25 coaches online • Server time: 05:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2014 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I heard through the grapevine that these Dirty Trick cards are game breakers, better than a wizard in most cases and insert so much randomness of the game breaking nature that coaches are fainting in their chairs if they have to play against a team with 2 or more of these cards.

So why are the TV favorites not transferring 50K into petty cash and grabbing one of these uber game changing cards? Do you live in that much fear of giving your TV underdog foe and extra 50K to play with? Are you spineless and not hearing what Iam hearing that for 50K you have a great chance of drawing a game changing card that could be more powerful than a wizard for 150K?

Why are you sitting on your cash? Transfer 50K and get a card man.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2014 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

just did last match, was fun.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2014 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
So, I heard through the grapevine that these Dirty Trick cards are game breakers, better than a wizard in most cases

Your grape vine tells lies. Nothing is better than a wizard. Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2014 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
PainState wrote:
So, I heard through the grapevine that these Dirty Trick cards are game breakers, better than a wizard in most cases

So, by that logic, why do you not transfer 150K into petty cash and get a wizard when you are the TV favorite?

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2014 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Because I prefer to play blood bowl not wizard bowl.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2014 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

wizzard bowl rocks

more seriously, some dirty tricks are good, others less so. it's a crapshoot for crap.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2014 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Garion wrote:
PainState wrote:

So, by that logic, why do you not transfer 150K into petty cash and get a wizard when you are the TV favorite?

This is a pretty standard tactic in tournaments if you have the cash and are already over 150TV favourite.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2014 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
wizzard bowl rocks

more seriously, some dirty tricks are good, others less so. it's a crapshoot for crap.

everyones favourite tree troll has it spot on Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2014 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
PainState wrote:

And nothing is worse to roll 1 with Lightning Wink
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2014 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Petty Cash is a jinx for me, unless I'm a big favorite splashing for a Wizard against a slow team. Any more than the most basic or obvious gaming for TV (cutting the guy I might have fired anyway) comes back to bite me in the butt.

Dirty Tricks make cash worse, btw. They increase the number of viable inducements, giving oppo more to spend on that petty cash money. They also add chaos to the game, which is not good if you're the favorite anyway.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2014 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Because pro elves are squishy.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2014 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
...and insert so much randomness of the game breaking nature...

So why are the TV favorites not transferring 50K into petty cash and grabbing one of these uber game changing cards?

Um - sorry, just a guess here - because you're being an idiot, and just answered your own question but don't realize it?

Why would a TV favorite want to give their opponent an extra card, and so insert ~more~ randomness into a game they should win if things are not "too random"? Rolling Eyes

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2014 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

DeMaio "Drok it! 60k gets bombs!!!"

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2014 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
[ because you're being an idiot

LOL..Smeat wins...I will remain silent on all advice for Blood Bowl for one month, which is my time out period for asking questions.

Arktoris does bring up a good point though for norse teams...WHY are you not transferring 60K for the best star player in the game?

Plus...I do not want to become distracted on my run to win the FUMBBL Cup..so Smeat is probably right in the end. Just shut up, win the stinking FC and move on.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2014 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Because people like their monies to be in their bank account. Especially if spending it also gives your opponent free monies..