12 coaches online • Server time: 06:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Foad

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 06:29 Reply with quote Back to top

What about if it's turn #16 and he's already on the ground?

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 06:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Fortis wrote:
Is it that time of the season again when we discuss a change to the parking rules to improve team turnover, coach fatigue and general sense making?

IT HAS BEEN DISCUSSED BY THE COMMITTEE AND THERE WILL BE NONE OF THAT NONSENSE DO NOT BRING IT UP AGAIN
Fortis

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

You just said that two of the old enforcer teams are rejoining, semi was curious about how that would work given the current rules so I was wondering if this was a foreshadowing of that conversation again or if the parking rules were going to be overlooked/revised.
polemarch

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

OK… on the assumption that the Tribute fail to beat the Crookwell Green Devils then this is going to be their last SWL game.

However this means that the little jumpers (aka splatters) will be giving their all and perhaps (Nuffle willing (and we know that he hates the little buggers)) they might pull off a win, which will most likely put them into Prem.

If this happens then I might actually do what Tomay didn't do with the Kowabunga Connection (and is is actually Cowabunga according to my kids who are going through a TMNT phase) and retire the Tribute anyway!

So just so that I can get the drafting option out there in the open right away, my draft choice is VAMPIRES…. OMG I am a sucker (pun intended) for punishment!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Rest assured, there will be no rules broken with the return of the two coaches, if indeed they return.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW, from Kalimar's Blog:

Quote:
Christer and I have synced our schedules and determined Sunday, October 5th as release date for FFB version 1.2.0. We'll start migrating around 20:00 server time. This will likely cause some problems as we're going to use a new database, a new way to store replays, new player icons etc. We do have a fallback scenario switching back to the old (current) version if everything goes ballooney. Please have some patience with us and schedule important games on another date.

FFB version 1.2.0 will bring you:

- the Dirty Tricks card deck
- a Card playing animation when using a card in the game (thanks to WhatBall for the graphics)
- Player Markers saved by team (on starting a new game your players will be marked the same as in the last game)
- Custom pitches to be used for tournaments or your own leagues (thanks to Garion for putting a lot of work into these)
- a couple of new chat commands in test mode (set up a custom pitch, change the weather, add a card)
- a lot of bug fixes (such as 2x GFI on a TTM, lots of Bomb trouble etc.)

Plus a lot more technical stuff such as a new way to store replays (drastically reducing database size), a new communications layer (wich will allow for a JavaScript client in the future) and a better way to handle sounds (and hopefully avoid the client crashes we've seen lately).

Keep on playing!

So we will have to see how it works, but we might have a custom SWL pitch design soon. Oh and I'll be able to save my markers and use dirty tricks. Pretty cool.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Saving player markers is literally the best news I've heard all year.
Foad

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I need to donate again...

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, a server migration could cause downtime on Monday evening when round #7 is due...

Can we get a blanket extension until Wednesday the 8th?

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

How about allowing coaches with a team in a conference to trial a second team in regionals simultaneously. At the end of the season they can only continue with 1 team though. The second team would meet very strict drafting rules as well (such as no other existing team or just 1 other in SWL), making it more likely to be say vampires and impossible to be say Dwarves. We could also limit this option to be only available every second season and only to coaches who have not forfeited games recently.

Oscar Wilde
Semitence

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Or just allow coaches to go back to teams so they can change it up to stop fatigue. I think 1 team is right, no need for more.
Fortis

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't think of anything worse than having reggies full of coaches with second teams who already struggle to arrange one game per week Grod.
Foad

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Fortis wrote:
I can't think of anything worse than having reggies full of coaches with second teams who already struggle to arrange one game per week.

+1

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Tyra_Nid wrote:
Saving player markers is literally the best news I've heard all year.

+1
+1000
SO GOOD

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2014 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Allowances will be made for any downtime.
11 games to go.
You can do it.

Jump to: