41 coaches online • Server time: 12:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
@PainState: anything more on that bug? I can still have a look at it...

when adding inducement money in the optional league rules it works for the TV leader, but for the TV underdog the money does not get added properly - if you buy a card it just reduces the amount of inducement money you already had. IIRC

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

One unintended consequence of these cards in Box is that perhaps, maybe coaches will activate more teams per activation period to garner the most even TV matchup so they aren't overdogs by a huge amount. If you don't want to give up inducements let the scheduler do its magic and get you even matches.
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Kalimar wrote:

when adding inducement money in the optional league rules it works for the TV leader, but for the TV underdog the money does not get added properly - if you buy a card it just reduces the amount of inducement money you already had. IIRC

I looked through the FFB Client bug list and could not find this one, does not mean it is not there, I just could not find it.

But Garions description of the bug is correct.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I couldn't find it either, very odd. I will wait to see what Kalimar says here, before reporting it.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

@PainState, Garion: Just fixed it for the upcoming release. There you go... Smile
Vesikannu

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
@PainState, Garion: Just fixed it for the upcoming release. There you go..

There's also this bug which concerns adding free money for cards only. Was that also fixed or is it the same bug you're referring to.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup same bug and its fixed now hooray for Kalimar Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Vesikannu wrote:
Kalimar wrote:
@PainState, Garion: Just fixed it for the upcoming release. There you go..

There's also this bug which concerns adding free money for cards only. Was that also fixed or is it the same bug you're referring to.

We have a winner FUMBBL fans!!! I knew it was in that hay stack somewhere.

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Wouldn't want to spoil your fun with the cards...

Last edited by Kalimar on %b %30, %2014 - %21:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
@PainState, Garion: Just fixed it for the upcoming release. There you go... Smile

Mega AWESOME STUFF!!!!

Thanks a lot Kalimar.

Oh, in the lands of the dead my crystal ball sees dirty trick insanity on the horizon for season #4!!!!

BTW will be open for recruitment in a short time. I know, low down, dirty filthy plug. Laughing

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Dirty Tricks and free card money for the KPL season 4 you say?

...gonna need more SAWs! \o/

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2014 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Kalimar wrote:

Uhm, that's weird. I remember something about the page not showing up properly for the underdog.
Getting kinds skipped!
Also if you added inducement money I believe the card buy screen was skipped alltogether!

Although I was only managing the league. Never really uhm.. saw it happen myself.
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems that a lot of coaches are under the impression that the dirty tricks deck is superior to the magic items deck...Iam not so sure after further review and here is why.

1) The big cards in dirty tricks that coaches seem to be salivating over are Custard Pie, Chop Block and Pit trap. So 3 of the 12 cards. 2 of them, Chop Block and Pit trap are in essence auto knock downs on the ball carrier with the negative being you use those cards at the end of your turn.

Custard Pie gives that auto Hypno Gaze, one time shot, to take a shot insde a cage.

2)Exploding Runes and Kicking Boots are in essence magic items put in the dirty tricks deck. Yet one of them has S. Weapon nega trait so inless you have a bribe it is a one drive item. The Boots have DP/kick/-MA so if you do not use it to foul it is just kick skill with a -MA, not very good IMO, and if you use it for foulling, probaly a 2-3 foul item and then gone.

3)The rest of the deck is just annoying things that in certain situations can cause your foe some headaches but nothing game breaking.

The Magic Items deck does not mess with your foe but buffs your own team.

1)It has 4 really nice cards that last the entire game.
Beguling Braces: Hypno Gaze but you get bone head to go with it. This item on a AG4-6 player, dominating item.
Belt of Invulnerability and Magic Codpiece: Both great items to put on your best player. Codpiece is perfect for that PO monster you have.
Rabbits foot is another one of those entire game you get Pro on your best hitter. Free chances at a reroll on every single blitz move, that is a really nice buff.

Inertia Damper on a critical drive can really hamper your foe.
Lucky Charm...every wardancer wants one of these, right.
Wand of Smashing for that one big blitz from one of your non basher types, comes in handy more than you think.

2) The rest of the deck is a bunch of highly situational cards that if the time is right could come in handy.

So on balance IMO the magic Items have 4 really good cards, that last the entire match compared to 3 really nice one shot cards found in the dirty tricks deck.

Once you move down the deck to the above average cards the Magic Items deck has 3 of them and the Drity tricks has well, none really, the rest of them are extremely situational cards.

So as you can see I dont think the Dirty Tricks deck is this game breaking set of cards. I think if you are going to get 4 cards you might just be better off grabbing 4 Magic Item cards VS Dirty tricks. You have a much better chance of getting good cards that you will use in the Magic Items.

Now I admit a lot of this is POV from each coach. I like to buff my team and not worry as much about messing with the other team. Some coaches like the Dirty Tricks because they mess with the other team and they feel that is more valuable to them instead of buffing their own team.

On balance ignoring all 357 situational possibilities and totally ignoring what type of team you have. The Magic Items deck is on balance a better deck than the Dirty Tricks deck.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Kicking Boots, if I get it, goes on my sneaky git HMP Bombardier, every single time.
charlie1331

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2014 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
fidius wrote:
Blitz + Perfect Defense are 1/12 each, so 1/6 = 16.7%.

You are correct sir, I have to many numbers on my doodle chart next to me.

IMO still does not change my original point though.

Problem with that 16.7% is it assumes everything has the same chance of being rolled. And as much as I love Riots I know they happen much less frequently than changing weather.
 Jump to: