57 coaches online • Server time: 00:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

If you guys just would of taken the time to read my insight on how to make GF better we would not be discussing this!!!

Since obviously you missed it the first time and did not care...here is the link

Shocked Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2014 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I saw your post, PainState: I created a new thread because this is a substantially different topic, despite the similar titles and the fact that they both pertain to gamefinder. I do follow all that advice, pretty much. It does help get games. I still find gamefinder annoying. I go to redlight a match I don't want or I don't think is fair, and I end up redlighting the match that suddenly appeared in its place, often a very tempting one.

I could mock up my vision in Excel: it's significantly less elaborate than Christer's and I like his better, but it might be pretty easy to implement (should be front end only).

Basically my idea is that the left two columns would be: coach/rank, and team/race/TV, one row per opposing team. Teams would be sortable by each of these 5 criteria (coach, rank, team, race, TV). Each would be a link to the coach or team, respectively. Then, your teams would be organized (aligned vertically to save space) as columns 3 to X+2, where X is the number of teams you're on with.

This way, if there are 20 teams on, there are 20 rows, and it's easy to scroll down and see them all. Since the columns can be pretty skinny, you could probably put on 7-8 teams without having to scroll right-left, more if you like small text. You can grey out or X out the matches that are outside the coach's or site's TV tolerances, and/or replace the filter with the TV differential as a color-code. And if you red out a match by mistake it doesn't disappear, so you can un-red it.

I'm thinking the color code would look like this:
* Greened: TV differential text turns bold, background color gets brighter.
* ±90k or less: colored green
* ±100k-15%: colored yellow
* Still legal: colored red (a different shade from the green for the colorblind)
* not legal: colored gray (could be black even)
* Red-out: colored gray or black

Cheesy Excel Mockup: Image

@ Christer's concern, if all an opponent's matches would be gray, don't show the opponent. But I don't think omitting this would lead to a PM explosion, just people going back and putting more teams on gamefinder to get that perfect matchup. (That's what I do, at least: PMs are too inconvenient.)