60 coaches online • Server time: 21:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cowhead

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2014 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to
On The Grind
Sponsored by Cabalvision

-"I'm Barty Silk."

-"And I'm Thundgrim Ironside."

-"What have we got in store for us tonight Thundgrim."

-"Lets take a look at the Videprinter."

Vercuso Pearls vs Skurvy Buccaneers
Miragliano Red Pox vs Scourge of Sartosa
Vercuso Pearls vs Sartosa Shipwrecks
Vercuso Pearls vs Barrak Varr Ironclads
Unguths Vilesons vs Defender's of Ulthuan
Blighted Marshes Brawlers vs Unguths Vilesons
Black Company of Remas vs Sartosa Shipwrecks
Vercuso Pearls vs Defender's of Ulthuan

-"That's some line up. Who's impressed you so far this morning Thundgrim?"

-"The Ironfist Nomads obviously, but they've only played one game so far. The Scourge of Sartosa have been particularly imprssive as have the Blighted Marsh Brawlers who are continuing their good from last season. And as always the Champions the Sartosa Shipwrecks are showing good form, but they've yet to face some real competition."

-"I have to agree with you there Thundgrim. It's about time the Shipwrecks stepped up their game and played someone like the Pavona Parole Program who held them to a draw last season or even the Blighted Marsh Brawlers."

-"Aye those are some games I would like to see."

-"Who do we have first tonight Thundgrim?"

-"First up are the Elven Vercuso Pearls playing their second game and looking to rebuild their squad after their pounding against the Vilesons. They take on the Skurvy Buccaneers who need a good result after a three game losing streak."

-"The Buccaneers started with a point to prove and quickly run in two touchdowns. The game was beyond the Pearls at this point. The game ended with the Buccaneers running in a third and the Pearls picked up a consolation touchdown. Three one to the Buccaneers."

-"Next up we had the impressive new boys from the North the Scourge of Sartosa against Grind League stalwarts the Miragliano Red Pox hoping for their first win of the campaign. The Red Pox just couldn't get to grips with the game as the Scourge showed their dominance. Final result two one to the Scourge."

-"The Pearls were up again this time against Champs the Shipwrecks. The Pearls had a good first half with some great defence stopping the pirates from scoring. The second half saw the Shipwrecks turn the game around on the Elves. As Pipes secured an early interception and a quick touchdown. Before stealing the ball away again and scoring a second. Two nil to the Shipwrecks."

-"The Pearls played yet again, I guess they need the money or something. This time it was against my Dwarven brothers the Barrak Varr Ironclads, who are looking for the first win in Grind. The Elves made a better show of themselves here securing a two one victory, but it came at a cost as two more Elves bit the dust. I'm sure Captain Tuhren of the Ironclads will take those kills as a victory of sorts, I know I would. There's no sweeter sight than the blood of an Elf, so my old Grand pappy used to tell me."

-"Next we have two games from Unguths Vilesons. Their first opponents are a new Elf team just arrived from the West, the Defender's of Ulthuan. The Vilesons played in their usual aggressive style and added another dead Elf their tally and Thundgrims pleasure."

-"It was a nice hit, just a shame it was a greenskin who did hit."

-"Unfortunately for the Vilesons they were unable to contain the Elves who put two past them. But the team are slowly improving with Kronk Strong looking particularly good. Final score two one to the Defender's"

-"They faced the ever impressive Blighted Marshes Brawlers next led by the ferocious Rirkz the Claw. Rirkz seems to be taking a back seat to the rest of the team at the moment and it seems to be paying off."

-"It sure does Thundgrim and boy those rats are sure on fire, running four touchdowns past the Vilesons. Morbag scoring three more touchdowns to his name although he was hit hard late in the game suffering a slight injury that will see him miss the next game."

-"The Vilesons tried their best to hurt the Brawlers but they didn't really cause any lasting damage. The game ended four nil to the Brawlers."

-"Next up saw the Sartosa Shipwrecks facing another of our new boys the Black Company of Remas. I'm beginning to think Captain Neri is avoiding playing any of the old guard."

-"Aye, they really need to start facing tougher opposition and show us the reason they become Grind champions two years running."

-"The Shipwrecks ran in three touchdowns against the Black Company who just didn't have the players or the skillset to contain them. Final score three nil."

-"A couple of Elven teams squared of next as the Vercuso Pearls took on the Defender's of Ulthuan. The Defenders came out on top in this game which saw yet another Elven body added to the ever increasing list."

-"The Pearls just can't catch a break when it comes to their Blitzers. One dead and one injured and that after only just replacing one last match. The game ended two one to the Defenders who seem to improving after only two games. It looks like they could be a team to watch out for I the future."

-"If they can survive that long Barty. Well that's all we've got time for on tonight's show, join us again next time."

-"I've been Barty Silk."

-"And I've been Thundgrim Ironside"

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2014 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to
On The Grind
Sponsored by Cabalvision

-"I'm Barty Silk."

-"And I'm Thundgrim Ironside."

-"Lets dive straight in shall."

-"Here's what's in store for us tonight."

Skurvy Buccaneers vs Scourge of Sartosa
Tobaro City Guard vs Blighted Marshes Brawlers
Mora Pro Asur vs Black Company of Remas
Pavona Parole Program vs Black Company of Remas
Vercuso Pearls vs Tobaro Catacomb Prowlers
Miragliano Madratters vs Scourge of Sartosa
Miragliano Madratters vs Ulthuan Debt Collectors
Wraog Warg Warriorz vs Unguths Vilesons
Wraog Warg Warriorz vs Vercuso Pearls
Blighted Marshes Brawlers vs Wraog Warg Warriorz
Miragliano Madratters vs Unguths Vilesons
Unguths Vilesons vs Tobaro Catacomb Prowlers
Sartosa Shipwrecks vs Scourge of Sartosa

-"First up we have the Skurvy Buccaneers playing there sixth game of the campaign against the Scourge of Sartosa who have yet to face defeat. The game opened with a mistake by the Buccaneers allowing the Scourge to steal the ball and score before you could blink."

-"What were they thinking, I think they must have had some bad Warpstone before the game, Barty."

-"The game carried on that way with the Scourge putting three past the Buccaneers. It wasn't until towards the end of the game when Rat Ogre Fluxiflesh the Corrupted finally lost his temper and put three of the Scourge into the Injury box."

-"That Rat Ogre looks to be one to watch, Barty."

-"I would have to agree with you Thundgrim. But the coach of the Buccaneers obviously knows something we don't and has since released Fluxiflesh and replaced him with a new Rat Ogre."

-"What? Is that coach crazy? Definitely been on the Warpstone if you ask me. Final score three nil to the Scourge"

-"Next up we have old guard Tobaro City Guard in a rare outing against the Blighted Marshes Brawlers playing their fifth game of the off season."

-"The Brawlers started well but things quickly deteriorated for them, as most of their team were knocked off of the pitch. The Guards star player Leo Vassallo got the only two touchdowns of the game, two nil to the Guard."

-"Look who's back Thundgrim."

-"Who's that Barty."

-"Mora Pro Asur and they took on the Black Company of Remas in a thrilling game. The Black Company couldn't contain the Elves in the end as the elves dished out a beating for a change. The game ended two one to Mora pro Asur with the excellent Elf Catcher Theras scoring both touchdowns for the Elves."

-"The Black Company took to the field again straight after that, I guess they wanted to wash off the shame of that elven beating Barty."

-"It wasn't that bad of a beating Thundgrim."

-"Any kind of beating at the hands of Elves is shameful if you ask me. Anyway onto the game and this time they faced old boys the Pavona Parole Program. And boy what a game it was. The Black Company made a better showing of themselves here holding the Parolees to a two all draw. There was some controversy as Parolee Blitzer Grassi was hit by the second rock of his career leaving him hospitalized yet again."

-"The crowd sure don't like him, but then he's a criminal what do you expect."

-"The Vecurso Pearls faced off against the Skaven Tobaro Catacomb Prowlers in what I thought would bring us a goal fest. But it ended a pretty lacklustre affair with the Elves showing dominance and takng home the victory. Two one to the Pearls."

-"Prowler blitzer Himmolet the Maimer finally lived up to his name sending a couple of Elves to the injury box. Although there was no lasting damage to either player."

-"Which is a shame if you ask me as my Grand Pappy always used to say there's..."

-"There's no sweeter sight than the blood of an Elf."

-"Erm, yes. I guess you've heard that one time too many over the years Barty. Next up is one of my favourites the Scourge of Sartosa taking on the Miragliano Madratters. Some early mistakes from the Scourge cost them a first half touchdown which in turn cost them the game. As the Ratters managed to score the only touchdown of the game. Some consolation could be taken from the game as the life of Ratter Blitzer Cavallini was cut short not long before the final whistle. One nil to the ratters."

-"The Scourge will be disappointed with themselves after that game. The Ratters played again quickly after that, trying to use the confidence from that win. This time they faced the Elven Ulthuan Debt Collectors playing their second Grind game. The game was pretty drab affair both teams scored a touchdown with the game ending one all and no injuries were suffered by either team."

-"The Debt Collectors have yet to suffer an injury yet Barty. There's something wrong with that if you ask me."

-"I'm sure it wont be long until they do Thundgrim."

-"They better had or my Grand Pappy wont be very happy."

-"Next we have rookie Orc team Wraog Warg Warriorz playing three games on the trot. First up is veteran Orcs Unguths Vilesons initiating their brethren into the league. I guess there must be some bad blood there as the Vilesons went tribal on the Warriorz. killing two and injuring another, Wraog himself was one of the unfortunate deaths."

-"Unfortunate deaths? He's an Orc and all Orc deaths should be celebrated and praised even if by another greenskin."

-"The final score ended two one to the Vilesons, but I think that was just a bonus after the death of the rival clans leader."

-"With Wraog'zon, Wraogs son taking charge the Warriorz faced off against Elven Vercuso Pearls. The Warriorz had a better time here wrecking a little carnage on the Elves. It wasn't enough to contain the faster team and the game ended two all. Wraog'zon improved straight after the game."

-"He looks like he could be a better leader for the Warriorz than his father ever was."

-"They faced the Blighted Marshes Brawlers next and the Grind Stalwarts didn't disappoint as they put three past the Warriorz. I don't think the Warriorz can be too disappointed with their performance as by the end of the game half the Skaven team were healing in the injury box. Just a shame there was no lasting damage to any of those rats."

-"I've never noticed how full of hatred you are Thundgrim."

-"Me? I'm full of love. Except if your skin be green, furry or you have pointed ears."

-"Unguths Vilesons played another couple of games next. Seems the Orcs are out in force today. First up they faced the Madratters in a pretty dominant display from the Vilesons. I guess the win over the Warriorz gave the team a real confidence boost. The Ratters just couldn't get into the game as the Orcs led by Stronga Danyu knocked them about the pitch. The game ended two nil to the Vilesons."

-"Next up they faced off against the Tobaro Catacomb Prowlers. I'm not sure what happened to the Vilesons here. I guess they might have tired themselves out. The Prowlers ran all over them, putting three touchdowns past them and three injured. Bonemeal Sinista lifeless corpse was left rotting in the Vilesons injury box after the game. Three nil to the Prowlers."

-"The last game of the program was the one every one was waiting for the uber violent Scourge of Sartosa against Grind Champions the Sartosa Shipwrecks. Things started bad for the Shipwrecks as Captain Neri sent a pass into no mans land. But luckily for him and his crew a slippery pitch led to the Scourge dropping the ball. It was easy enough for Pipes guided by his teammates to score the first touchdown. The start of the second half saw the Scourge fall apart straight of the bat. The Shipwrecks took advantage of this and Pipes scored the second and final touchdown of the game. Two nil to the Shipwrecks."

-"The Scourge couldn't even cause any lasting damage to the Shipwrecks, to most of the leagues disappointment."

-"Well that's all we've got time for folks. I've been Barty Silk."

-"And I've been Thundgrim Ironside."

Last edited by cowhead on Oct 20, 2014 - 11:41; edited 2 times in total
cowhead

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2014 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Yohoho!!!

Th' Shipwrecks face of against tough opposition fer a change. Not tough enough it seems.

A bad start saw Calypso correct things fer th' Shipwrecks as water be pourin' ont' th' pitch t' make it slippery fer th' Scourge o' Sartosa. Pipes be on form today as always. Scorin' two 'n knockin' th' ball free.

Many be sayin' th' Scourge o' Sartosa be a dangerous violent opponent, but they be kittens if ye be askin' me.

Although Sergio be takin' a knock that be seein' him miss our next game. 'n Lazarus had t' be treated by th' ships surgeon after a particularly brutal hit. But in th' end we all be back t' fight another day.

So it's a yohoho 'n away we go.
T' th' tavern fer a wench 'n th' wind she blows.
It's a yohoho 'n a pirates stench.
Got th' wind at me back 'n away she goes.

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The Truth
Episode 2

-"I'm Mignus Mignusson and welcome to another episode of The Truth.

Joining me in the studio today we have Parolee Giuliano Grassi.

Giuliano Grassi plays as a Blitzer for the Pavona Parole Program the brutal Grind team made up of dangerous criminals.

Giuliano has twice now been the target of projectiles thrown onto the pitch during games. Both of which have left him with serious debilitating injuries.

The first of these assaults occurred during the first game of Grind Season two against the Galloping Gunners of Bronzio. Giuliano was left with a serious back problem that still causes him pain today.

The second assault occurred last night during the Parolees last match against the Black Company of Remas. Giulano has come straight from the apothecaries after some emergency surgery on his hip. The apothecary said he will never walk the same again.

Were these two vicious attacks coincidence or is it something more sinister. Tonight we hope to shed some light on this.

Thank you for joining us Giuliano, how are you feeling today?"

-"Angry, mostly. We were in a great position to take the match, but with the ref sending a couple off and my injury the team couldn't cope to the end.

Sore also. Can't move my legs properly at the moment, but I'll live. I'm hoping to be propped up on the line again for the start of the season."

-"Now your story is an interesting one.

We'll start with the crowd violence towards you.

Do you think you are being targeted or was it just a bad coincidence?"

-"Well, I think and hope it's opposition fans targeting me for the pivotal role I play on the PPP front line. I'm quite hard to shift when I'm on my game and at 2-0 down the Black Company needed the help.

That said, most of us have a dark past and mine's darker than most. I suppose it's possible someone has taken a personal dislike to me. If the coward that did it wants to own up and face me I'll gladly smash his teeth in, even without me legs."

-"It's interesting that you bring up your past as I've being doing some digging.

You've been serving out a long sentence in the Pavona Penitentiary until the Parole Program took control of your sentence.

You had a violent upbringing on the streets of Pavona and spent much of your youth in and out of it's prison cells.

The crime you're currently serving time for like all of your team mates was violent to say the least, but you've always claimed your innocence. But a consistent offender such as yourself, made it easy to put you away for it.

In the report I read, you said that you had suffered a blackout and woke to find yourself soaked in blood and the murder weapon in your hand.

Your friends at the time said that you were trying to turn things around in your life. Play it straight and had just started a new job protecting caravans. You had a new lady friend who sticks by you to this day.

But I've been looking into your arrest and there are some irregularities.

I don't know if you know this, but the victim of your crime was all set to take the reigns of the Tilean Blood Bowl Committee. And was in the process of arranging a vote that would see more money going to the Players and less to the governing body.

What was you doing in the noble quarter of Pavona when you've never had reason to visit there before?

What was the reason behind the brutal bludgeoning of a man you claim to have never met before?

My belief is that you were framed by the vile Lord Borgia in his play to take control of the TBBC.

You were either drugged and left for all to be found. Because who would believe a petty criminal like yourself to be innocent.

Or maybe you were spelled by a the vile magician behind all of Lord Borgia's dirty work. Who took control of our mind and forced you to commit those unspeakable acts.

And they now wish to silence you for good in case any memory of what happened that eventful night come back to you.

Or maybe you were complicit in the crime and your inclusion in the Parole Program has caused some of the truth about your crime come to light.

And you are now being targeted by the Lord Borgia and the TGC to make sure you keep your silence.

What do you have to say to these revelations?"

-"Well, that's quite a story you have yourself there Mr. Mignusson. Yeah, maybe that's it. It certainly sounds believable. Can you be my Lawyer?
(jokingly)

(Giuliao then moves to lead Mignus off the scent)
But in truth, you have let an agenda fog your view. I blacked out. I've suffered from it before. Hours of my memory lost. Yes, I've been a hired hand in the past, and yes during some of the more sketchy jobs I was prone to beating people but this weighed too heavily in the evidence against me.

Anyone seeking my silence on anything needn't bother with rocks. Gold is plenty good enough. Assassins are unreliable and prone to accidentally falling out of my upstairs bedroom window.

(note that Giuliano's long-standing girlfriend lives in a bigger house than any of his team-mates' wives. It's also recently undergone some new building work)

-"I see.

I hope like you say that it is just opposition fans targeting you. And I understand criminals like you have a code and you would not likely tell me if something untoward was taking place. But I suggest you watch your back, because men like Lord Borgia have no code and the only thing they believe in is gold, and the amassing of it.

I'm afraid that's all we've got time for this evening.

Is there anything you would like to say to your supporters or the oppositions fans while you are here?"

-"I'd just like to thank the parole service and the Grind league authorities; it's a lot more fun than yard time.

And to whoever the coward is throwing those rocks - come at me next time bro. Be ye Orc or Dwarf I'll break your spine and then we'll see how well you throw ye craven bastard.

Thanks to the loyal fans; I hope we can deliver some big wins this year"

-"Well there you have it folks.

What do you think happened during those fateful games?

Is it a conspiracy?

Or just bad luck?

I've been Mignus Mignusson and the Truth is out there.

Until next time, fair citizens of Tilea."

Roll End Credits with funky retro soundtrack

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2014 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

TGC member Cuthbert Allgood the Lord of Cheese has started the first ever Grind Adoption team.

He is looking for respected members of the Grind league to Godfather the players on the team.

'Grind' is coming to the Box.

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2014 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to
On The Grind
Sponsored by Cabalvision

B -"I'm Barty Silk."

T -"And I'm Thundgrim Ironside."

B -"Lets take a look at what we have in store for us tonight."

Castello Cabolleros vs Barrak Varr Ironclads
Barrak Varr Ironclads vs Pavona Unlawfuls
Vercuso Pearls vs Scourge of Sartosa
Blighted Marshes Brawlers vs Arctic Analphabets
Arctic Analphabets vs Vercuso Pearls
Alessandria Titans vs Barrak Varr Ironclads
Pavona Unlawfuls vs Alessandria Titans
Miragliano Madratters vs Miragliano Red Pox
Vercuso Pearls vs Blighted Marshes Brawlers
Blighted Marshes Brawlers vs Pavona Parole Program

T -"That's some line up Barty."

B -"It sure is. First up we have the Cabelleros vs the Ironclads."

T -"The Ironclads put in a solid performance here completely shutting out the Cacelleros. The blockers on the front line showed how a defensive line should work. One nil to the Ironclads."

B -"The Cabelleros can't be happy with their performance in that game Thundgrim. Next up the Ironclads took to the field again this time against the Unlawfuls playing their second ever Grind game."

T -"My kin didn't fair so well this game. They never really got going not sure if it they were still drunk from their victory over the Cabelleros but nothing was working for them. The Unlawfuls Cavalcante Rigoberti put in a show stealing performance as he scored the only two touchdowns of the game. Two nil to the Unlawfuls."

B -"Next up we have the Pearls vs the Scourge. The Scourge come into this game frothing at the mouth after two consecutive losses. And the Pearls come into this game after a brutal run of four games which saw three of their players bite the dust and another three hospitalized."

T -"This game should have been a blood bath Barty. But it was not to be. My Grand Pappy was pulling his beard out as the Pearls did an amazing job of staying out of harms way to steal the victory. Final result two one to the Pearls."

B -"Next up with a new team to the League. Fresh of the boat we have the Arctic Analphabets facing of against the Brawlers led by the impressive Rirkz the Claw."

T -"The Analphabets didn't really stand a chance against such a veteran team, but they but they put in a good performance. They managed to score a touchdown and held the Brawlers up well only allowing them to score two themselves. Final result two one to the Brawlers."

B -"The Analphabets played again straight after that this time they took on the Pearls who were brimming with confidence after their victory over the Scourge."

T -"Aye they look to have hit their stride now Barty."

B -"The Pearls took the game to the Analphabets with the emerging star catcher Uthaestor putting in another fine show. He looks like a player to watch, his speed is unbelievable. Final score three one to the pearls."

T -"Another new team now, the Alessandria Titans take on the Ironclads who have hopefully rested up now after the disastrous performance against the Unlawfuls."

B -"The Ironclads showed of their blocking power in this game but it wasn't enough as the Titans showed some grit and determination as they held the Ironclads to a one all draw."

T -"The Titans played again straight after that this time against the Unlawfuls. The Unlawfuls proved too good for the Titans in the end putting in a good alround performance. Two nil to the Unlawfuls."

B -"The Unlawfuls are looking good out there Thundgrim and they have yet to lose a game."

T -"It's still early days for them Barty but I'll be keeping my good eye on them."

B -"What a game we have next in the first Miragliano derby game. The Madratters take on the Red Pox."

T -"Wow what a game indeed. The Red pox really went to town on the Madratters. The Ratters got in a good few hits themselves but they were overran by a marvellous performance by the whole of the Red Pox team. As they suffered four casualties and let in five touchdowns. It seemed like the players were taking turns to run them in. Final score was five one to the Red Pox."

B -"Next up the Pearls take on the Brawlers in a fast paced game. Rirkz the Claw finally showed us the hitting power that made him last seasons number one blocker as he took out a couple of elves. But it wasn't enough to stop the Pearls securing their third straight victory. Three two to the Pearls."

T -"They've gone five games unbeaten and five games without losing a player now Barty. It looks like they've finally recovered from their brutal introduction to Grind."

B -"It certainly does Thundgrim. If they continue to put in performances like this they could be a team to look out for."

T -"The Brawlers take part in our final game of our show tonight against the Parole Program. Hoping to make up for their defeat to the Pearls. The Parolees won the blocking game but they couldn't contain the Brawlers speed in this back and forth game. Final score three two to the Brawlers."

B -"It's been an exciting off season so far Thundgrim."

T -"You can say that again Barty."

B -"Well that's all we've got time for folks. I've been Barty Silk."

T -"And I've been Thundgrim Ironside."

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to
On The Grind - The CAS Special
Sponsored by Cabalvision

B -"I'm Barty Silk."

B -"Tonight is all about The CAS."

T -"That's right Barty and what a tournament it's been so far."

B -"But before we get started on that we'd like to bring you a report on this game."

Ironfist's Nomads vs Alessandria Titans

T -"I wish you wouldn't Barty. That game is better left forgotten."

B -"I wish I could Thundgrim but it would cost me my job, you remember what happened to Mignusson and Butterbean before that."

T -"Aye, poor old Butterbean. His blood stains have yet to be washed off of the walls."

B -"Anyway back to the game, this game looked like a sure fire win for the Nomads. They were coming into this game on the back of a three game winning streak the last being their brutal destruction of the Cabolleros."

T -"Aye, it was a sight to behold."

B -"The Titans were yet to win a game but what was about to happen could not have been predicted."

T -"My poor Dwarven brothers."

B -"Yes indeed, poor Dwarves. The game started fine for the Dwarves but then something strange started to happen as the Titans started hitting like... erm, Titans. Dwarf after Dwarf were crushed beneath the Titans mighty blows. The great Carzy Olek was the worst hit as his life was knocked out of him."

T -"May he always be remembered. He was such a special player, he had so much more to give and so many more lives to take away."

B -"At least he died the way he wanted to on the pitch."

T -"Aye, at least he has that."

B -"Pull yourself together, we've got a show to do."

T -"Err, yes sorry about that sport fans. Where were we?"

B -"The Nomads were taking a beating at the hands of the Titans. The final score of the game was one nil to the Titans but it could have been more if not for some showboating at the end of the first half."

T -"Ok, enough of that. On to our main focus for tonight's show The CAS."

B -"Let's see how the teams line up."

Mora Pro Asur vs Miragliano Madratters
Scourge of Sartosa vs Barrak Varr Ironclads
Ironfist's Nomads vs White Moon Waaagh
Black Company of Remas vs Castello Cabolleros

T -"First up we have Black Company taking on the Cabolleros. Both of these teams come into this game in the midst of a bad streak. Black Company are still trying to recover the form they started their career with and the Cabolleros have finally recovered from all the poundings they keep taking."

B -"It was a pretty thrilling game, The Black Company scored early and were able to capitalize on a mistake by the Cabolleros to go in two nil up at half time. But the Skaven came back fast in the second half scoring before you could blink. A mistake by the Black Company left an opening for the Cabolleros to steal the ball away but some bad blocking let them down. The Black Company recovered and ran the ball in to finish the game. Final score three one, the Black Company of Remas advance to the semi finals."

T -"Next up we have my poor beaten up brothers the Nomads facing off against a new team of Orcs the White Moon Waaagh."

B -"Not much is known about these newcomers, they seem a bloodthirsty lot from what I can gather."

T -"The Nomads should have been given more time to recover before the game if you ask me. But anyway on to the game. The Nomads received and the ball landed deep leaving Harok alone in the backfield. The Orcs used their strength to tie up the Dwarves and sent a Blitzer behind the defensive line. The Nomads tried to make space down one of the flanks with Harok trying a pass to an unmarked player. But the Orc Blitzer read the play and stole the ball out of the air and running the ball in for an early touchdown."

B -"He's more agile than he looks."

T -"Aye, the Nomads regrouped and looked to turn things around. They had a better drive this time round taking out an Orc Blitzer before scoring an equalizer at the end of the first half. The second half saw a completely different game as both teams seemed to forget about the ball and have a massive battle near the middle of the pitch. With time running down it looked like overtime beckoned. But somehow a Black Orc managed to dodge free from a Dwarf, scoop up the loose ball and throw a pass into the waiting arms of an Orc Blitzer waiting in the endzone."

B -"He must have some Elf blood in him that one."

T -"Yeah, I think he must have ate one at half time. Final score two one to the White Moon Waaagh who will face the Black Company in the next round."

B -"Next up we have some more of your Dwarven kin the Ironclads and they take on the Scourge of Sartosa. The game started well for the Scourge as they broke down the dwarven flank and managed to stall with the ball near the endzone for a couple of turns. The Ironclads finally started to get their act together and put some pressure on the ball carrier but it was all in vain as the Scourge ran the ball in. The second half saw the ball land on the Dwarven runners face sending him to casualty box."

T -"Hahaha, those spiked balls can be a bit tricky to handle Barty."

B -"He's your kin and yet you laugh at him, he could have been killed?"

T -"Hahaha, if he can't catch a ball he deserves all he gets."

B -"Hmmm, if you say so. Back to the game, that injury really set the Dwarves back and it allowed the Scourge to get in behind them and score their second of the game. At this point the Ironclads gave up on the ball and tried to do some damage to the Scourge. This allowed them to concede a third touchdown. Final score three nil, the Scourge go through to the Semi finals."

T -"It wasn't my brother Dwarves tournament it seems. Next up was the Madratters vs Mora Pro Ashur. I'm sure I was at the game but my memory seems a bit fuzzy here."

B -"Yes I'm sure you're right. I can remember the game starting but it gets a bit fuzzy towards the end of the match. Like some sort of mystical spell wiped the game from existence."

T -"Anyway Mora Pro Ashur are through to face off against the Scourge of Sartosa."

B -"Next up we have the Semi Final matches lets take a look at how they line up."

Mora Pro Asur vs Scourge of Sartosa
White Moon Waaagh vs Black Company of Remas

T -"First up was the White Moon vs the Black Company. This game ended up pretty one sided. The White Moon couldn't put a foot wrong all game as they systematically removed player after player from the pitch. Whereas the Black Company couldn't do no right as they failed block after block. It was pretty easy two nil victory to the White moon Waaagh who advance to the final."

B -"In the other semi we have Mora Pro vs the Scourge. The first half was a pretty exciting affair with both teams getting on the score sheet. But it was the Scourge who lost out in the end as their blocking game was way off. They could only seem to push the Elves around the pitch and the elves took advantage of this big time. It didn't help the Scourge that the Elves were hitting well. The Scourge tried their best to stop the Elven advance but it wasn't to be. Final score two one to Mora Pro Ashur who go on to face White Moon Waaagh in the final."

T -"It's been quite a tournament so far Barty."

B -"That it has Thundgrim, I look forward to final. Rumours have it that it will be played next Wednesday evening so make sure you're around to watch it. That's all for tonight folks. I've been Barty Silk."

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

WANTED!

Drog Boltslayer

Preferably dead.

For killing Samuele Francese and injuring our ogre Orso.

TCG will have a silent minute next game to honor our great leader.
A new officer from Tobaro has been hired to take his place.
Valen

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

What a ridiculous wanted poster, after our Drog got 3 of those treacerous hummies off the field last game out he should be revered not wanted, silly hummies.

People should look at our win loss record before taking us on, we are here too maim and destroy not play nice, step in our way and you will be crushed, if you don't believe me ask that silly dodging Ogre from the Guards.

Tuhren Quartztracker
Captain of the Barrak Varr Ironclads
cowhead

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to
On The Grind
Sponsored by Cabalvision

B -"I'm Barty Silk."

B -"We have had a lull in the action recently, but never fear Thundgrim and I are here to bring you all action."

T -"That's right Barty and tonight we have some great games and we'll be wrapping up tonights show with the CAS final."

B -"That we do lets have a look at who played who."

Miragliano Madratters vs Black Company of Remas
Barrak Varr Ironclads vs Tobaro City Guard
Tobaro Catacomb Prowlers vs Xtreme Ducks
Vercuso Pearls vs Black Company of Remas
Alessandria Titans vs Xtreme Ducks
Xtreme Ducks vs Barrak Varr Ironclads

T -"First up we have the Madratters playing for the first time since that five one loss to the Red Pox. And they're playing against the Black Company who have just come from their Semi Final loss in the CAS."

B -"And what a game it was for the Black Company. They set out with a point to prove here."

T -"And prove it they did led by ever impressive Thrower Brett. Final score three one to the Black Company."

B -"Next up we have the Ironclads coming into this after their disappointing run in the CAS. They squared off against The Tobaro City Guard in a rare outing for the team."

T -"Boy did this game deliver. The Dwarves started well with Drog Boltslayer injuring the impressive Ogre Orso Smaldone and killing Samuele Francese the City Guards Chief. I'll be sending him a crate of Bugmans after the show."

B -"Shame he couldn't spur the rest of the Ironclads on as the City Guard showed their class and put two past the Dwarves. Two nil the City Guard."

T -"Erm well, yes. Anyway onto our next game. Another team out of Tobaro, but this team come from beneath the cities streets."

B -"Ah yes, the Catacomb Prowlers."

T -"That's right Barty. And they face new boys Xtreme Ducks."

B -"Xtreme Ducks? That's an odd name. Where do they hail from?"

T -"Not sure Barty but if this result is anything to go on they probably don't want us to know."

B -"Yes it wasn't the best of results for them. But then again the Prowlers are pretty experienced team. And Azhak the Unbreakable was in pretty spectacular form this evening."

T -"At least the Ducks managed to get a consolation touchdown in this pretty one sided affair. Four one victory to the Prowlers."

B -"Next up we have the Pearls vs the Black Company. The Black Company could never really get anything going in this game as they were outmanoeuvred by the excellent Pearls."

T -"I'll say this about those Elves they can really move. Shame the Black Company couldn't hurt any of them."

B -"The Pearls are turning into a really great team now. Final score four one to the Pearls."

T -"We have the Titans up against the Ducks now. And the Ducks are beginning to show some promise now as they brought the pain down on the Titans. Killing two and hurting another two."

B -"Thrower Ben Roethlisberger is looking to be a promising player. Unfortunately for the Ducks they were unable to take advantage as the Titans led by another impressive thrower Jerry "Rev" Harris spurred his team on to victory. Two one to the Titans."

T -"The Ducks took to the field again straight after that. This time against the Ironclads."

B -"Looks like Xtreme are taking to Grind like it's water."

T -"Excuse me?"

B -"Xtreme Ducks, Ducks to water."

T -"Ok then, onto the game and the Ironclads are still searching for their second win. And it didn't come today as nothing was really going their way. Well done to the Ducks who were the better team. Two nil to the ducks."

B -"That was a great run of games there Thundgrim."

T -"It sure was Barty. But now on to our main event. The CAS Final."

Mora Pro Asur vs White Moon Waaagh

B -"And what a final it was. Well for one team anyway."

T -"Aye. You can say that again Barty. I don't know what those White Moon Orcs have been eating but they play and hit hard. Mora Pro Asur really didn't know what hit them."

B -"I think their was only two Elves left on the field by the end of the game."

T -"Aye, and it was a beautiful site to see. Just a shame the Elves couldn't spill any Greenskin blood."

B -"Final result was two nil to the White Moon Waaagh. Who have been crowned Winners of the CAS."

T -"Well congratulations to the White Moon and that's all we've got time for tonight."

B -"I've been Barty Silk."

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2014 - 12:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

At a large ceremony in Remas this afternoon, surrounded my much pomp and arrogance, Lord Borgia of the TGC personally gave out the prizes at the Cabalvision Amateur Shied awards ceremony.

Scooping the coveted Player of the Tournament award was Theras of Mora Pro Asur. He received along with the purse of 20,000 gold crowns a brand new, state of the art flat-screen crystal ball.

The MVP for the final was Niblit who received 10,000 crowns and the latest Cart Rover Sport with lowered axles, the latest 3 spoke mahoganys, and a flag pole.

For tournament winners White Moon Waaagh Chief Bada Bigboom picked up the tournament purse of 200,000 crowns, a year long contract with Cabalvision's own Cheer Squad and of course the much sought after Amateur Shield

Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2014 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Enrico: Welcome back Orso! feeling better?
Orso: yeah, that little dorf hit me hard, but now I feel good again. Btw, have you noticed Bonaventura acting weird lately?
Enrico: hmm, you're right, he's been overactive. And he has been praying a lot with his weird books. Do you think he's up to something?
Orso: Well, I've seen him buy shrooms in town when we were out drinking...
Enrico: Oh dear. I guess I have to keep an eye on him.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Dimrond Ironfist: "Is it set for tonight?!"

Gorazin Grundisson: "Yes, Captain, it is. We'll meet the Titans and the game will kick off at nine o'clock."

Dimrond Ironfist: "Very well! Tonight we'll have our revenge!"

Kazador Broksson: "I'll smash those humans with bare hands! I'll crack their skulls just like that!! For Orek!!!"

Eleven Nomads: "For Orek!!!!"

Last edited by Rabe on Dec 15, 2014 - 10:36; edited 1 time in total
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach Boone: hey Yoast! Apparently those tiny bearded ones want to play us again!

Coach Yoast: whatever

Coach Boone: if we are going to play them again we'll need to bring some toys

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2014 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The Truth
Episode 3

-"Are we on?

I'm Mignus Mignusson and welcome to another episode of 'The Truth'.

What three words do you think of when you here these three letters TGC.

Let me tell you Total Incompetance, Greed and Corruption.

And they have been at it again.

Tonights episode will bring to light 'The Truth' about the TGCs incompetence as we bring you a special episode live from the Sussiro Wood. In the deepest South of Tilea, the Principality of Luccini."

The sound of drums and what sounds like partying can be heard in the background.

-"We are here to interview Niblit Whitewart of the White Moon Clan, who was 'mistakenly' robbed of the Player of the Tournament prize in this years CAS. Which included a large prize fund of 20,00 gold crowns and a brand new, state of the art flat-screen crystal ball.

Niblit you gave many great performances in the tournament you must be disappointed not to be recognized as the Player of the Tournament."

-"Da Big Chief tellz da ladz weez can go an urtz dem Umanz."

-"Yes it is a violent game, but what everyone wants to know is how you feel about the TGCs incompetence?"

-"Niblit feelz gud, Niblit likz ta urtz dem Umanz."

-"But what about the Trophy and the prizes?"

-"Da Big Chief iz appy wiv da ladz, weez bin avin da big feast fer dayz."

On the far side of camp a large Troll can be seen setting down a large cauldron and lighting a fire beneath it.

-"Mignus I think we better get out of here, I don't like the look of that big pot over there. Or the way that Troll is looking at us."

-"What don't be silly lad, keep the camera on us. Ok, here's the big chief himself maybe he can answer some questions. Chief Bada Bigboom what are your feelings on the TGC and the way they have cheated one of your players?"

-"Da Lord Borgia sitz wiv da Clan an weez av da big am-a-tu-er shield. Weez rite appy."

-"Yes, you won the Amateur Shield, but your player should have won the Player of the Tournament. Don't you feel cheated at all?"

-"Dat rite weez av da chee-tah an weez feed um ta dem Squigs. Dey eatz da Lionz an Tigas, dey eatz em allz."

-"No I thin you misunderstand me, what I mean to say is...."

-"Mignus we should be going right now. The Orcs have started some weird dance and are coming this way."

-"Maybe you're right. And it doesn't look like we're going to get anything out of these morons anyw..."

A spear flies past the head of Mignus Mignusson. And another flies into the chest of the Cameraman. The camera spills from his hand and points into the darkness of the woods.

"Woah, RUN!!! Run for it, they're throwing spears. Augustus? Augustus? They got Augustus. Keep running don't look ba..."

You see Mignus and his crew running into the woods with spears whizzing past them before a face of a large Troll looms into shot and the screen cuts to black.

Roll End Credits with funky retro soundtrack