41 coaches online • Server time: 13:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It is time!

A year has passed and it is high time for another World Championship Season.

The event will take place from now on on an annuyal basis every year in autumn.

The World Championship is a true fluffbased set of global Warhammer World leagues where the best contestants of each nation compete in a grand championship for the title of the best team in the world!

Every nation is restrictet in races and brings a little bit of it's own fluff and will feature some of its own of the newly introduced optional league rules.

Old and New Teams
To make new applications more attractive there will be a TV cap this time for old teams set at 1250 TV and 100k treasury! (Exact: You may not exceed 1250 TV and may not exceed 1350 in treasury/1000+TV.) You may not enter the 1250 formats with an active Clawpomb player.

For those who are unwilling to abide by these terms there will be a special profesionally league in the empire that allows a TV cap of 1800! More news about this soon!

Applicants from other Leagues
Furthermore if you have a team that has played in a real world national competition only, this team will be granted access at a tv cap of 1200 TV. Only a number of elitary leagues will be allowed, namely OBBA, DFFL, SWL, the 145er club... (this is not a complete list tho.)

How to APPLY?
State your choice of nation and race in the forum, then apply to the group! Very Happy

APPLICATION RESTRICTIONS: For the first 3 days races that are numbered are restricted to their former owners in the CFC2. After this Saturday the spots will be up for grabs!

When does it all start?
Official start plan for the CFC is october the 15th.
Note that we also still recruit admins for the different nations.

The Nations:
Elite Group
Within the Empire a special group of elite teams has formed that accepts all kinds of competitors. In this league the TV cut for former WCS teams is 1800 and 100k treasury!

All races - infinite!

Note: Depending on the number of particpants this group may be split up into several based on nation.

Empire (1 coach)
The strongest human power ruling over the center of the world. The empire is ruled by humans and inhabited by humans. Only in their border regions and under ground some of their allies form different teams to compete in the ultimate human dominated championchip.
Humans – Infinite (El_Dude)
Dwarf – 1
Halflings - 1 ()
Ogres - 1

Ulthuan - 7 (1 coach)
On the island of the elves the sport of bloodbowl is still percieved with some mistrust but a steadily growing sport as the growing number of outlandish Elves who come to play in pro teams on the old island proof a growing interest. Those carnival elf players usually have a bad reputation among the high elves but are serious contenders against the best High Elf Teams on Ulthuan. Only one group of late migrants in the westernmost forrests of the island plays the Woodelf style.
Highelves – Infinite
Woodelves – 1
Elf - 3 (Meaningdul)

Naggaroth - 1 coach
Naggaroths elitary claim that darkelves are superior to all others lets little room for other races. As far as the Dark Elves are concerned, the champion among the Dark Elves isn't just the best team in Naggaroth but the best team in the entire world.
A few outsiders have come together to form some mixed teams to compete for the title but so far the league has been dominated by the Dark Elves.
Darkelves – Infinite (the_sage)
Chaos Pact – 1
Underworld – 1
Elf - 1

Badlands A - (7 coaches)
The Orclands aren't just one empire but many. What unites are long lasting traditions like the love for national sport of Bloodbowl. The ultimate contest. Children grow up with it, play it with human skulls after the battle on the battlefield. The greenskins just love the competetion and take the game very seriously. The goblins inhabiting the same area may not be build for the sport like the bigger orcs are but they love the sport just the same.
Orcs – Infinite (DeZigma, Village_Idiot, pythrr, Cavetroll)
Goblins – Infinite (Uzulak, Throweck, dabassman)
Underworld - 1

Badlands will feature a special Series A and Series B this season, with Series A accepting applicant at a TV of up to 1800!

Badlands Series B - 2 coaches

Orcs - Infinite
Goblins - Infinite (THE GREAT GOBBO!, Macabeo
)
Underworld - 1

Norsca
Norsca is a vast seafaring nation to the north only inhabited by humans. Some, like Jan-Erik, claim to not really be Norse but everybody else knows that they still are.
Norse usually play their own style of bloodbowl but the imperial style has been known to be played by at least some of the humans.
Recognizable is one village at the eastern coast consisting entirely of warrior women that decided to pick up the game.
Norse – Infinite
Humans – 1
Amazon – 1

Realm of Chaos - 2 coaches

To some it is a mistery why the slaves of the chaos demons have even picked up the game and compete in the annual competions. Undoubted is that they are very good at it. How the champion among the ranks of the chaos themselves is decided is still a bit of a mistery in the outside world but one thing should be certain: It is bloody.
Chaos – Infinite (Ilpars)
Nurgle – Infinite
Skaven - 1
Chaos Dwares - 1
Chaos Pact - 3 (BillBrasky)
Underworld – 1

Lustria -
Lustria is more a continent than an actual nation, yet they have a unifying bloodbowl sport body. It is save to say that the majority of the continent is ruled by the slann elders although they don't participate in the games themselves. The skaven, vampires and amazons are independed cities within the reaches, nevertheless they compete in the Lustrian League for the championchip.
Slann - Infinite
Lizardmen – Infinite
Vampires - Infinite
Skaven – 1

Under Empire
The Under Empire is unimaginably large and there is no place to put it because it goes underground through many reaches. The inhabitants of this place are the skaven. One dwarf fortress is known to annually put a team in the mix because of their lack of access to another league.
Skaven – Infinite
Underworld – 3
Goblins - 1

Land of the Dead - 1 coach
One of the most obscure sights in this world are a bunch of brainless zombies trying to play a sportsgame. While these mindless creatures are usually controlled by subordinate necromancers of the mighty Nagash, some independend necromancers have lately left their laboratories to join the fun of puppet commaning undead units for sports. Tomb Guardians known to have shaken off the shells of Nagash and developing their own will are rarely seen in this place. Yet recently a club of these terrifying creatures has risen to compete against their old master.
Undead – Infinite (lemf)
Necromantics – Infinite
Khemri – Infinite
Vampire - Infinite

Karaz Angkor - 1 coach
In a vast mountain range lies Karaz Angkor, the monumental home of the dwarves. A single Ogre tribe at the outskirts of the mountains likes to enjoy playing in this tournament for fun and recently a human team has formed in the capital consisting mostly of immigrants from the human quarters. Although the mountains are known to inhabit Orcs and other creatures they usually don't have good relations with the dwarves. One tribe however has recently developed such good trade relations that it even is invited to the annual bloodbowl events.
Dwarves- Infinite (SzieberthAdams)
Humans – 1
Orks - 1
Ogres - 1

Ogre Kingdoms - 1 team taken
The ogre kingdoms are a large area in the northeast. While nobody here seriously things of winning the world championchip, the ogres still enjoy competing amongst themselves. While the ogres playstile is improvable only really the toughest people dare to challenge these mighty creatures their homegrounds. Currently a single club of chaosdwarves is competing here aswell as a fearless club from a Norse city at the western coast of the area.
Ogres – Infinite (Wreckage)
Chaos Dwarves – 1

Brettonnia
Much can be said about humans in the world. But it is quite telling that not one but two human nations have risen to a powerfull force in the world. Hidden within the Bretonnian realm lie the forrest homes of the woodelves. Since Bretonnia is technically unable to controll these forrests one could claim they are an independend area but at least for purposes of sports those two cultures have come together and overcome their differences.
Humans – Infinite
Woodelves – Infinite
Vampires – 1
Halflings - 1

Plain of Zharr
In a very unhospitaple place between the Realms of Chaos and the World Edge Mountains lies a giant plain, the home to the Chaos Dwarves. Not only is the plain occupied with Ork tribes and subject to Chaos invasions, it is also infested with thousands of undead, locked into a permanent struggle for dominance. In this bewildering environment it is only the immense love for Bloodbowl that brings these different groups together.
Chaos Dwarves – Infinite
Chaos – 2
Orks – 1
Undead - 1
Necromantics - 1
Chaos Pact - 2

The "Moot"
You are NOW allowed to play a SECOND team in this nation even if you already applied to the WCS but a couple of things need to be respected.

Within the vast region of the empire lies the "moot". Once part of the Empires Bloodbowl Union, the Moot has now become an independend Bloodbowl body. Since then thousands of young eager Flings have stormed the plains to explore this exiting game in an environment where they "might" not die.
This new trend has started to attract some of the best coaches all over the world, who believe it is their fate to show the world how much can be archieved using a Fling team. The first League is now known to be dominated with many big names in the buisness. Some top coaches in the world.

Infinite Halflings - ()

If you have questions get back to me.

Other things to tell:
We still need league admins for the respective nations. Cavetroll will be handling the Badlands, if you want to handle another nation, get in contact with me.

For some infos on the finer rules of the league check the rules from last season on the group page! As we are still in the progress of rebuilding everything expect more news soon!

Have fun!

Last edited by Wreckage on Oct 16, 2014 - 23:48; edited 7 times in total
SkavenLordVinshqueek

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm... My Skaven played in the first two seasons and (as will various other teams) are far further then the cap of 1250 TV.

I would like to continue with that team (cause otherwise keeping it in limbo for over a year has been a bit useless), but awaiting what that elite group is going to be about, am going to say I'd like to sign up as the Ogre team in the Empire for now.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, similar position for me. Depending on the details, I'm most likely to be in with my old team, but they'd have to be in the Elite group. How does the cap work? i.e. if my team is below 1800 TV already, can I keep their treasury over 100k? Or are they two separate and unrelated limits?

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I wantz ter enta der Green Tide Globetrottaz in der Badlandz leeg az we iz frum der Marshes o Madness.
Macabeo

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in too, and luckily my old team is 1240 TV (the perks of playing goblins). However I don't mind submitting a new team in case some nation is short of teams.

Anyway, I support using the 1250 TV cap to encourage new people to join. With the delay between seasons many of the old participants won't be around, so better do something newbie friendly.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Yeah, similar position for me. Depending on the details, I'm most likely to be in with my old team, but they'd have to be in the Elite group. How does the cap work? i.e. if my team is below 1800 TV already, can I keep their treasury over 100k? Or are they two separate and unrelated limits?

For purposes of excess treasury it will be counted as additional TV.

So if you had a TV of 1500, you could have 400k treasury Smile
Meanandugl

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Will old WCS teams be given an opportunity to cut in order to get TV to <1250? If not most teams will either be out or have to meet in the Elite group. If you take fx Ulthuan last season 6 out of 7 teams ended the season at >1250.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm... Can't cut the Chain Breakers down to 1250k (currently at 1650k and still barely developed!) but playing them in an elite devision doesn't make much sense for them either fluff-wise or from a competitive point of view.

I'll have to think about that. Not looking good right now. :-/

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Meanandugl wrote:
Will old WCS teams be given an opportunity to cut in order to get TV to <1250? If not most teams will either be out or have to meet in the Elite group. If you take fx Ulthuan last season 6 out of 7 teams ended the season at >1250.

We will actually allow teams to play a friendly with concession in turn 1 against an opponent of their choosing. The team will be also allowed to keep the money.

This way the coaches should be able to modify their teams.

I will add these things to the new rules once I have time. It will probably take me about 2 days, thank you for bringing it up. Smile
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Against an opponent of their choosing? So I could pick another team in the Elite division, and hope that their 51+ SPP players quit when they concede? Sneaky.

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Against an opponent of their choosing? So I could pick another team in the Elite division, and hope that their 51+ SPP players quit when they concede? Sneaky.

It can be somebody outside of the the WCS, your buddy, your neighbor who has never played BB in his life or the top team of fumbbl... if you get the guy to play against you obviously Wink

...If you guys need help on how to cut your teams down, just PM me, I'm happy to advise you on it... Wink

Rabe: cut the mino, the kicker, the skaven and Thort One eye. Then rebuy a new Marauder and a new Skaven...

You should be just about below the 1250 threshhold..

Just a random suggestion tho... but agree that it would be nearly impossible to make the cut without at least temporary getting rid of one of the big guys..
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

come join da Badlandz and laff at Shagga!

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

So I can pick an opponent of my choosing, but then I have to persuade him to concede a game against me? This seems like an odd way to handle things. Can't we just have a pre-season friendly instead?

Also, I understand the rationale between having TV caps, but it does sort of feel like a punishment for those of us who have stuck with the WCS through the first 2 seasons: "Thanks for the loyalty and contributing to building what we have. Now destroy your team, or exclude yourself from the main body of the league".

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The Cothique Sea Guards , one of the worst performing teams of the first 2 seasons, want to do better this time and have just reapplied (hope application is meant to be stated here).
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2014 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
So I can pick an opponent of my choosing, but then I have to persuade him to concede a game against me?

If you have really no friends, I'm happy to help you out there Wink

Quote:
This seems like an odd way to handle things. Can't we just have a pre-season friendly instead?

The rationale behind it is that you can't willfully skill your team over this. I can't really handle these things for everyone differently and that was just the way I decided to go. But if you really feel like this is an issue just gather a few people who all feel the same as you and we'll try to work something out.

Quote:
Also, I understand the rationale between having TV caps, but it does sort of feel like a punishment for those of us who have stuck with the WCS through the first 2 seasons.

It wasn't exactly an easy decision. The cap was designed to give you a headstart, you still get better teams than people who start new. On top of it, cut teams these days are highly competative. The LRB4 times were a team is crippled from a cut down are really over.
And trust me, I have been coping with this for a long time but overall there is pretty much an agreement with the staff that a cut, however high is necessary, sadly.

The nation for 1800 tv teams is about the best compromise I can offer and you guys have been invited to participate every step of the way, but at some point things need to be done and decided. Sorry.
 Jump to: