20 coaches online • Server time: 03:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2014 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I've always been fond of Dungeonbowl, but its teams are now no more up to date (it was latest updated for LRB4), so I tried to fix them for LRB6/CRP. I'm sharing them to get some feedback and to see if someone has better ideas, let me know!
About Dungeonbowl original rules: I can't find an up-to-date working link, I've downloaded them long long time ago...

Positionals limitation:
The LRB4 dungeonbowl followed race roster with an additional limitation to the total of players: any team couldn't buy more than 0-16 linemen, 0-2 Blitzers, 0-4 Blockers, 0-4 Catchers and 0-2 Throwers from its races. Any special player was limited to 0-2. Since Big Guys came from separated teams, it was easy to limit them to 0-2 by using them as 3rd race.
My modifications:
Blockers definition: any non-lineman (i.e. Dwarves don't get only 0-4 Longbeards, now called Blockers..) player with "Blocker" in his name and/or ST4, except for Vampire players. This boosts Sauri up to 4, limiting Chaos and Nurgle warriors to 4 in total.
Catchers: they become 0-4 Cachers/Runner, thus including more players who get their availability boosted up to 4.
Throwers, Special, Blitzers: same as before
Big Guys: a new cathegory to limit Big Guys, now that they're included into team rosters. Any team may have no more than 2 players with Loner and/or ST6 (otherwise teams with Halflings..). Deathrollers aren't allowed because of the low ceiling and their polluting attitude (note that there's only one drive played, so it would never go out).

Old Teams:
Light Wizards: Dwarf, Halfling, Norse
Golden Wizards: Orc, Chaos Dwarf, Ogre
Jade Wizards: Goblin, Orc, Troll
Celestial Wizards: High E., Wood E., Treemen
Grey Wizards: Human, Chaos, Ogre
Amethist Wizards: Skaven, Goblin, Minotaur
Bright Wizards: Dwarf, Human, Norse
Amber Wizards: Dark E., Orc, Skaven
Rainbow Wizards: Wood E., Halfling, Human
Dark Wizards: Undead, Dark E., Troll

Modified Teams

Light Wizards: Dwarf, Halfling, Norse
Golden Wizards: Orc, Chaos Dwarf, Ogre
Jade Wizards: Goblin, Orc, Ogre
Celestial Wizards: High E., Wood E., Elf
Grey Wizards: Pact, Chaos, Nurgle
Amethist Wizards: Skaven, Goblin, Underworld
Bright Wizards: Dwarf, Human, Norse
Amber Wizards: Dark E., Vampire, Elf
Rainbow Wizards: Wood E., Halfling, Human
Dark Wizards: Undead, Necro, Khemri
Green Wizards: Lizardmen, Amazon, Slann

Most changes are just to make suitable alliances between races, trying to avoid putting evil together with good ones, or elves together with skavens and orcs as it was for previous Amber teams... Norse and Elves were considered neutral, being possible allies both for evil and good teams. Other changes were there to put all 24 teams into it, as for the brand new Green Wizards that are there to give Lustria a chance Wink

Now... let me know if this makes sense to you!
Kam

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2014 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The LRB5 rule set (and more) can be found here: http://www.thenaf.net/blood-bowl/variants/

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

That was a lot of fun variants! I especially liked the Deathroller racing and Rat Ogre bowl. Does anybody knows if these variants are available for online play anywhere?
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the new race lists, just need to play them now. Skijunkie did a Dungenbowl client but it was only a WIP based on his LRB4 client which it is possible to edit the files for teams, not sure if it is still to be found on the internet...