43 coaches online • Server time: 15:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v stunty (...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which Division will win the FUMBBL Cup
Box
32%
 32%  [ 59 ]
Ranked
47%
 47%  [ 87 ]
Serious? are we taking this box/ranked debate to this level of violence? YES!!!!
19%
 19%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 182

JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh lawds, bonehead play of the tourney! RR an irrelevant failed dauntless thinking it was a GFI... doh!

The rest of that turn was awful anyway though lol.

Grats to Khor_Varik, thoroughly deserved win.

Last edited by JimmyFantastic on %b %21, %2014 - %13:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

5 point: Purple Delvers
4 point: I want my MTV
3 point: Cryptic Apocalypse
2 point: Brutal Cherry Pickers
1 point: Vault Tec Squad

Jeffro
Malmir

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

5 point match: Aquillas Negras

4 point match: Purple Delvers

3 point match: Gravelords

2 point match: Atrapianos En El Tiempo

1 point match: Offenbach Kickers

Speculation Bet: 11 rips

I am delighted to say I made these picks without looking at a single team so I'm going entirely on ones I know something of.
Tricktickler

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

5. Offenbacher Kickers
4. Purple Delvers
3. Justice Ranked
2. Aguilas Negras
1. Vault Tec Squad

Speculation Bet: 8 rips
sonrises

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2014 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

**Bob & Jim FUMBBL CUP Review**

Bob: Good Night Blood Bowl fans and wellcome to Bob & Jim FUMBBL CUP Review!
Jim: All right, Bob. Time to look at how the TOP25 coaches of this season are performing in the FUMBBL CUP.
Bob: Absolutely, Jim. 21 out of the 25 TOP25 coaches of this season got a coaching job for this FUMBBL CUP.
Jim: That's right Bob!. And only 11 remainig after the first 2 weeks of competition.
Bob: Absolutely, Jim. Let's check which coaches remain in the race!.

Jokaero-Gbangoos-Necromantic 2w
the_Sage-Royal Cookie Crumble-Wood Elf 2w
Brainsaw-Offenbacher Kickers-Chaos 2w
BattleLore-Blood Red-Chaos 2w
Qaz-Six Hooves Under-Chaos Dwarf 2w
Jeguan-Smooth exp-Wood Elf 2w
CroixFer-Ventrue Lords-Vampire 2w
anisdrin-Aguilas Negras-Dark Elf 2w
Azure-Azure Claw Squad-Chaos Dwarf 2w
The_Provocateur-Nuffle Can Suck It-Vampire 2w
Chilango_Light-St-Lys Débr'Ailleurs SLDA-Nurgle 2w

Jim: Thanks Bob!. Well my friends, we have 2 of these coaches meeting in 4th Rnd.

Royal Cookie Crumble vs St-Lys Débr'Ailleurs SLDA

Bob: Absolutely, Jim. There you go FUMBBL CUP fans. Good night!

Last edited by sonrises on %b %23, %2014 - %18:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
RobRoyDuncan

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

A Well-Read Pestilence takes on the rookie lizards of Kukabúvár invázió this Sunday at 15:00 server time. Come see what 1100 TV in inducements looks like!
sonrises

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

**Bob & Jim FUMBBL CUP Review**

Jim: Good afternoon Blood Bowl fans! Rnd 3 up and running!
Bob: Absolutely, Jim. Let's have a look at coaches after match comments.
Jim: All right Bob. There we go!

Walpurgis 2 (Wood Elf) 3 vs 0 Animated Amphibians (Slann)

Animated Amphibians coach comments:
FUMBBL CUP 2nd round. First off, all the creds to Verminardo all out the week. We both had some troubles finding a time to play, but he always adjusted to it and were very polite. Thanks for that.
Verminado won the kickoff, but chose to kick. Turned out to be a good call. It's probably the first time teams are competing for being the defending team first.
I had pretty basic turns the first 3 or 4. Then I took a risk to open up the defense a little. He took the bait. But first he pow'd my ss,blodge, dt,tackle,guard blitzer, leaving him out of the equation. He leaped, 1d pow'd my catcher and the ball scattered and ended up in his catchers hands.
I managed to get the ball back the turn after, but the recovery wasnt 100%. Some easy dodges and a blitz took the ballcarrier down. BUT, he snaked the pickup. Here I felt that I still had a chance to recover and score. So I went for plan B, the little riskier, but more rewarding. Everythin went according to plan, leaps worked, until nuffle stroke back. The devastating snakes on the gfi for the deciding block. Drive over, 0-1.
I tried to build up and keep on going. I managed well, but I totally fucked up my last turn. I've played over 2500 games on FUMBBL, but never made a mistake like this. Verminardo totally fooled me when it turned out that he had wrestle on his wardancer, leaving my ballcarrier on the ground. Half 1 over. 0-1.
Second half was pretty routine for the woodies. One quick TD and 0-2. About know, my team got fired up. But a little to late. 3 casulties and a few knockouts and I had a safe score. But I wanted to tie him aswell, before the game was over. So I went for the 3+2+2+ td. But, nuffle didnt want me to win tonight. I snaked the last gfi, leaving the ball to his ag6 wd, who passed it, and he slowly made the TD in his 8th turn. 0-3.
But, that pass was also that wd's last. The agility monster got group fouled to his death in turn 6. Verminardo had to choice to score before it happend. But he took the risk. It failed.
Overall it was a good matchup, great coach and it was fun. Equal dices but the ag6 made the difference in this game. I really missed my PO, MB tackle blitzer this game and also my block guard lino. That would have helped alot.
Thanks again Verminardo. I hope Forty Miners wont be any problem for you Smile
All the best,
Nyberg

Walpurgis 2 coach comments:
Three to nothing, a clear win, a demonstration even, and yet a pyrrhic victory, as could be seen in the Wood Elves' faces after the match. The coach's decision to run down the clock and skill two players instead of one while exposing Willow to a foul, disastrous. The team's best player, in fact the best player ever coached by Verminardo, fouled to death. Oh the crowd loves it when an AG6 Wardancer dies. A bit of the cosmic balance is restored. So close to Legendhood, denied.
"Life must go on", said Catcher Phoebe after the match. "Willow will return from the twilight and join us again in the dance. And in the meantime, I will do the ball recoveries." Phoebe is already training pick-ups in multiple tackle zones this morning. Still it cannot be denied that Walpurgis without Willow is just a very ordinary Wood Elf team. Will this be enough to go deeper in the Fumbbl Cup?
"Matches only get tougher in this competition", coach Verminardo shrugged. "But we are in round 3 and I don't see why we couldn't beat those Dwarves."
Thanks for playing Nyberg, was a fun game! Let's see what will be left of my team at the end of the Fumbbl Cup. This will be my first serious rebuild and I'm looking forward to it!

Green is new purple (Lizzardman) 2 vs 0 Chainsaw (Orc)

Chainsaw coach comments:
After winning the toss, looking at the one turner I decided to try and be clever and kick first. That was the first and worst mistake.
Fast forward to midway through the 2nd half. The orcs have been smashed. The 'Saws have accounted for a single skink. The one sided nature of the fight meant that plans got abandoned and Aztec had to fend off lizards to keep the ball. Whilst my diving tackle failed to stop the skinks, hupap's stopped Aztec both times he tried it and the drive came undone.
I rolled all the double skulls and none of the high armour rolls, and that left my team on their asses and out of the FUMBBL Cup. Things did go my way - a fizzled wizard and a really thick Kroxigor meant I had opportunities but errors were made under tilt and that is probably the one thing that stops me from progressing as a BB coach. It's hard to keep one's cool when ya feel Nuffle is against you though!
Hupap played well and best of luck to him in the next game.

Green is new purple coach comments:
To be honest, I felt a bit nervous to play against such a famous and well feared team. On top of it, I was totaly tired due to (family-wide) sickness. But the dice went my way - all along the match. The orks had no armor on most of the time, and still managed to make a tough defense in the 1st half.
2nd half was mixed, but as far as I can tell, my failures were not as half as critical as Chainsaw's.
So overall, I considere this a dice-dominated win.
Cheers and a deep bow once again to Chainsaw for not loosing his good mood - or at least for not showing it Smile

Home of the Stars (Dark Elf) 2 vs 1 Lammer Cheese Workers' Party (Chaos Dwarf)

Home of the Stars coach comments:
Home of the Stars were POMBed off the field in impressive fashion from start to finish, but held on to win a lucky cointoss. The Witch could have put the game away early against the tide of Cas when she snaked a pickup for an easy TD. After that, there weren't many elves left to mount any defense.
In OT, only 5 elves lined up to defend against the receiving Dorfs. They managed to slow down the advance enough until a doubleskulled block opened a chance for a sack. By then, only 3 elves were left - just enough to down the ballcarrier and hoof the ball upfield far enough to secure a cointoss.
There is not much left of the team for the next round, so we will have to look for hired help.
Thx for a fun game DRPoods!

Lammer Cheese Workers' Party coach comments:
Well, I thought we has this one.
Then "Like Dreams of Happy Times" decides to roll dub skulls. Anything else would have been OK. Fails at key moments decided this one. And then we lost the shootout 5-3
Well played mate. Good luck in the Cup.
I am completely shattered.

Les Vent-Marcheurs (Chaos) 2 vs 0 Brutal Cherrypickers (Dwarf)

Les Vent-Marcheurs coach comments:
Hard match-up for the dwarves, 12 of them (and 2 mercs) were brave enough to face the Chaos. I bought a wiz because I actually fear his elf (runner 7348 blodge).
8 guards, it seems good to defy cpombers. But I have my own guards too, and dwarves tried hard to find a breach.
Wiz found it. 4/4 players hit by the fireball, but then Jimmy rolled 4/4 skulls (rr used by mistake on the dauntless roll).
I try to entrust Golgoth with the ball, but he refused. The bounce is good for the dwarves, but again a roll failed before a double skulls stops their impetus.
I run far to secure the ball, some blocks and fouls secure it more.
Second half, dwarves are back to fight, with their blodger elf and their thick balls.
They try to bypass my guys, the elf comes one turn to see what happens, but no solution seems to come. I put more pressure, the elf fails his dodge, and it's game over.
Great match from the dwarves, despite some mistakes and bad luck. I've done some mistakes that could have been costly, but in fine it's a happy ending.
Jimmy, thanks for the match. Your dwarves have now a second life, and I hope they'll go far in their next tournaments!

Brutal Cherrypickers coach comments:
To be honest the Wiz was great, but nearly every other play I made was wrong lol.
Very gracious of Khor_Varik to say I played well but I was really not at the races, can't blame the skulls or even the bad RR.
Thanks for the match bro, well played, and at least I can be happy that I lost to a Blackbox team!
Good luck for this tourney and the future, beast of a team!

Crossdressers (Amazon) 2 vs 1 Lithuanians=) (Wood Elf)

Crossdressers coach comments:
The dressers were in a good mood. The woodies didn't have tons of special equipment with them or any freaks in the team. And it was a lucky good solid game from the girls side. Did what coach wanted them to do, make one silly setup-mistake which led to a fast td from the woodies at the start of 2nd half. But some important hits and fouls sealed the game pretty much. It was hard work for the woodies most of the time, with pretty crappy dice on top of that.
Thanks for a good chat as well! Rematch anytime.
/Dhak

Contagious Plague (Nurgle) 1 vs 0 2 dodges 1 blitz (High Elf)

Contagious Plague coach comments:
I would say tents won this game for me, as they were huge in holding the opposition in place.
ST5 regening twice was pivitol going foward, I should need to stop leaving him on an island and protect him some.
Rot comes through big time with some nasty fouls and a casualty.
Definitley an enjoyable game, that wasn't decided until about turn 15. I would say worth the replay.

smallnight (Dark Elf) 2 vs 1 Retired Bullfighters (Chaos Dwarf)

smallnight coach comments:
Exciting game. Did not like my chances vs such a well built CD team. I won the toss but it was raining so decided to kick, but sure enough weather instantly fine again lol. Tried a few long shots at the ball carrier early, but main focus was on avoiding much damage and did that part well.
Attempted OTS but was always going to be a long shot, and that failed. Managed to score, luckily kept the ball after the wizard hit me. Thought about stalling, but his team better suited for a long game.
He got the snakes on a GFI with ball carrier at probably the worst time, leaving me with 1 turn to score. Didn't have to do anything too hard to score, other than avoid a fair few 1's. Had to reroll a GFI, but success. GG. Somehow didn't need APO and only 1 MNG.

Harsch (Nurgle) 3 vs 1 La Caótica Heracliada (Chaos)

La Caótica Heracliada coach comments:
Too much, It's the only thing I could say. Every injury roll resulted in a Serious Injury to my players, or something worst.

Elemental Chaos (Chaos) 2 vs 1 Bluwood Blue Tits (Human)

Bluwood Blue Tits coach comments:
The Tits go out in the second round after a good game with lots of drama. The boys did some good fouling but the ref sure took his toll each time.
Despite losing the OT coin toss, just a smidge more luck on my side in any of the 3 halfs would have given the Tits a good shot at the win. I made a dumb positioning move after the OT kick-off gave me the BLITZ and was forced to try and pick-up the ball in 2 tackle zones. I deserved to lose after that. GG Moss.

Spawns of Evil (Necromantic) 2 vs 1 Sarcotics (Lizzardman)

Sarcotics coach comments:
Recorded this one and commentated on it - tried doing it at smaller resolution to reduce the creating time, but that basically made the video a bit too fuzzy. Will try again later with a better version!
First version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUjKI2JVqCM

Last edited by sonrises on %b %07, %2015 - %19:%Jan; edited 3 times in total
huff

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2014 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Are we gonna get ourselves a double header and get a game before Azure & Kam kickoff?
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
5 point: Purple Delvers
4 point: I want my MTV
3 point: Cryptic Apocalypse
2 point: Brutal Cherry Pickers
1 point: Vault Tec Squad

Spec guess 10

Jeffro
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The Watchmen have just taken the field in the FUMBBL CUP.

Do they spit the bit and take the swan song exit?

Do they crush all before them in their relentless march of death on all who oppose them?

Head on over and check it out.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2014 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Smooth exp vs Punish the Monkey is a really good match up to watch both quality and very experienced major coaches

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
liquidorange

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2014 - 04:10 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
The Watchmen have just taken the field in the FUMBBL CUP.

Do they spit the bit and take the swan song exit?

Do they crush all before them in their relentless march of death on all who oppose them?

Head on over and check it out.

Not today, apparently. Long road ahead though - Watchmen Philosophy has won three games, two shy of the total amassed by the legendary humans of Average Mediocrity. Here's hoping we can continue leaving a trail of bodies in our wake - 4 kills and 30 casualties in three matches.

Up next is Dr Suess.
Harad

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2014 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Which races are still left:
Chaos 12
Necromantic 7
Nurgle 7
Dark Elf 6
Orc 6
Wood Elf 5
Chaos Dwarf 4
Human 4
Undead 4
Amazon 3
Dwarf 3
Lizardmen 3
Skaven 3
Vampire 3
Khemri 2
Chaos Pact 1
Elf 1
High Elf 1
Norse 1
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2014 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks pretty bashy.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2014 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Crossdressers face debog the almighty Tuesday at 09:30 bb-time in round 4!
 Jump to: