9 coaches online • Server time: 06:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2014 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
koadah wrote:
All of these should be working now.

Fouling +1 to armour roll (when not intefered with).
Claw does not stack with other skills that modify armour rolls.
Piling On allows coach to reroll injury only.
Right Stuff prevents the Tackle skill when blocked. doesn't work to be confirmed
Sneaky Git functions like Guard on foul assists. probably to be confirmed
Banned sneaky git players are sent to the KO box instead.

We'll be applying them on the Open [L]eague Cup. Wink

are they all confirmed now?

Yep.

As long as the commish does not foul things up.

'configuring' can wipe out your options. Check your options are still there after configuring.

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2014 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a big list of stuff that would require client side and site side stuff but why not throw it in there as stuff people should have the option of doing.

Team Roster, Starting Lineup, Warmup Bench

Team Roster
Normal: You're only able to choose up to 16 players total for your team roster

Option: You're able to purchase up to twice the number of normally allowed positionals, and unlimited ammount of 0-16 players.

Example: A Human team may purchase up to 8 blitzers, 8 catchers, 2 ogres, 4 throwers, and any number of linemen.

Starting Lineup

Normal: There is no starting lineup currently, your full team roster is used to choose your available players for every game.

Option: You may select 1 to 16 players from your Team Roster for your Starting Lineup. Every player on your Starting Lineup is worth their full TV value for calculating inducements. If you select less than 11 players you may bring the total players up to 11 using Journeymen (although this will have consequences later on if you are able to field 11 or more players). You may not choose more positionals of a single type in your Starting Lineup than would currently be allowed on your Team Roster.

Example: A Human team might have 8 blitzers on their Team Roster, but may only select up to 4 of them for their Starting Lineup.

Warm-up Bench

Normal: There is no mechanic for this yet in the rules.

Option: You may select up to 8 players for your warmup bench. Positional limitations are half the current maximum allowed, to a minimum of 1 for players that have a 0-1 position type. Players selected for the Warm-up Bench are worth Half their total TV for calculating inducements.

A player selected for the warmup bench may replace a player of their position that has been removed from the game due to injury at the start of the second half of the game, and any kick-off that happens afterwards. A linemen may fill in for any position

Example: A Human Team may select up to 2 blitzers for their Warm-up Bench. If they select 4 blitzers for their Starting Lineup, and 2 on their Warm-up Bench, the following could happen. If the team has only lost 1 blitzer by the start of the second half, it may replace that player with 1 from the Warm-up Bench, even if other players had been removed from the game from other positions. If more blitzers are then removed and another kick off happens, the remaining blitzer may be selected from the Warm-up Bench.

But if 3 blitzers had been removed from the game, the 2 blitzers in the Warm-up Bench may be placed in the game, while a lineman may replace the third.

FAME & Winnings, Fan Factor
FAME & Winnings
Normal: Currently winnings are 1d6 + fame, and a reroll if you win

Option: Winnings are determined by five times the fans rolled when rolling for FAME (or, I like to times by 10 and divide in half). If one team chooses to field any ammount of journeymen while still being capable of fielding 11 or more players, they roll 1d6 for FAME and do not add their Fan Factor, as the fans are outraged by their favorite players not even coming to the stadium.

The winner of the game earns 2/3 of the winnings while the loser earns 1/3 of the winnings. Both players gain 1/2 of the winnings if the result is a tie. All fractions are rounded off as the referees, stadium owners, and support staff will skim from the top.

Example: Team A has 4 Fan Factor and rolls 8 from their 2d6. The fans that came out for them is 12,000

Team B has 7 Fan Factor, and rolls 6 from their 2d6. The fans that come out for them is 13,000.

The total number of fans is 25,000. So there is 125,000 gold available as winnings. 41,000 gold for the loser, 83,000 gold for the winner. 62,000 gold if a tie. (Damn support staff, refs, and stadium owners from skimming from your fractional winnings!)

Fan Factor
Normal: Gaining or losing Fan Factor is mainly based on whether you win or lose your match. Either 2d6 or 3d6 is rolled and compared to your current Fan Factor.

Option: Each player rolls 1d6, plus 1d6 for every point of difference in touchdowns scored.

The winner, or both players (if a tie) will gain 1 point in Fan Factor if they roll higher than their current Fan Factor. (No fans join a team for a tie unless they have very few fans to begin with)

The loser will lose 1 point of Fan Factor if any of the dice rolled are come up as a 1 or 2.

Example: Team A scores 4 touchdowns, Team B scores 2 touchdowns. So both players roll 3d6. Coach A rolls an 8, which is higher than Team A's Fan Factor of 4, so they gain a point. Team B rolls a 3,6 & 4 so their Fan Factor stays 7.

If it was a tie, both players would roll a 1d6. Player A would gain one point of Fan Factor if they roll a 5 or 6, and Player B would not be able to gain a point of Fan Factor at all, but would not lose any.

Gaining & Removing Skills, Players Gaining TV
Gaining & Removing Skills
Normal: Players roll roll 2d6 to determine the type of skill or stat increase they can choose. Also, normally players may not choose secret weapons, boo!

Option: A player that rolls a 'double' may choose to remove one skill they may find to be negative, such as loner, really stupid, always hungry, secret weapon, etc. This costs the same TV as choosing a skill that would require the double roll.

Linemen in particular than rise to high glory if they roll a 12 and choose to gain a point in strength, an 11 and gain a point of agility, or a 10 and gain a point in movement or armor. But now, a lineman may sink to the dark side of glory by choosing a secret weapon when they roll a 2, 3, or 4 on their skill roll.

A lineman that takes a secret weapon gains the secret weapon skill, and may choose either the chainsaw, bombadier, or ball & chain skills. You may instead take the stab, or stakes skills without the secret weapon skill as these weapons are easier to hide.

Gaining a secret weapon of any type increases the players TV by the same as gaining a point of move/armor.

Example: A human lineman rolls 3 for their skill roll, they decide to join the fun side of the game and gain the chainsaw and secret weapon skills for a TV increase same as a point of move.

If this same human lineman gains another skill roll, and rolls a double, you could then remove the secret weapon skill from this player.

If the human lineman took stab, they would not have the secret weapon skill and could spend their double skill on something else.

The Ogre on this human team rolls a double 4, you could gain a skill that requires a double roll, or they could remove a skill like loner or bonehead from their current skills.

Players Gaining TV
Normal: Every skill is a set TV value based on whether its a stat increase, normal, or double skill.

Option: Player skills are based on how many total skills the player has gained so far.

Starting with the first skill, and ending with the sixth skill, the TV of gaining each skill would be changed to this:
5, 35, 40, 30, 20, 20

If any of the skills is a double, add 5 to the value. If you are adding a point of move/armor, add 10. If you are adding a point of agility, add 20. If you are adding a point of strength, add 30.

Example:
A player under the current rules would gain 120 to their TV by having six normal skills. A player in this new system would gain 150 to their TV

Players with one skill are worth less than before, players with 2 are worth the same, players with 3+ are worth more. But players who gain a 5th and 6th skill are usually just topping out their choices of skills and are usually about as effective as those with 4 skills, so the gain in TV is reduced.

Gaining a point of a stat is worth less TV as a first skill, but will balance out near the end if the player survives long enough. As an example, if a player takes +st as a 5th or 6th skill, it will still add +50 to the TV of the player, but as a 1st skill it only adds +35, while +st as a 2nd skill will add +65 (because a player with block gaining st is more effective than a player without block who has st and who is trying to survive to get block).

Kick Off Table
Kick Off Table
Normal: well we all know about this.

Option: I would combine the Blitz!, and Quick Snap! results on the kick off table.

There would be a dice roll between the two coaches to see who wins, if the defence wins its a Quick Snap! If the offence wins its a blitz!

I would also combine the High Kick and Perfect Defense results on the kick off table. Again a roll off would be used to determine whether the defense gets a perfect defence or the offence gets a high kick.

Support Staff

I have more to say about this, I will add it in later.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see an option:

* Maximum Team Value for Fan Factor: [] k (default 1000k which basically sets it to unlimited)

(+ maybe options alike for coaching staff)

Last edited by SzieberthAdam on %b %02, %2015 - %15:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 15:43
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Best option for me, either via the site or the client (I think it could be done with either) is the ability to remove negatraits on a double. Including loner, one trait per double. Lustless vamps, clear thinking trolls. Beautiful

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
sonrises

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2014 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

1. INTRODUCTION

Hi all,

Since Christer announced plans to bring "Full Customization" into FUMBBL, i have been really excited about it. Apparently, "Full Customization" will not be available anytime soon yet. However, planning seems to be running and the project high in FUMBBL's agenda.

Customization is not new to FUMBBL. The current client has a good number of options in place that allow League comishs to experiment with customization. For instance, i run 2 leagues, ALL STARS and LEAGUE OF LEGENDS, where i use many of the options available. Other leagues around FUMBBL twist their rulesets too. Good examples are CBBA 7's, RUSH & PASS, GRIND, InfBOWL and OLC to mention some. Besides, we have Garion's SECRET LEAGUE waiting for "Full customization" to become a reality.
Finnaly, and while writing these lines, the Rulepack for the ROAD TO THE NAF has been released. This rulepack has interesting elements that add up to this discussion.

As a current "end user" of customization, i wondered at some point if the site would be interested in "end user" feedback for the "Customization" project. So, i decided to contact site members and ask. The answer was positive and i was told to use this forum to post any suggestions/feedback.
I am aware that suggestions from an "end user" point of view may not be viable from a "technical" point of view or due to lack of resources. So, i hope not to be too much of a "dreamer" and write something useful too Wink.

2. SETTING THE AGENDA

When planning this piece of writing, i thought to just go ahead with suggestions based only on my own experience twisting the ruleset or playing around with current client options for customization. However, on second thoughts, it came to my mind that it would be interesting to check out what other leagues were doing in this respect. And the outcome of this little research has been really interesting, imho.

Therefore, i selected a number of Leagues as a sample of current customization in FUMBBL. I checked what they do in a number of areas and from there, i will adventure into developing "end user" suggestions for the "Customization" project.

AGENDA: This is a draft for the agenda. This may suffer changes as i go along. I will tackle a maximum of 2 points in the agenda in one go, so that i don't make an ultra-massive wall of writing!. This is the plan, quite challenging, let's see if i get to the end Wink

1. Formations
2. Rosters Size
3. Races
4. House rules
5. Skills management
6. Rosters: extended slots
7. Team page options & Inducements
8. Full Customization

FINAL NOTE: I will create links to the leagues quoted and other relevent quotes for your own reference. You can click on anything underlined in blue (except this one!!).

3. DISCUSSING THE AGENDA

1. Formations

Default client settings:

* A maximum of 2 players may be set up in each wide zone.
* A maximum of 11 players may be set up on the field.
* A minimum of 3 players must be set up on the Line of Scrimmage.

Current Options available:

Current client allows to change the default settings greatly. Once a comish starts a tournament, he can choose how many players may be set up on the field, in each wide zone or on the Line of Scrimmage by writing a number in a dialogue box.

Examples in League Division:

There are currently 2 Leagues adjusting formations by using the client options available.

CBBA 7's

* Maximum 7 players on the Pitch
* Minimum 2 players on LOS
* No Players in Widezones at Set Up

GRIND

* Players on Field: Grind is played 8-a-side
* Players on LoS: There is a 4 man line of scrimmage
* Players in Wide Zone: Set to unlimited

My view:

Client allows comishs to choose their formation as an "open" option which is ideal. By "open" i mean that you are not restricted to choose "yes" or "not" as in other options available in the current client (as we will see as we go along with this exercise in the following days).
An example of "yes/no" options would be "right stuff prevents tackle skill, yes or no/activate or no activate?"
In an "open" option as the one currently available in the client, comishs can test/experiment with a wide range of set ups for formations. Perfect.

xxx

Next item to analyse in following days: Rosters size

o/

Last edited by sonrises on %b %02, %2015 - %18:%Jan; edited 2 times in total
sonrises

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2014 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

2. Rosters Size

Default client settings:

* A maximum of 16 men rosters.

No "direct" options available. Rosters size are limeted to a "fix" maximum of 16 men per roster.
However, comishs have an "indirect" option to enforce rosters sizes below 16 men. When a coach applies to a league, the comish has the option to "accept/deny" a team membership when at the members screen. Comishs can check a team's build up before accepting the team.
To go above 16 men is not possible.

CBBA 7's

* Varies from 8 to 12 maximum players per roster.

My view:

Below 16 men rosters: There is not "direct/automatic" option for this in the current client. However, this can be easily enforced by league comishs through "accept/deny" option at the application stage or by own ruling afterwards. I can not see the need for an "automatic" option for this. A "fix" 16 men roster acts somehow as an "open" option for leagues willing to set up maximum rosters below 16 players. it will need comishs intervention and follow up to ensure those rules are applied. Good as it is in my opinion.

Above 16 men rosters: Not possible at the moment. It wouldn't be one of my priorities at all but quite low in the agenda instead. ALL STARS has minimum rosters of 13 players in an 11 on the field environment. This means that it is quite likely that teams have 16 players rosters. In this particular environment (minimum 13 players rosters + free babes and apo's etc..), we have found out that 16 men rosters are more than enough to nearly guarantee 11 on the field each drive.
However, i remember reading in a forum that someone advocated for larger rosters than 16 men. I can't remember where or who wrote that and what the rationale behind it was.
16 players is a good number that give comishs plenty of room to operate. So, larger rosters wouldn't be a priority for me but could be defended and argumented by other comishs.

xxx

Next item to analyse in following days: Races

o/
sonrises

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2015 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

3. Races

Default client settings:

* 24 CRP rosters + simyin

No "direct/automatic" option to limit races available. "Themed" Leagues comishs use "accept/deny" option and own ruling to limit races available.
Simyin has been recently introduced in League division. Symyin roster option is "automatic". Set as default in League division.

Many "Themed" Leagues around FUMBBL. As an example from the selected sample of Leagues:

CBBA 7's

* Elf, High Elf, Human, Wood Elf, Halfling, Norse and Dwarf

GRIND

* Unlimited Human. Limited numbers of Orc, Dwarf, Pro Elf and Skaven

RUSH & PASS

* All 4 Elf teams, Amazons, Chaos Pact, Humans, Lizardmen, Simyins, Skaven, Slann, Underworld and Vampire

My view:

Leagues aiming at limiting the number of races available have "accept/deny" option and own ruling to enforce this. Good as it is in my opinion.

Another subject would be if more races could be made available to League comishs. I don't mean to have at your disposal a race/team editor where you could edit players and rosters at free will. This would be a "dream" scenario for "Full Customization". I mean something in between, but still a big step forward into "Customization".

Let's explain it with an example:

Official FUMBBL rosters:

24 CRP Rosters + Simyin
16 Stunty Rosters

Other rosters in the site:

71 SECRET LEAGUE Rosters

Combining CRP + Simyins + Stunty Rosters will result in 41 races available to League comishs. Big potential for "Mix-Themed" fluffy Leagues and so on. Besides, stunty "only" teams leagues would become possible. From an "end user" point of view this is a "yes baby, bring it on".
In the event that "Secret League" rosters could become "openly-available" to all League FUMBBL comishs, wow! 112 rosters to choose from!

Note: Secret League is the result of the effort of small group of people. I would understand perfectly that rosters could not be freely available to all comishs even though "technically" possible.

xxx

Next item to analyse in following days: House Rules

Last edited by sonrises on %b %01, %2015 - %18:%Jan; edited 3 times in total
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2015 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't secret league 73 teams?
sonrises

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2015 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

i counted again and i make 68 now. Let's say a lot :DDD
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2015 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, wait. I think i counted elementals as 4, that makes it 71 if you want Wink
sonrises

Post   Posted: Jan 01, 2015 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

deal! 71 then! Mr. Green

o/
sonrises

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2015 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

4. House Rules

What do we mean by House rules?:

It is very difficult to find a definition for House Rule, at least for me!.
After a few tries i have just given up. By House rule, i mean a particular set of options that are closely related to "in game" rules/options that differs from the official ruleset.
Mmmmm, makes no sense like this. Let's try again. I mean things like creating new skills, change a skill description, recover skills or options from past rulesets, modifying events like kick-off table, spirialing expenses, bank rules...

Default client settings:

* CRP Ruleset

There are quite a few House Rules available in the current client. Most of them are "closed" options (activate/no activate). Most of them work perfectly although one or two may be bugged (not sure).

House Rules available:

* Fouling:
is done with +1 to armour roll
is done with +1 to armour roll when the fouling player is not interfered

* Sneaky Git:
functions like Guard on foul assists
Banned sneaky git players are sent to the KO box instead

* A spiked ball is used for play. Any failed pickup or catch roll results in the player being stabbed.

* Claw does not stack with other skills that modify armour rolls.

* Piling On:
allows coach to reroll armour rolls
allows coach to reroll injury rolls
does not stack with other skills that modify armour or injury rolls
player is knocked out when rolling a double on armour or injury rolls

* Right Stuff prevents the Tackle skill when blocked

* Stand Firm: Failing to dodge ends the player's turn instead of falling over. Does not cause a turnover.

Some of these house rules may suffer from a bug. They may have been fix since last time i checked:

1. SPIKED BALL: Works well in most situations but there was some bug when the ball bounced. May have been fixed.
2. STAND FIRM: Last time i checked didn't work.
3. SNEAKY GIT: Works well in most situations except when equipping sneaky git to a secret weapon player. Secret weapon player should be sent to the KO box but it is banned of the game instead. May have been fixed.

Many leagues in FUMBBL activate House Rules. However, the 2 leagues that activate more House Rules are:

ALL STARS

1. House rules that empower FOULING are activated. This is:
** +1 to FOULING
** Sneaky Git player sent to Ko box instead
** Sneaky Git works like GUARD when fouling.
2. ALL-STARS wellcomes C-POMBERS. However, a small nerf it is applied.
** Piling On player is knocked out when rolling a double on armour or injury rolls.
Well, the guy doesn't land on a pillow!. Chances are 1/6 to be knocked out per each roll. No other C-POMB nerfs will be applied.
3. Right Stuff prevents the Tackle skill when blocked

OLC

1. Fouling +1 to armour roll.
2. Claw does not stack with other skills that modify armour rolls.
3. Piling On allows coach to reroll injury only.
4. Right Stuff prevents the Tackle skill when blocked.
5. Sneaky Git functions like Guard on foul assists.
6. Banned sneaky git players are sent to the KO box instead.

My view:

This is a tricky one. At first glance and from an "end user" point of view this should be a "yes! as many as you wish". However, it seems not to be that simple. If you read this very same thread you will notice that many of the House Rules available now were introduced by mid 2012. However, it took nearly a year to make most of them work. And one or two may still be bugged.
From reading different forums, i have learnt that introducing a "House Rule" is a complex process. New code is introduced to the game which in most cases resutls in creating a bug somewhere else. When you fix a bug, you may be creating another one too.

Interesting links:

If you are interested in knowing different proposals for House rules please check:

Plasmoids.dk. Check CRP+ section for House rules proposals. Take the chance to check other items in the site i.e NTBB: roster tweaks building on CRP+ to make more BB teams and tactics viable (this may come usefull when discussing Roster composition and skills management later on)

Check FUMBBL forums. There are lots of posts proposing House Rules. The latest going on, apart from this one you are reading, is favorite rules of yesteryear

One last thing. i checked some forums at random and i tried to break down proposals of House Rules into different categories. this is the result:

* Fouling: Different proposals about modifying fouling through different means. For my particular liking, i would propose that stunties get +1 to foul somehow.
* C-PO: Lots about new variants for Claw-Piling On.
* Remove "Nega Traits": Different proposals. One i liked was the option to remove a negatrait when rolling a double in a skill roll.
* Bring back rules from past rulesets: LRB4 seems to be quite popular. Many proposals asking for rules coming back from this particular ruleset. However, you can find other proposals coming from 2nd and 3rd edition.
* New Skills: some coaches adventure into proposing brand new skills.
* Secret Weapon: Different proposals. Most of them aimed at reducing the negatrait.
* Events: Changes in weather, kick-off tables, spirialling expenses, bank rules...

xxx

Next item to analyse in following days: Skills Management

Last edited by sonrises on %b %06, %2015 - %18:%Jan; edited 2 times in total
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2015 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to see a secret league league!!!

Make it so! Sea Elves FTW! Or Daemons of whatever. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2015 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

It's coming, someday...
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2015 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

We're gonna need more team slots...