49 coaches online • Server time: 23:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you want to have the choice to always pick one of the Hive Mind's two most commen skills?
Yes, it makes team building way more interesting.
16%
 16%  [ 37 ]
No, let's keep it straight and always take the most common skill.
9%
 9%  [ 20 ]
I'm totally fine with either.
5%
 5%  [ 12 ]
I don't like either option.
2%
 2%  [ 6 ]
Resistance is futile.
34%
 34%  [ 76 ]
Can we assimilate pie? It would make being a drone so much more comfortable...
31%
 31%  [ 69 ]
Total Votes : 220

Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Borg technology not only uses the "hull" of a body, but also its brain, nervous system etc. - and that's why I cannot imagine how for example undead creatures should be assimilated. They are magically animated (even if they have a soul, like - if I remember correctly - Wights for example) and I assume Borg can't assimilate magic.

Or, let's put it this way: You must try way harder to convince me assimilation works against everything! Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

My only point is: keep it simple.
If this doesn't convince you, that's cool for me. As I said, this is how I would have done it, if this was my BBQ. As it isn't, we do it your way Wink

Neither a problem nor a reason for resentments for me.

Topic: divided assimilation records. Same point: Keep it simple. One list to rule them all and stuff. As THIS is my BBQ, you need to try way harder to convience me to change it Razz

Borg justice!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by FRSHMN on Nov 24, 2014 - 19:47; edited 2 times in total
gjopie

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to be clear, all we are talking about here is pretending the undead bodies are reanimated as borg drones? Skills are, and have been, assimilated from everyone?

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
I think Borg technology not only uses the "hull" of a body, but also its brain, nervous system etc. - and that's why I cannot imagine how for example undead creatures should be assimilated. They are magically animated (even if they have a soul, like - if I remember correctly - Wights for example) and I assume Borg can't assimilate magic.

Or, let's put it this way: You must try way harder to convince me assimilation works against everything! Wink

Trying to assign fluff between sci-fi and fantasy football? Good luck with that!

Im with FRSHMN, keep it simple and allow assimilation of undead!

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2014 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

m0gw41 wrote:
The biological entity formerly known as youry was partially assimilated during this encounter.

By instance I can't load the replay. Anyone with problems doing so?
Until I know better, I take "default halfling #1 red" to represent the kill under Assimilation Records.
FRSHMN

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Report from Ranked Invasion Cube 001 encounter #15

Ranked Invasion Cube 001 made contact with new species: Wood Elf.

Information acquired: Another subspecies of Species Elf, these entities were incredible fast. They attacked our drones with some kind of guerilla tactics and have been gone before we could organize counter attacks.

Threat assessment: Low. Subjects acted like a swarm, spreading our forces and attacking where our defense was weakest. Nevertheless attacks had little effect. Our attacks did have, but even at minimal numbers opponent remained highly efficient.

Special events: Six of Sixteen suffered a malfunction in one of its three power modules and had to be permanently de-activated. After the encounter it was recycled and one of its still operating power modules was attached to Eleven of Sixteen.

Complete data records of the encounter can be found here.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hive Mind News

#25141124-342774-01: Collective has lost contact to Testing Invasion Cubes 001 to 006 on 25141123. No reports had indicated a problem when the connection to all six cubes ceased simultaneously. Cubes sent to investigate were not able to find the Testing sector. Currently no causal explanation available. Testing Invasion Cubes 001 to 006 are considered lost.

#25141124-342774-02: Analysis of the various newly discovered species indicates that all of them will become available for assimilation eventually. Some will need time. Time is meaningless. Borg will succeed. Resistance is futile.

Last edited by Rabe on Nov 25, 2014 - 01:34; edited 3 times in total
ilpars

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Report from Ranked Invasion Cube 007 encounter #3

Information acquired: Human species from subgroup Norse has been contacted. Subjects had low armor but high usage of skill block.

Threat assessment: High. Mass usage of Block skill make subjects very dangerous.

Assimilation: One subject with Block skill successfully assimilated.

Full Report: https://fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3624653
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hive Mind Updated!

Block is on top of the list again.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Rabe wrote:
I know PainState has already graciously given away an elf body with nothing in return (that I'm aware of).

Blackbox Invasion Cube 009 belongs to the Collective. The needs of the Collective outweigh the needs of Blackbox Invasion Cube 009. Excess drone proto-material shall be transferred to other Cubes on request.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

OOC: Well, I'd like to keep it as it is for a simple reason: I don't want people to feel robbed. What if someone doesn't have the money to hire a Renegade/Big Guy right after he acquired a suitable body? What if he has an injured one, but wants to keep him around for a game or two? What if someone is about to lose one of those, only he doesn't know yet? Especially if it's one of those coaches who play less frequently and therefor rarely has the chance to get all the Renegades/Big Guys he'd like to have?
Plus, there would be no need to collect bodies locally. I like that aspect though, as the Cubes share the constant connection through the Hive Mind, but they don't have "physical" contact of the same amount at all.

Of course you are right fluff-wise. But explanations why a body cannot be delivered right now are easy to find.

And finally, coaches giving the bodies away strengthens the bond on coach level, the atmosphere of the (meta) group - taking them doesn't (in my opinion).

In the comment quoted above I was not speaking "in character" of course - there's no such thing as generosity within the Borg collective. No need for it. Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Assimilation Records updated. We welcome the Norse Lineman assimilated by Ranked Invasion Cube 007.

Again, I can't watch the replay, so generic Norse Lineman #1 it is.
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 06:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked Invasion Cube 012 mission #2

We intercept another ship and run across another species of beings they call Elves. These ones were faster though and had 2 that wore their hair in mohawk fashion and were leaping all over the place.

At first we were discombobulated by their speed but eventually adapted tot heir ways and started to apply the boot...This species of elves wilts under the boot just like the other one.

We managed to kill one of the mohawk elves but his body was transported away before we could collect him. This species seems to guard them above all other elves.

No assimilations but have determined that their speed can be countered with a heavy dose of the foul button.

We move on searching out more of these elves species. The data base says there are 2 more we have not encountered yet.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 09:24
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Is testing now officially over? I wondered if it's coming back or whether that's it for now.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2014 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer and Kalimar have (both, I think) stated that testing is over for now. Actually, our live server IS the former testing server. They said a new testing server will be set up when needed.

I'll keep my Testing Cube as long as the team slot limit permits. Maybe it'll be of use again at some point in the future.

Jump to: