39 coaches online • Server time: 17:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Interested?
Elfballing, hells yeah!
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
Of course not. I only enjoy dwarf mirror matches or box clawpomb.
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
If those pansy elves don't want to play against my pomb tacklers, I'm glad they take their ... out of [R]
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Noooo... Please don't leave, mon cherry!
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Rush and Pie.
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 22

the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2014 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

If you like the kinds of games that focus on the ball and have lots of touchdowns, then you'll love Rush and Pass.

Your favorite bash-free elfballing league is once again looking for coaches. We are currently recruiting for season XI, and I for one am looking forward to it.

Rush and Pass is a league with no damage skills or fouls. We used to have some vague rules about stalling and blocking, but this was quite troublesome to interpret well. Instead, the scoring system as we have it now simply gives you good incentive to score often but defend well, rather than drag out your receiving half. With little in terms of damage and many SPPs to go 'round, teams build up very fast.

In the league, we play both scheduled leagues and unscheduled friendlies. The scheduled seasons are run in TV brackets, with weekly deadlines. People sign up for scheduled play on a per season basis, so you only commit to a few games, not to a lengthy process. In addition, you can play unlimited friendlies with any team that is not currently in an active season. Coaches are free to make multiple teams in the league, so feel free to make a team and play a friendly or two to see if you like it. Have a look at our group page, and sign up.

Hope to see you on the pitch!

Last edited by the_Sage on %b %28, %2014 - %14:%Nov; edited 4 times in total
flydd

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2014 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I am quite tempted to apply to join. However I was wondering how many games are there typically in a season? I want to make sure I can commit to it before applying.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2014 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Flydd.

It depends on how many coaches we have (we now have five).

The planned format is to play a full round robin if we have 9 or fewer teams (so that would be up to 8 games). If there are 10-17 (which I would not expect for a first season after a restart), we would have 2 pools of (so 5-7 games).

Regardless of whether you can commit to a season of scheduled play, you can go ahead and make a Rush and Pass team. You can play friendlies with it without commitment or limitations. This will let you build up a team and get a feel for the league. Once we know how many coaches we have, you can decide to commit or not.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

This is just a very subtle bump to let everyone know season X is about to start, and we're still recruiting. If everyone who signed up in September is up for joining a scheduled season, we should have 8 coaches at the moment.

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2014 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Played my first game in Rush and Pass last night and I have to say it was great fun. Match report can be found here.

Highlight of the game happened on the last turn when Hantier the super thrall made 3 dodges, a 1 dice block, picked up the ball in a tackle zone and two GFIs through the snow to score. A cracking game against a very unfortunate coach who didn't deserve the dice nuffle gave him.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

All right, Rush and Pass season XI will be drawn tomorrow evening (Wednesday Nov 26th). We have 8 recruits so far (that's double the # of last season =), but will welcome any last-minute additions.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I just might have applied with a rookie skaven team No VACation

And despite being in Fumbbl for a few years now, this is going to be my first league.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

tmoila wrote:
I just might have applied with a rookie skaven team No VACation

And despite being in Fumbbl for a few years now, this is going to be my first league.

Cool, welcome!
Due to a request for more time to build using friendlies (the season has a TV cap of 1500), the draw will be made on Monday.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2015 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Rush and Pass Season 12 is starting soon!

R&P is an unusual League where the usual CRP game is turned on its head, and the Bash is minimized and Scoring is maximized.

If you want to practice your 2-Turn-Score plays (or OTS!) several times each half, play in a League where the cage-and-stall is a losing strategy, enjoy the more "finesse" Teams without having to worry about attrition and seeing your best players broken while you get your 1 score per game, just want a break once in a while from all that POMB CRP, or simply want something different, then R&P may be for you!

-> Rush and Pass League

Give us a look, and/or give The_Sage (or me) a shout!

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
OTS

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2015 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you saying I need practice??
Smeat

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2015 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno... AM I? Cool

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
 Jump to: