19 coaches online • Server time: 05:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
luckyjim12

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2014 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Terrible idea. Bring on the random. I for one am looking forward to the cards winding up anyoen who takes this game too seriously!
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2014 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
I'm pretty sure it does work.

On the topic: IF such an agreement was the way to go, then I'd say both opponents had to agree that the cards will NOT be used

I think thats just somewhat unnecessary since if both coaches don't want to use them they can just refrain from buying them.
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2014 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

This make no sense IMO

SO, dirty tricks show up and now we want to discuss pre match arrangements and so forth on if both coaches should agree.

Well I think it is OP to allow the underdog to have wizards and goblins should not be allowed any bribes.

Of course I think both coaches should agree during pre match which inducements are allowed or banned. TV favorite breaks all ties in case of disagreement of course.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2014 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

In the future, pre match inducements will be the new picking. THE FUTURE IS NOW!
tmoila

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2014 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Metagame is switching! What will pros do?
Smeat

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

It's been asked before, but it would be really nice if, when a coach plays a card, a pop-up appeared (notifying the other coach of what that card was and who it was played on, with time stopping while the other coach caught up on what the card-holding player had known the entire game.

Otherwise, it often takes a little while to find the player and figure out what has changed, and re-label that player appropriately, ~IF~ you catch that a card has been played at all. Having the player (temporarily?) highlighted would make it even quicker to change his labeling, and/or just point him out so play can continue without that unannounced surprise.

(Especially true as we move into implementing more and more card decks. While it is every coach's responsibility to know those cards, otoh it would, overall, speed up play to have a quick pop-up explain to the other coach what the card does, same as the drawing player got.

Could be a count-down on the pop-up, so it only lasts X seconds max before auto-closing, if desired.)

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)

Last edited by Smeat on %b %30, %2014 - %00:%Sep; edited 2 times in total
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't agree with this first post at all. These cards (and hopefully eventually all the others) should be available in Ranked, Blackbox and Stunty. Including - and especially - tournaments imo.

As for League: All leagues have optional rules. Some allow stars, some don't. Some wizards, some don't. And so on and so forth.

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Smeat

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Burnalot wrote:
I think it would be a good idea to only allow cards (of all kinds, not just dirty tricks) when both players agree(

Both Players DID agree, when they signed up to play on this site by the standard rules.

As Balle says, if you want non-standard rules, join/form a League.

Done.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
Burnalot wrote:
I think it would be a good idea to only allow cards (of all kinds, not just dirty tricks) when both players agree(

Both Players DID agree, when they signed up to play on this site by the standard rules.

Done.

But the thing is that the cards are optional, just like variant spiralling expenses and each team starting with 5 FF etc.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:

But the thing is that the cards are optional, just like variant spiralling expenses and each team starting with 5 FF etc.

I'm not sure that is quite the same tho. The cards are after all an additional feature that has been designed and balanced for the game (however well that was) before the release of the game.

It's kinda more like using an additional add-on to the original box. You don't have to but it's sort of enriching the game. And it's kinda exactly the thing you want in an online community.

Just starting with another amount of FF or altering Spiralling Expenses isn't quite the same because you just modify settings that have been looked at and an ideal amount has been determined in the rules differently. It's not an addition or enrichment of the core rules to use those different settings.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 02:14 Reply with quote Back to top

But almost all of the rules are optional. Page 16, first sentence. So fouling, hand-offs, apothecaries and necromancers, all inducements, leagues, the kick-off table, GFIs, weather, assists, interceptions, fumbles, injuries, SPPs, and almost everything else, are exactly as optional as cards.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Smeat wrote:
Burnalot wrote:

Done.

Exaxtly. But optional on a per league basis NOT per game basis. And Christer as League commisioner clearly wants the cards, otherwise he would have told Kalimar not to bother implementing them. Cards are fun. Blood bowl is a game of random fun not chess. Lets have fun with all the hard work Kalimar and Christer are doing rather than moan about these awesome new features.

Oscar Wilde
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
And Christer as League commisioner clearly wants the cards, otherwise he would have told Kalimar not to bother implementing them.

Kalimar has coded a number of options that are only available in [L]eague.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
It's been asked before, but it would be really nice if, when a coach plays a card, a pop-up appeared (notifying the other coach of what that card was and who it was played on, with time stopping while the other coach caught up on what the card-holding player had known the entire game.

Otherwise, it often takes a little while to find the player and figure out what has changed, and re-label that player appropriately, ~IF~ you catch that a card has been played at all. Having the player (temporarily?) highlighted would make it even quicker to change his labeling, and/or just point him out so play can continue without that unannounced surprise.

(Especially true as we move into implementing more and more card decks. While it is every coach's responsibility to know those cards, otoh it would, overall, speed up play to have a quick pop-up explain to the other coach what the card does, same as the drawing player got.

Could be a count-down on the pop-up, so it only lasts X seconds max before auto-closing, if desired.)

I think that will be implemented in the update on 5th.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
Smeat wrote:
It's been asked before, but it would be really nice if, when a coach plays a card, a pop-up appeared

I think that will be implemented in the update on 5th.

Yup.
 Jump to: