40 coaches online • Server time: 00:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HamilcarBarca

Post 1 Posted: Oct 25, 2014 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

So, here's my Dwarf team: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=782436
And here's this Runner: https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=10227585

This Runner just got a +AG and my other Runner has +MA and they both have block. I feel like this really opens up some possible passing options with the +AG, maybe using my +MA Runner or +MA Blitzer as the receiver. The Blitzer has guard so I could send them both towards a scoring position.

I don't generally opt for 2 runners in the same drive if I can help it because I don't like having that much AV8 on the pitch. However I desperately need to spice up my scoring game.

1) What is the best way to take advantage of my Runner's +AG?
For Bonus points: 1a) How can I increase my score threat?
2) Do I have too many stat increases to get games in Ranked?

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2014 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Go for some passing skills on the +AG runner.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2014 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

1) just use the ag player as you always would, he will just succeed more now.

2) No

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2014 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

2) No. But you are playing Dwarfs in Ranked, so getting games will be hard either way.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2014 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
1) just use the ag player as you always would, he will just succeed more now.

2) No

/thread

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2014 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

1st thing i'd do is sack the roller, i'm really not a fan, i feel they are v. overpriced for the limited pitch time they r gonna have.

i'd carry on with a running game, just be happy the pick up and dodging is easier.

i have an ag5 runner in table top who has pass and hail mary, so i do play a passing game with them, but unless u get him to that sort of level i wouldnt go there tbh

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2014 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

yup, try the passing game,it's fun and sometimes you will need to do it (with these two runners you'll have the option to score in two turns if needed).
Rabe

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2014 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

My Agility Monsters have exactly that combination of stat increases right now and it's awesome! Then again, both players are further developed, but you might want to take a look at them.

That being said, my team is not very competitive and not to be taken (too) serious. Many good coaches avoid the passing game even with elves, even more so if any AG 3 is involved. Most good dwarf coaches will probably tell you to play that team like any other dwarf team. The two runners make plan B (a quick offense that might even include passing) a bit more viable and are great troubleshooters - but few will recommend investing in any passing skills.

It's up to you how streamlined you want your team to be in the end. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2014 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I see you have joined the Academy group, you should check out the 145 Club if you are interested in a beginners league.

Generally successful dwarf teams play the 'running' game, you protect your ball carrier at all times while trying to advance your position down field so you can score in the last turn of the half.

Having an AG4 runner just means that if you fail to get your entire team to the endzone so your runner can just walk it in then you have a better chance of dodging through. But actually using your AG4 is plan B.

AG4 also makes picking up the ball very safe which is important.

To get games in Ranked don't take too much mighty blow and piling on. Although having the Rookie rank helps getting games. Razz

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
HamilcarBarca

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2014 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="mr-maverick"]1st thing i'd do is sack the roller, i'm really not a fan, i feel they are v. overpriced for the limited pitch time they r gonna have./quote]

I read that a lot, and a lot of players are min/maxing and don't want the TV bloat. I disagree. I find the Roller to be awesome and a lot of fun. I've got Guard on mine, and with ST7 and BTackle I can jump into groups and pin down TZs with SF. Jugg means that I can blitz with the safety of Block (if not the effectiveness) and the limited pitch time means you can us BT to foul out strategic targets w/ less worry about banning. Plus as Dwarves most people that take games w/ me are above my TV so I can Bribe it up keep on Rollin'...

He's one of the BiggestGuys and he's got no Stupid or Wild traits. He can reliable dodge almost wherever I want and tie down a number of players giving me the all-desired numbers advantage. Loner makes you more strategic w/ your turns and NoHands is ok b/c he's a monster that should be killing not running.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2014 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Except for having a death roller, thats a great looking team with solid skill choices to go with the nice stat increases. Death rollers can be good against slow but high St like Khemri, but are pretty bad against elves and the like. So it makes some matchups better but lots of them worse.

Personally I like having all my Dwarf positionals every drive for the speed improvement. The AV8 ones tend to take covering positions at the back so avoid lots of blocks. AV8 is still pretty decent really.

Oscar Wilde
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2014 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

It doesnt hurt to be able to pass the ball - even if you almost never do so. Having options is important for those times when you do need to move the ball quickly.

So, I would take pass next on the ag4 guy - you already have the basic skills, and aside from dodge nothing else would improve him that much. I wouldnt take any other passing skills though - ever. Just remember that throwing the ball is the last resort of a desperate dwarf.

And sack the roller, they totally suck, 180k is the same value as 2 guard longbeards - think about how much value that really is, at best you are going to get 8 turns out of him. If you bench him on defence, then all it takes is a couple of kos and he gets to play 1 turn before getting binned. But if you play him then a quick score and he is again out of the game. Worse still he adds enough tv to take you into serious cpomb range.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2014 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The roller becomes really valuable on high TV (2000k+) in my opinion. Ideally you'll have a bench an can field him when you want then. It's the best answer to Orcs and Chaos on that TV level (as those teams will have as much Guard as you but higher strength). Giving away another 180k isn't that much of a problem by then.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2014 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

1) enjoy tje dodgeing, take dodge on doubles, don't pass unless it's necessary
2) no you can only have too much MB and PO
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2014 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Deathrollers rule
 Jump to: