70 coaches online • Server time: 21:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would a sane skaven coach take a Rogre to a resurrection tourney?
Yes - have some
70%
 70%  [ 14 ]
No freakin' way!
25%
 25%  [ 5 ]
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

dfunkateer

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2014 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Yo yo yo,

I'm going to the NAFC next year (1,100k, 6 games, resurrection tourney, star players etc) and taking Skaven. Should I take a Rogre?

Skills: 3 normal skills added before game 1, 2 normal skills and 1 double added before game 4.

Dfunk

Disclaimer: I am fully aware that there probably isn't a right or wrong answer to this and it's all down to play-style, personal choice blah blah blah, I just wanted to see if there's a general consensus as I seem to lack the ability to decide for myself.

Last edited by dfunkateer on Nov 26, 2014 - 12:46; edited 2 times in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2014 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

How many skills do you get, do you get a free double? If so then yes and give the Rogre block.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2014 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

TV110. 3 skills on day one (no double), 3 skills on day two (one double).

There is not total agreement on whether to take the Rat Ogre or not in this format. But I am in the "you always should" camp. Jimjimany (world #1) used to play them a lot and described the team as just "a Rat Ogre delivery system". And often, if your opponent has protection against Strip Ball schenanigans the RO is all you have. I know that Flix (another great tabletop coach) rarely uses the RO. But I'm not sure if that is because German tournament tend to be of lower TV.

The decision if you take him is whether to day one Juggs or wait for day two Block. The benefit of the former is that you can take the Guard Gutter Runner for the extremely useful 3 Guard roster.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2014 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Test it in the Road to the NAFC!

(I'd take him)
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2014 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Test it in the Road to the NAFC!

(I'd take him)

There you go, Joemanji and Purplegoo would take him. I think that's thread closed. They are World Cup winners after all Wink

Now stop being lazy Dfunk... you bum, get painting Wink

On a more serious note I have it on good authority that these TT tourney chaps are very generous and someone would likely let you borrow their rat ogre for the tournament.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2014 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I call shenaningans. dFunk is going to mind meld with those poor innocent coaches and steal their tactical knowhow. All he'll leave behind is a faint scent of whippets and a desire to do things with pigeons in sheds. On no account should anyone read this thread in case he tries the same thing on you.
Now where's me flat cap, there's trouble at t'mill.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2014 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Without a Rat Ogre, your team has it's number of options in a turn reduced..

..Greatly!

Jump to: