82 coaches online • Server time: 21:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Cavetroll wrote:
licker wrote:
Cavetroll wrote:
Doesn't the inducements screen show the amount you have in your treasury?

It certainly used to. I'd assume it still does, but I never really look closely.

Same here. That might be the problem ☺️

If it does then fair enough, I didn't spot it, so I may well have compounded my mistake, but it's a rare situation for me, so I may just have never noticed it before.
Sutherlands

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Software should follow the "Principle of Least Surprise". Given that you enter an amount that you don't have, what would you expect the software to do? The most expected thing would be to return an error, and that's what the software should do. It's not a question of whether it's a coach mistake, it's a software thing. If you were in a tabletop tournament and said "I'm going to transfer 100k to my petty cash" and someone said you only have 90k, would you then say "oh well looks like I am forced to use 90k then"? No, you would go "ah crap" and then rethink what you want to do.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

nevermind.

me boneheaded.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The answer I usually get when suggesting anything is, do the math, check the bio, check the rules and the good old "stop complaining, you play here for free". Im fairly sure any of these answers would apply here as well Sad

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
The answer I usually get when suggesting anything is, do the math, check the bio, check the rules and the good old "stop complaining, you play here for free". Im fairly sure any of these answers would apply here as well Sad

I am fairly sure the answer I am taking from today's thread is don't try posting ideas in the ideas forum.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Sutherlands wrote:
Software should follow the "Principle of Least Surprise". Given that you enter an amount that you don't have, what would you expect the software to do? The most expected thing would be to return an error, and that's what the software should do. It's not a question of whether it's a coach mistake, it's a software thing. If you were in a tabletop tournament and said "I'm going to transfer 100k to my petty cash" and someone said you only have 90k, would you then say "oh well looks like I am forced to use 90k then"? No, you would go "ah crap" and then rethink what you want to do.

+1
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

aye, not being able to spend 100k doesn't suggest you want to spend everything you have instead...
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

It is no problem posting ideas. It will down to Christer & Kalimar whether they implement them or not.

This one is probably not a whole lot of work but I suppose people want to indicate what they think the priority of the work is. Considering other work that might already be on the list.

How often do people make this error?

The screen tells you how much gold you have. So it probably doesn't happen that often.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 on allowing less $ than requested/expected w/ no warning.

DukeTyrion wrote:
I am fairly sure the answer I am taking from today's thread is don't try posting ideas in the ideas forum.

No, that's Foulie's answer.

Foulie's gonna foul. Wink

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 01:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Support tickets and bug reports are the way to go. This is a good heads up to make sure coaches who do pay in for extra inducements are aware of this.
fidius

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Merry Christmas, everyone!
happygrue

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Mr_Foulscumm wrote:

I learned the same thing today in a different thread! Very Happy

It seems like a minor interface bug to me. I'd suggest filing a bug report and explain what happened. That way he'll be sure to see it and can decide what priority (if any) to put implementing it.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
Support tickets and bug reports are the way to go. This is a good heads up to make sure coaches who do pay in for extra inducements are aware of this.

That sounds correct. But I'll have to concede that posting this in a forum that has the words Bug Reports in the title can't be a horrible place to post it either.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 02:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Lorebass wrote:
...This is a good heads up to make sure coaches who do pay in for extra inducements are aware of this.

Yar, here works good too.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2014 - 08:43 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
I suppose people want to indicate what they think the priority of the work is. Considering other work that might already be on the list.

Sure but it's always the same 1-2 people who rush to these threads to complain:

"this is a waste of Crister's precious time, he already has the assignment that I care about, and you should feel ashamed for suggesting anything else!!!"

again and again and again....

Ok we get it, what about shutting up and just letting Crister and Kalimar decide what they want to spend their time on.

(btw I do not consider you one of these 1-2 people koadah Surprised )

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
 Jump to: