28 coaches online • Server time: 02:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
T3mpano

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
T3mpano wrote:
Maybe 50k RR was part of the culture they learned?

From a race with 60k rrs?

Its called on-going improvement...they're norse but human from mother's side Wink
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:

1) Ulfs get Block skill at no cost. They were overpriced before. Block on all players is consistent with the team theme. With Frenzy and no Block they are too much of a liability at Rookie level.

Only was reading this far, but can already tell... whatever the problem with Norse is, you won't find it at rookie level.

They start out fine, what kills them is their lack of sustainability. Low av and poor skill access.

Dodge would probably go a long way.

I read somebodies comment that they have too much Frenzy. That's true. But then just take less, so..

In all honesty, taking four players with Dodge access, and a lot of players with strengh access, I can kinda see them work as a team...

Maybe trying to go all out on bash is more of the problem.

EDIT: Ah ok, now I see. The runners are actually 90k. That's a huge problem. Dauntless is pretty useless indeed. Terrible stat line and expensive and the only ones with the necessary skill access, common.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 13:25
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't the problem though that they only have 2 players with A access, and all the players with S access also have Frenzy?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
The reason Amazons Linewomen were 40k and the reason RR were 50k was that Chet wanted to make a broken overpowered team.

Maybe he just thinks women are awsome..
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
They do well in TT tourneys and low-mid TV. Most of the changes would make them even better at this range. The way to make teams better long term is better base stats and better skill access.

I was coming from the RRR stats that were posted some time ago, where they weren't among the top teams. And looking at the amount of Orcs and Dwarves in RRR... but you are right about the base stats and skill access.

Of course, you could just give ST access to the linemen and make them a more breakable, quicker, cheaper version of Dwarves but that would be a HUGE change.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Isn't the problem though that they only have 2 players with A access, and all the players with S access also have Frenzy?

I used to play Norse a lot at high TV, and catchers were the best players for me (ok I never had a great one, but they were what I needed the most).
Garion

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Or we could just make them more interesting and bring back the Tattoo rule (av and inj modifiers can't be used against a player with this trait) and give it to their positionals.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Seriously... Dauntless aside you kinda end up paying 40k just for an extra point of movement.

That's a seriously terribly start up player in a team full of awesome starters. And then he kinda still never really gets good.

Wait... I think I have a better idea to make Norse work... roll a lot of doubles!
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Ah ok, now I see. The runners are actually 90k. That's a huge problem. Dauntless is pretty useless indeed. Terrible stat line and expensive and the only ones with the necessary skill access, common.

Oh yeah, you are right, I somehow thought they were 70k. I haven't used them in a while. Smile Guess 70k without Dauntless and 4 of them but no Throwers sounds like a good idea. Maybe even have them start with Dodge instead of Block, so they can take Wrestle if they want.

Cheaper Ulfs without Frenzy would go a long way, too, but Frenzy is really the signature skill of the team. It's problematic just like AV7 is, but they wouldn't really be Norse any more without the Frenzy overload. No S access on non-Frenzy players is the main problem though, I agree.
Immeli

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

I used to play Norse a lot at high TV, and catchers were the best players for me (ok I never had a great one, but they were what I needed the most).

This.

Giving an option for 4 runners would not help at low TV, but skilled runners are important at high TV. 40k for +MA and dauntless is expensive, but I have always seen that you pay for the access for A skills as well.

Berserkers are just too expensive. Can't think any other positional player (passers aside) without A)access to A skills or B)AV8. Lacking both, combined with frenzy... No thanks.
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Though I think Nurgle should be 60k because chaos are.

Rotten brains?
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

norse are very competitive at low TV. you trade power today for weakness tomorrow. when you go norse, that is the deal you make with nuffle.

if you want to make norse tier one, increase their movement. That is what holds them down.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Verminardo wrote:

1) Ulfs get Block skill at no cost. They were overpriced before. Block on all players is consistent with the team theme. With Frenzy and no Block they are too much of a liability at Rookie level.

Only was reading this far, but can already tell... whatever the problem with Norse is, you won't find it at rookie level.

They start out fine, what kills them is their lack of sustainability. Low av and poor skill access.

I think this cripples most hybrid teams at high TV with the possible exceptions of Lizardmen and Skaven.

They lack power or armour to win a fight against bash or decimate agile team enough. Plus have neither the speed and agility to successfully avoid bash or outscore agile teams.

Undead and Necro at leats have regen and cheap fodder to try and win a war of attrition or foul off the agile teams.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Actually this has highlighted a valid point! Why do Zons get 50k rerolls??????

Equal Opportunity Legislation

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the throwers are pretty superfluous, actually they always have been. It would probably have done the roster better to kick them out and keep the catchers. Has null effect on a low TV roster.
 Jump to: