29 coaches online • Server time: 14:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2014 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Im trying to build a team but it only gives the Box and Ranked options.

Jeffro
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2014 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

You looked right under those 2 options? Twisted Evil

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 19, 2014 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

king boombastic ftw!
BT-pomb rocks!
is he really priced right?
Tarabaralla

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The silverback is pure epicness, I've just celebrated this by scoring the (probably) first ever Silverback touchdown on fumbbl during a match where he moved 14 times, just because I didn't activate him twice Very Happy
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2014 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice one.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
Something I've just noticed, silverback is ag1, I see no fluff reason to give it ag1, if anything it should be closer to 3 than 2.

I don't think it would be especially overpowered with ag2 either for it to handle the ball on 3+, the silverback already have serious downsides compared to an ogre.

During playtesting, he was lowered in AG for two reasons - to get his cost in line to allow multiple starting build options and also to enforce the idea that he is involved only to 'defend' his family, which means fighting. He is not interested in the ball, only in cracking skulls.

That said, he still has the Extra Arms skill because he is an ape. Smile

The Orang was made into a thrower for two reasons also - to use the Impact miniature in TT and also to allow the team to play a passing game with team-wide Extra Arms allowing for 2+ catches.

We have gotten a lot of feedback about the Orang and will certainly consider making him 'better' during the next roster tweak. He went through a lot of changes in playtesting - he once had an extra starting skill for the same price (which is 'better') and he was also movement 4 at one point, which is 'worse'.

I still see him, with one skill, a thrower slinging 2+ passes at a range of 6 spaces, which is one more space than a Human thrower with one skill, even with his movement.

Human Thrower with Accurate = 6MV+3 spaces (2+) = 9
Orang with Accurate = 5MV+6 spaces (2+) = 11

Not to mention the Orang has multiple targets catching on a 2+!

He is unorthodox but I still hope good coaches (as in not me!) will unlock his potential!
Macabeo

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2014 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

SunDevil wrote:
The Orang was made into a thrower for two reasons also - to use the Impact miniature in TT and also to allow the team to play a passing game with team-wide Extra Arms allowing for 2+ catches.

We have gotten a lot of feedback about the Orang and will certainly consider making him 'better' during the next roster tweak. He went through a lot of changes in playtesting - he once had an extra starting skill for the same price (which is 'better') and he was also movement 4 at one point, which is 'worse'.

I still see him, with one skill, a thrower slinging 2+ passes at a range of 6 spaces, which is one more space than a Human thrower with one skill, even with his movement.

Human Thrower with Accurate = 6MV+3 spaces (2+) = 9
Orang with Accurate = 5MV+6 spaces (2+) = 11

Not to mention the Orang has multiple targets catching on a 2+!

He is unorthodox but I still hope good coaches (as in not me!) will unlock his potential!

I love the design of the Orangutan, a slow power thrower on a team with plenty of extra arms, I wouldn't change it. If you're thinking of a buff consider giving him Nerves of Steel or Safe Throw. This way they can sit back with a lot of potential receivers around the middle of the field and, if pressured, just throw the ball forward.
babass

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2014 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

3rd game with my Apes: already 2 TD from Gorillas Smile

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=784569

they are funny to play, and to play against Smile
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2014 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the whole team is bloaty, I've barely got any skills and already they're at 1350k Shocked
Joemanji

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2014 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
I think the whole team is bloaty, I've barely got any skills and already they're at 1350k Shocked
Yep, every player on the roster is at least 10K overpriced.

For example : A Gorilla is the same price as a Chaos Warrior who loses 1 AG, 1 AV and General skill access in exchange for Extra Arms. Obviously not a good deal.

Bonobo a Norse or Amazon lineman swapping Block/Dodge for Extra Arms. Bad deal.

Chimp is a Ghoul swapping Dodge for Wrestle/EA and paying 10K more. Not great, but better than the rest so far.

Orangutan is an Orc Thrower swapping Sure Hands and Pass for EA, Stong Arm and Big Hand. Not great, but nice and fluffy and not ridiculously overpriced.

Silverback is a Snow Troll losing Frenzy, Disturbing Presence and Claw for MB, Grab, Extra Arms and 1 AV. Probably worse off.

But the problem is not any of these individual analysis - it is that they are all combined on the same team that starts with no skills.

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2014 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

and agility-skills access on simple vs mutation+general...
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2014 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I generally agree with JoeManji. I think the roster should be 'slightly' overpriced, as they aren't a well known BB race. You know what you should do, go the 5k as we did with stunty. Drop all prices by 5k.
SunDevil

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2014 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The team is overpriced, there is no arguing that. This was intentional, as I badly wanted to avoid the team becoming a broken (as in 'too good') vanity project. We want the team to play at the Vamp/Underworld Tier 2.5 level, though I prefer a 5-tier system and would put the Simyin solidly in Tier 4.

Except, in my opinion, the Silverback. I don't find him overpriced. Smile In Joemanji's Snow Troll comparison, the Silverback gets two skills - MB and Grab - he can use, generally speaking, more often than the Disturbing Presence and Claw of the Snow Troll. Then the Silverback gets +AV instead of Frenzy so he is more reliable AND more durable. Advantage = Silverback! To me, anyway. Smile

Rest of the team? No argument. And I agree the Orang and Chimp are closest to being costed 'right'. The Bonobo isn't terrible as they lose durability (Block/Dodge of Norse/Zons) for EA, which helps them score faster and more reliably, which leads to more skills and more chances at exceptional skill rolls (doubles and/or stats) in the long run. With one skill each, which is better - a Bonobo with EA and Block or a Norse Lineman with Block and Fend? Debatable, but the Bonobo is much closer in value at that point. I'm not even going to bother comparing the Block Bonobo with the one-skill Blodging Zon Linewoman. Smile

The Gorillas were tough to price because of their odd skill access. We were passionate about the 4ST A/S access and wanted to err on the side of caution with this unprecedented combo. I could see them, way down the road, dropping to 90k (or 95k for harvestmouse!) as a potential 'fix'. We want hundreds of games of data first!

As always, thanks to everyone for playing the Simyin and for making comments and observations! We greatly appreciate it!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2014 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Regarding the Gorilla, there are 2 players that are moderately similar in Stunty. The Alligator Warrior on Pygmies and the Moot Guard on Pro Halflings. The Pro Fling player particularly.

Neither player is very old (the Alligator Warrior we changed fairly recently from GA to SA) so there isn't that much data on them. For me, MB is a must as a first skill. Then probably dodge. Guard and SS would be my next skills, however DT would be interesting on this roster and you'll get the killer build too.
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2014 - 03:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Good response, Chance. I'm looking forward to allowing Simyans into the NBFL next season... so we'll get a good look at a team up around 2000 TV to see how they fare at that level.

*I'm* not playing them... but some crazy person might Wink
 Jump to: