are crazy straight up to the fucking stratosphere with the fucking craziness field goal kick right through the fucking pearly gates of football its goooooooood says jesus and he high fives the shit out of brett farve who isnt even dead yet i know but he comes and goes to heaven as he pleases. uconn is like our dawg man like literally the dog to our cat and we will chase each other around all barking and dropping frying pans on each other like this is an all night cartoon cat and dog marathon show. 10/10 keep it real but we got the 11 bro come and fucking get it.

oh shit jakes on the roof again what the fuuuuuuuuck gotta go later.

Last edited by Relezite on Nov 26, 2014 - 02:24; edited 5 times in total
 Jump to: