29 coaches online • Server time: 09:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join a NCAA-themed League?
Yes, yes I would.
42%
 42%  [ 190 ]
No, I doubt it.
11%
 11%  [ 50 ]
I don't know what the NCAA is.
26%
 26%  [ 118 ]
I don't join leagues.
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
I dropped the soap.
4%
 4%  [ 21 ]
Pie!
11%
 11%  [ 49 ]
Other?
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 445

ryanfitz

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

smeat i prefer games like this one with you
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3446531
Very Happy
Smeat

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2014 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, Season 2 v. a team of veteran killers. Up 2-0 several turns through the 2nd Half, but 6 players couldn't hang on to the ball nor stop your vets from rolling to 2 defensive scores in ~6 Turns. Good times.

But that's not the Texas team of today (recent Norse aberration aside). Cool

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Hayati

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2014 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Kentucky Fried Reptiles 1 UN of Illinois Fighting Illini 0

This was an incredible game!

In the first half the Reptiles were kicking but thanks to a Blitz, managed to swarm the short kick before coach Valen even had time to think. From the ensuing melee the football went back and forth until a series of Norse were removed from the field of play by a combination of turnovers blocks and Reptiles blocks. At this point it looked like an easy score for Kentucky, who had the ball right on the Illinois goal line- but pure greed from coach Hayati led to a turnover as he attempted to force a player off the field! Coach Valen promptly sacked the ball carrier, but the bodies were in favor of the Reptiles and they managed to score, even though this required a very difficult ball pick up whilst marked and in the rain.

In the second half Kentucky received the ball but were short several key players. As they tried to form a defensive cage, Illinois started to mark and remove more players- until another bungled block from Corey Liuget led to a turnover and breakaway for the Skinks! Closer to the endzone, and Illinois had managed to mark the ball carrier, who had two choices- dodge out, or Blitz out. Coach Hayati opted for Blitz out, but it didn't matter since snake eyes came up, Napoleon got knocked out and the ball scattered into the eager hands of the Norse!

Now it looked like a certain score for the Norse, who trundled down-field with superior numbers. Right at the death one Norse stood on the goal line with the football, marked by a lone Skink. Another player came up in support, and the plan was a Blitz and score. But, it was not to be! As per the earlier Kentucky attempt, snake eyes again came up and the Blitz failed, and with it the match was lost!

And so it ended 1-0 for Kentucky. Absolutely incredible stuff!

Smeat

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2014 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

1/36 to lose the game - ~and~ he chose not to score Turn 7, stopping short of the goal line intentionally.

Ouchers.

Hayati

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2014 - 05:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
1/36 to lose the game - ~and~ he chose not to score Turn 7, stopping short of the goal line intentionally.

Ouchers.

That is why I NEVER used to mess about blocking before scoring in the late turns, even with a re-roll...every once in a while this will happen, and it really stings!

DrPoods

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2014 - 06:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Gosh!

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 06:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Kentucky Fried Reptiles 1 U Ill Fumbbling Illini 0

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3616102

This game was extremely close...with a moment of absolute magic stealing the win for Kentucky!

The genius happened at the end of the first half, with Kentucky pressuring the U III back field. Star Skink Napoleon had to refute an over-strength Blitz against in coach finster5's turn- which he did, flooring his opponent and commencing the turnover!

Following this he had to pick up the ball in two tackle zones, dodge out of those same two tacklers, and then gfi twice to score (all without a re-roll!).

Said coach Hayati, "This was the most incredible Skink play I ever saw, with only a 0.5% chance of success! Absolutely amazing! Go Napoleon! Woo!"

SmileSmileSmile

Smeat

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hayati wrote:
Smeat wrote:

Ouchers.

That is why I NEVER used to mess about blocking before scoring in the late turns, even with a re-roll...every once in a while this will happen, and it really stings!

But is that 1/36 chance worth not giving your oppo 2 Turns to score? Which has a higher chance? Does the 2=Turn reply score sting any less? Confused

Smeat

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2014 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hayati wrote:
Smeat wrote:

Ouchers.

But is that 1/36 chance worth not giving your oppo 2 Turns to score? Which has a higher chance? Does the 2-Turn reply score sting any less? Confused

Just b/c something goes wrong against all odds, doesn't mean you didn't make the right/smart choice, and should again in the same sitch. Wink

Hayati

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2014 - 06:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Aside from the raw probabilities I am also influenced by the level of pain if it happens...event frequency x severity Smile

DrPoods

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2014 - 07:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hayati wrote:
Aside from the raw probabilities I am also influenced by the level of pain if it happens...event frequency x severity Smile

Try coaching Khemri!

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2014 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

DrPoods wrote:
Hayati wrote:

Try coaching Khemri!

Did Smile

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=coaches&order=&d=0&r=51

DrPoods

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2014 - 08:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh heh. Nice!

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Kentucky Fried Reptiles 3 Army Black Pyramids 0

This was an important game to decide the S20 NonAQ Conference winners. As the scoreline shows, the Pyramids did not show up on the day; despite coach DrPoods's very best efforts, his players did not rise to the occasion, repeatedly failing to perform their allotted tasks.

And so this eventually became a very one-sided affair and a clean win for Kentucky.

We're all hoping that the Pyramids will motivate themselves for next season, and bring their renowned "Pyramid" set-up again to the field to challenge Kentucky for glory and the spoils of battle!

DrPoods

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2014 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

This is being posted in the dressing room.

Only the text will be replaced with the words "Bloody awful".

We'll be back!

Jump to: