45 coaches online • Server time: 19:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
A badge for playing a sprint with each of the 8 ARR races should be called...
Ultimate WARRior
48%
 48%  [ 15 ]
pARRty animal
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Not a racist! (and I have a badge to prove it)
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
ARR the king's menz
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
yARR a wizARRd hARRy!
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Three point one fouARRRRRR!
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 31

happygrue

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2014 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Season VI: For the box is dARRk... is in the books!

Season VII: WintARR is Coming is underway! Season VII Forum thread to be done soon with 100% more bonus details!

We have a number of great announcements that I will give you in bullet-point form here and more details in the coming days:

* ARR turns one year old this month!

* Not coincidentally, the box scheduler change also turns one year old this month!

* A super secret announcement that will knock various articles of undergarments off will be announced in a few days. If you think you can handle it (pack fresh undARRpants...) then come lurk in the IRC channel we share with our Human League cousins: #metabox, and you may get some spoiler details from me or OenarLod... I've said to much already. Cool

* Seriously, come lurk on IRC in #metabox.

*This is the last month of our FUMBBL dice contest! For details on how you could win a free set of FUMBBL dice check out the button on our group page.

* ARR has grown to 199 teams over the past year, most of which are still active. This puts us neck and neck with the HLP in terms of numbers and good enough for the 6th biggest group on FUMBBL! ARR!

* Ultimate WARRior seems to have the lead in the poll, but it will stay open for another day or two so vote now or forever hold your piece!

* Did I mention our IRC channel, #metabox?

And now on to the prizes! I have yet to transfer older seasons, but Season VI and Season V are available now here thanks to Google Docs. The first group includes the top ten places and all the sprintARRs after. Then it's top 3 by race in groups after that.

Congrats to our 22 sprintARRs this season, and to the grand champion: okostomi's Nuevo ricos (High Elf), who claimed the #2 spot last season and this time aimed higher still!

The top Sunty score was clocked in by CCSenor's Bluebay Crammers (Halfling) who beat out Azure's flings on the tiebreaker!
As this season's Stunty (Ogre, Fling, Gobbo) champion, CCSenor has chosen a seasonally ARRppropriate joke to be the tagline of Season VII: "SnowTroll+Vampire=FrAARstbite!" Want to choose next season's tagline? Get the top stunty score and the sky's the limit (as long as the sky doesn't go higher than 30 characters).

On to the good stuff! The top 3 spots get the appropriate one of these:
Image Image Image

The other top ten finishers get this one:

The rest of the sprintARRs get this one:

And then the top three spots in each race ALSO get to gloat with the appropriately styled:
Image Image Image

And if you won a Black Box Brawl this season (or in the past but just forgot) then you can add this one to your bio:

Or heck, add the badges as many times as you win. Clog those bios!

Once again, the list of badge winnARRs is here.

For full standings, check out the leaderboard.

*** OP Follows ***

...and full of terrors. And it is - you know it is. Season six is underway! After almost a full yeARR, we need a new badge for sure! Maybe a bunch, but let's start with a badge for playing a sprint with all 8 ARR races. What should we call such a thing? Vote in the poll, or post ideas below.

Last edited by happygrue on Dec 01, 2014 - 15:43; edited 4 times in total
Rabe

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2014 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

AllroundARR?

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2014 - 21:08
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Cdassak?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
happygrue

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2014 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Both good ideas. Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2014 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Chief unabandonARR
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2014 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
AllroundARR?

I like that one. Other ideas could be:

1)H-AAR-d Knock Life Badge
2)ARR You Serious?
3)ARRea 51
4)ARRnimal AwARRd

Jeffro
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2014 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Is that for completing a sprint with each race ever, or a sprint with each race in one season? Shocked

I love the last option in the poll by the way... had to vote for that. Any of those options sound good, I'll probably never get one either way Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2014 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

CollectARR!
Obsessive Compulsive DisordARR!
The Whole Eight yARRs!

Join the Human League Premiership!
Superlynx

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2014 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

What about PowARR RangARR?
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it this Brawl or the next one?
happygrue

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Is it this Brawl or the next one?

Would be next Wednesday, but we're looking to change it to every other month, and move it to the last brawl of each season (which would be the last Wednesday in November). What do people think about that? Is it better to go every other month so as to avoid burnout, or is this something we should push every month? Keep in mind people are welcome to enter any brawl (and get a badge for winning it!) but we're just thinking about the official mob-entry brawls.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

We did have a poll about it, not many voters but I think we should leave it a monthly event.

I think the poll is open, so you can still vote...
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=25476
cdassak

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2014 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings comARRades,

The Box is indeed dARRk and full of terrors but we have no feARR!

Apologies for the delayed update - was on a trip down undARR.

Three ARR veteran teams lead this season's race.

kingvan's Vampires are top, hoping to be the first team to win back to back titles. Check out the replay of the grand Vampire derby against Tarabaralla's Principi, what a game!
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3606128

Just one point behind them we find tmoila's 2 dodges 1 blitz with their 5th consequtive ARR sprint (and their best so far)! It's an honor to finally have them on board as ARR members.

In third place, cameronhawkins Lost Children of the Deep are beginning a new era, having lost their Legend Thrower and team captain, 1 game short of playing 200 games for them.
https://fumbbl.com/p/player?op=view&player_id=9668502
RIP Prosigoreus you will be remembered...

In 4th and 5th place we have two more sprintARRs for a total of 5 sprints this season:
Phoenix_Katten's Serenity Valley (Underworld) and Relezite's Black Chance Brigade (Elf) in their 2nd straight ARR sprint.

In the stunty race, the eternal battle of Gobbos and Flings is on. Stimme's Blackbox Cheaters (Goblins) are leading with a 3 game winning streak, including a monumental win against the Slime Barons!
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3611732

Right behind them we have CCSensor's Bluebay Crammers (Halfling), one of the oldest Box fling teams - 96 games!

In the tournament scene, we had a new BrawlARR champion in the latest ARR brawl, thebursar's Noldor in the Box (High Elves) won BBB CL, while Kryten's ARRgres are in the final and looking for their second BBB title!

Finally, heavy fling pARRanormal activity has been detected lately thanks to this crazy challenge:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9194&op=view
Fling powARR!

Remember to vote for the badge for sprinting with all 8 races and for the ARR Brawl frequency in this poll:
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=25476
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 06:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello All,

New coach signing on with 8 ARR teams, eager to rack up some games. Smile.

Question: The results/ ranking page states: "Games qualify when either the team or their opponents are over 1400TV". Is this still true please or does any TV count?

Cannot find this on the main page.

Cheers Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 06:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome aboard mate!
Ignore the rankings page message, all games count regardless of TV.