19 coaches online • Server time: 07:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

lemf wrote:
I am sure the Irc could be used more again
you could
sit talking utter rubbish for ages.

This. I miss active irc. =( Still, I get it was irc becoming less used that made Christer decide to pull the plug on it as a gamefinding method, which in turn killed it as a communication method at all.
JMkiller

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I like this debate Very Happy Maybe we should have also some kind of voice chat on some free servers; room for FUMBBL, where we could put some experienced coaches who have some extra free time maybe to comment on tournament games and help new players to learn blood bowl.

Blood bowl 2 is coming out soon and it will draw a lot of people again to find out what is blood bowl IF famous youtubers make tournament beetwen them self like they did few years ago. Trust me, its big chance to show more people beauty of 2D blood bowl here on Fumbbl.

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2014 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

League does not pull coaches away from R/B. Most coaches play R/B/L to begin with anyway.

Personally, I don't play Ranked and these days I rarely play Box.

My approach is that I try to find a [L]eague opponent. If I cannot find one I try to find a Box game.

Recently I have had no trouble finding league games so rarely drop down to playing Box.
The thing with the Box is, there are often 3,4,5 coach draws that hit the 'not enough matches' problem. One more coach could well be the difference between draw or no draw.
After two or three no draws people may well have missed their window or gone off to play something else.

I had a look at how many coaches play each division in October

R 857
S 132
L 724
B 452
? 8

345 coaches played in league but not in R or B. almost half of league coaches. Almost a quater of all coaches (1397)

Sure, Box does more games but League appears to kick it's ass on number of coaches.

We maybe shouldn't pin too many hopes on recruiting TT tournament coaches. It may well be that a lot of them are already here. I've seen a few "names" playing quietly in their own league. Those that come may well stick to league.

How many people regularly play 1100 res swiss? I guess Sann would know.

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2014 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Guys,

good input here. I thank you all for the active discussion.
I see however a lot of talk about league, but imho this will not solve the mentioned problem off coaches getting their occasional game.
As some coaches wrote here, they dont have the time to get bound in a League (like myself) but want to play a game of bb now and then (like myself). And they do prove my suspicion right, that they are not very content by the current options to find a game in B or R either.

Saying there are many ways to find a game isnt enough, if you see the development of number of games played on fumbbl. Either there is some problem of informing those coaches about the options to find a game OR what i suspect: the current given options are just not what they really want!

I think we need ideas for fundamental changes, not some minor tweaks or talk about some TT player who MIGHT be coming to fumbbl.

Question is: What options/functions would make ALL coaches happy on fumbbl?
Newcomers, Geeks, Pros, Powergamers, Pickers, Talkers, Community Builders, active Coaches, inactive Coaches.. identify their demands and try to cover them.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2014 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I can genuinly say I'm happy the way things are and I could happily do without the recent box changes.

For the moment I will continue playing as time allows, but probably more ranked than box.
More changes might make me happy but they might also contribute to drive me away.

So really, afaic, CPOMB sucks but it won't stop me from playing.

And honestly, just fix it and all the other problems with this ruleset disappear in an instant. And I mean, all, like really all of them. No point in fixing anything else.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2014 - 02:18 Reply with quote Back to top

JMkiller wrote:
Is there league like OCC? Huge league with lot of divisions and progress based gameplay?

OBBA

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2014 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I think there's a lot to be done around the edges. Other recent threads have covered changes to the Box scheduler and to gamefinder. I think you'd be surprised how much impact a small tweak could have. Like in Ranked, a friendlier gamefinder and a renewed metagroup focus could go far to improving the ease of getting games.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2014 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

over 400 games yesterday!
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2014 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
over 400 games yesterday!

Majors team pimping? How many 'proper' games? Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2014 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I would play the hell out of a 1100 res mm division. I expect most people who want competitive games would.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2014 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a lot of people (myself included) enjoy the team building aspect...

So, an 1100 division doesn't make my parts tingle.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2014 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd probably enjoy it every now and then - but (repeated) resurrection tournaments - like SMACKs, BBBs or RRRs - appeal much more to me than a whole division (with open play).

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2014 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

That is the purpose of resurrection after, so that makes sense.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2014 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

This one is a really interesting discussion. Personnaly, i think it could be very cool to make another way to play inspired by the 1100 TV resurection tournament. Thos who don't like it should not play them and it should be another option for the open minded coaches.

For the Clawpombers "problem", why can't we create another random division, exactly like Blackbox but where you can't select the skill Claw ? I think it should be a solution. No ?
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2014 - 13:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick response to the issue of customisation for tourneys: It won't be static 1100 NAF style rules, and there will be plenty of opportunity to make your own variations.
 Jump to: