40 coaches online • Server time: 15:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which is the best Christmas film ever?
Jingle all the way
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
Its a wonderful life
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
Elf
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Santa Clause the movie
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Nightmare Before Christmas
11%
 11%  [ 11 ]
Scrouged
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
Muppets Christmas Carol
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
Die Hard
50%
 50%  [ 46 ]
Leathal Weapon
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 92

Joemanji

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

... which is a really sad state of affairs. There was an argument for Stand Firm being the #1 skill back in the "free dodge" days.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Joemanji wrote:
... which is a really sad state of affairs. There was an argument for Stand Firm being the #1 skill back in the "free dodge" days.

ye, it must have been awesome... too bad that that tournament option doesn't work.
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
Joemanji wrote:

ye, it must have been awesome... too bad that that tournament option doesn't work.

Although I loved that skill and miss it a lot. It just wouldn't work anyway in this edition because it was a trait then so a double for S access players and elves couldn't have it, imagine elves with lrb4 stand firm yikes!!!!

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah that wouldn't work. Maybe if it was split out into two parts like Foul Appearance and the free dodge became a "saving roll" based on ST.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah in my rules I have stand firm with its current use. But I also have something called legendary traits. These are gained as the 7th skill. Because in my rules tv works like this with skill ups - 20 20 30 30 40 40 (also note that FF cannot be purchased and does not count towards TV). A player gains a free legendary skill once they hit legend. so that making legends is still worth it and comes with a treat. So if a player has diving tackle it becomes level 2 called Dirty Tackle like in 2nd edition (rules are the same as diving tackle but you get +1 to either Av or injury if a player is knocked over). Pro turns in to Lucky (again like 2nd ed) meaning its a 3+ to pass the pro roll. Prehensile Tail level 2 becomes Mace Tail, foul appearance hideous appearance and so on and so on. One of those legendary traits is Stand Firm level 2 which is a St roll when failed a dodge so St 3 needs a 4+, st4 3+ st 5 2+ pass the roll and they stay standing.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
where is the stand firm love?

well when a man gets to a certain age it's not always as easy to stand firm as it used to be...
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

If POMB were nerfed, SF would become a popular late skill because Guardspam is next in line after POMB for the cheesiest style, and Guardspam likes SF, or would if not for POMB.

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion what is level 2 piling on? The mind boggles :S

I imagine that your rules have adjusted its effectiveness already but thinking about a more effective form of piling on brought me out in a cold sweat.
Kalessin

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I've met few dwarven teams in the box which spammed Guard and Stand Firm... pretty annoying little f**rs they were. Great combo.
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
Garion what is level 2 piling on? The mind boggles :S

I imagine that your rules have adjusted its effectiveness already but thinking about a more effective form of piling on brought me out in a cold sweat.

Not every skill has a Legendary Trait equivalent, there are 2 from each skill category. e.g. Agility ones are - Sure feet level 2 is sprint, the reason I removed this from the normal skills you can obtain through levelling up is it removes the natural one turner which is an even more absurd part of the game than PO. It means that to get one you have to reach Legend and as TV increase is accumulative you really have to pay for your natural one turn TD player.

I cba to explain all of them right now but basically its like this -

Agility
Sure Feet - Sprint (as above)
Diving Tackle - Dirty Tackle (as above)

General
Pro - Lucky(pro roll now 3+)
Fend - Distract

Strength
Stand Firm - (can't remember what I called level 2 right now, works as above)

Passing
NoS - (again can't remember right now what I called the level2 but it had the same effect as big hand)

Mutation
Foul Appearance - Hideous Appearance (3+ to hit this player)
Prehensile Tail - Mace tail

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 17:29
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

It will, however, be a loooong time before the ability to create your own skills gets here, if it ever does. The amount of work would be staggering. Maybe with custom rosters though the ability to set your own skill categories could be introduced? That would be ace.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
ErobererZim

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Al ready

Bad Santa is the best X-Mas Movie.

And I love Stand Firm, it helps alot.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

How the hell is A Christmas Story not on the list?

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 18:12
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I think I'm correct, but wanted to check. If a player has SF, SS and Fend is that the order the pop ups go? I'd assume so as SF negates the others.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2014 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes that's correct