29 coaches online • Server time: 09:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Jopotzuki wrote:
I tried to spectate a game that a friend of mine was playing. Tried to connect to the game from my coach page where it shows your friends and if they are online and playing. I clicked the (IG)-button but the game would not open. Spectating from Game - current games worked.

Noticed this as well with the additional feedback that these IG games have a splash screen of client 1.2.0 version and filename of ffblive

+1, have to spec through game page
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Just started a Ranked game via game finder. Client was 1.2.0 and asked for a game name. My opponent reloaded the client (close client and reload via resume), and ended with client 1.0.5... So far as we already know.

Common sense on this is for the moment: We need to clarify the gn before the client is loading, otherwise we end up at client 1.0.5 (as it seems as soon as someone closes the auto-loading client 1.2.0 he can't get back to it but reloads on client 1.0.5).
Contact your opponents before auto-loading and clarify the game name so you both know what you have to type in (and don't close the client Wink ).
luckyjim12

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

not sure if this helps, but my game made us put in the game names but is also on the old version. I am sad - I wanted dirty tricks...
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Unlucky Jim Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 23:17
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Update Monday 24, 23:15
Automatic scheduling is now fixed, and game finder and blackbox games now go to the new client without requiring a game name. Also fixed an issue with scheduled tourney games starting on the old server by mistake.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

You da man!!!!

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I still cannot connect to the server. I'm currently in an hotel, and they may have some firewall. What is the protocol in situations like this? I already wrote to my opponents telling them that I cannot access our matches. i hope they understand.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently custom pics aren't working yet https://fumbbl.com/p/blog?c=Crook666&id=16213

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Match reports list inducements for the wrong team. I was the underdog in this game, not Brasky.
Niebling

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Niebling wrote:
Might be off topic, but been away for a while, so this update sounds great Smile

So any chance that we can play blood bowl from our Ipads soon? Smile

No. The new client switched the communication protocol from a custom binary format to (compressed) JSON. While this theoretically makes it possible to do a HTML5 client, to actually do that requires a complete rewrite of the app. While this isn't completely off the table, it's a long-term project and certainly won't be "soon".

<3 thx for the reply, ill await that day, and now ill just be so very very happy that we are getting resurrection format! I think I wrote to you 3 years ago? and asked for this and you told me it was in the pipelines Smile and now its already here! so happy, that will pull me back to fumbbl for sure Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

@mrt1212: I don't understand - in the game you linked the inducements ARE listed on your side?
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
@mrt1212: I don't understand - in the game you linked the inducements ARE listed on your side?

Check the TVs and the value next to Brasky's.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 09:27
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

@mrt1212: Yeah, I noticed that when reading your blog but have only just come to mention it. They work fine, but are listed as being added to the wrong team in the header.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
huff

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

so if replays with new client wont work for you, then is it a problem with your machine/java? or is it normal? no energy to play but went to check out a couple replays and it no go.
huff

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

huff wrote:
so if replays with new client wont work for you, then is it a problem with your machine/java? or is it normal? no energy to play but went to check out a couple replays and it no go.

nevermind.. just specced a current game and it updated, im sure i can watch past replays (on new client) now.
 Jump to: