28 coaches online • Server time: 10:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which is the best?
Rocky
27%
 27%  [ 19 ]
Rocky 3
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Rocky 4
11%
 11%  [ 8 ]
First Blood
25%
 25%  [ 18 ]
First Blood Part 2: Rambo
15%
 15%  [ 11 ]
Rambo
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 70

Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

roante wrote:
Just a slight modification request: please mark the middle of the halfes! It is great for initial positioning and to find where to kick the ball (se the EuroBowl pitches there is always a bone-skull-something there).

User Settings >> Pitch >> Pitch markings >> pitch markings on
At least something...

but perhaps it's a good idea to add other pitch markings
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Just ctrl + click on the pitch, then type what ever you like.

I usually do this at the start of the game to mark out where 6 squares from the end zone is

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
there is an option in the client to use the default pitch if in the future you are playing on a pitch that disagrees with you. There is also an option to switch to basic. Which is just a green rectangle with dots, for the really grumpy out there Razz

That said do give the new pitches a chance, as I suspect its more just what you are used to. For me personally I find the FC really easy on the eyes. But each to there own Smile

oh and did you think the Box pitch was dark too, or just the FC?

Yep yep, that is all understood and well publicised, and I will give them a fair shake.

Yes, I thought the B one was a touch dark too. But perhaps I shall warm to it.

All in all, great job everyone. Super creativity. If I one day get the icons I like on the pitch I end up enjoying the most; perfect Blood Bowl (I thought you'd miss it if I didn't get grumpy over that). Wink
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Just ctrl + click on the pitch, then type what ever you like.

I usually do this at the start of the game to mark out where 6 squares from the end zone is

why haven't I done this before? Shocked
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Ideas for pitches: I'd love to see a goblin one strewn with bomb pock marks and saw gashes. Also a Halfling one that's uneven (hilly)!

WE pitch in a glade with autumn leaves on the ground.

snotling pitch with pumpwagon wheel tracks and toadstools all over the pitch
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Pitches too dark comments surprise me. Why are dark pitches a problem compared to a light pitch? I play on various pitches all the time. Complex pitches, pitches in the same colours as the icons I can understand.....dark pitches?!
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Because you can't see the detail of the pitch. There's no point having a lovely textured surface that's totally obscured by being too dark. You could have a completely black obsidian surface and still have it be bright and clear in terms of the image.

(I don't think the box pitch is too dark btw. It's also very cool)

Last edited by King_Ghidra on %b %27, %2014 - %23:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

started work on a speedball pitch for the lols Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't like the pitch cos I thought it was so dark it was either unrealistic or a night match + what KG said. Not really a big deal but there you go. Then I found it difficult to tell whether the Nurgz had taken an action or not. Gosh Speedball 2 pitch!?!

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Gosh Speedball 2 pitch!?!

oh, the nostalgia... Rolling Eyes
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I was also thinking of doing a speedball pitch. The sprites would really suit a pitch that is oversized.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2014 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
I didn't like the pitch cos I thought it was so dark it was either unrealistic or a night match + what KG said. Not really a big deal but there you go.

Well its a shame you're not a fan of the FC pitch. The idea of the darker grass was to make it look lush more well kept and so on. I wish I could see what it looks like on other peoples monitors though, to see if it does look different. I have a Mac so the monitor is excellent and it is not so dark detail is lost on mine, in fact I personally found that the players stood out more and the detail was quite clear (though the FC one is quite basic). I will pinch my Mrs laptop when I get the chance so I can try and see what it looks like on a different display.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2014 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Well its a shame you're not a fan of the FC pitch. The idea of the darker grass was to make it look lush more well kept and so on.

I haven't seen it ( I think), can it be seen in replays? or only live games?
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2014 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

only live games. I just tried that. The Blackbox one definitely isn't dark mind, so that is almost certainly their monitor issue if people think its dark. The FC one is darker by design though. I just need to try and watch a game to see if it is problematic or just that people aren't used to it which I suspect is the case. Though the feedback on the whole has been very positive, and I haven't heard anything negative from the people playing on the FC pitch. So its tough to say.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2014 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking of only having one '2 point' globe as the centre.

You could have some pretty cool special rules. There used to be a cool speed ball league here on FUMBBL.
 Jump to: