55 coaches online • Server time: 19:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

DE need a Hydra

6 7 1 10 160k

Really Stupid, 2 heads, Regen, MB, Loner

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro elves need red/green dragon:
6639 leap, vll, wild animal, mighty blow, thick skull, loner

High elves need ballista
44310 bombardier, strong arm, accurate, pass, secret weapon

Strength access for blitzers too! Don't know how I could've enjoyed them before leaping ag4 guards for 40k...

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

give the high elves a wyvern mounted lord?

But honestly this is silly, talking about giving the catcher NOS to start with cos it combo's well with the safe throw thrower etc. Chaos why u no start with clawpomb?! I think the real question is not how high elves can be buffed (as there are teams that need buffs more) and maybe seeing how maybe woodies can be nerfed. This is going on the post I saw earlier

Helves: Good
Delves: Good
Pelves: Good
Welves: Too Good

Make the wardancer ma7 and keep blodge leap?
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Helves are clearly worse than Delves. Plus pro is for pro elves imho, not for helves.
If you want to give pro to any elf, then replace side step with pro on pro elf blitzers.
@Woodies: I would be more than OK to increase the price of the wardancer. (And make the woodie thrower 80k instead of 90k)

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay! coming up tith unlikely roster changes is always such marvelous fun.

Semi-seriously, the blitzers could be 0-4 with M6 and some kind of defensive skill, like fend, tackle or even stand firm. This would make them the slowest, but most toe-to-toe oriented elves in the game, who need to play a careful passing game if they ever want to score quickly, because their catchers are likely to outrun their support. I would try this lineup myself, even if it isn't really much more competitive.

Or go crazy. Give them an on-pitch wizard with 5 3 4 7, disturbing presence, hypnotic gaze and maybe loner, G skill access and costing around 100kgp.
Harad

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The win ratios for most teams across most TVs seem to be about 50% (apart from the deliberately naff ones). There seems to be quite a good variety in races that win majors/minors/other tournaments. Although if others have data that can show me otherwise I'm very interested.

I would need convincing that any races particularly need nerfing or powering (although there are a couple people could easily bend my ear on). I am more in tune with changing teams to make them more interesting/different/fluffy.
Fabulander

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the dragon-idea, but it should be at least S9, take up four squares and therefore have 12 squares of tackle zone, breathe fireballs once every half and generally make a mess of the core blood bowl rules. Pro elves can take another, more circusesque version, which has a normal 1-square footprint. Because of the pogo stick, naturally.
the.tok

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry, but I can't let this slip through :

Roland wrote:
while we're at it, cut undead too, khemri and necro were going to replace them but undead are still around somehow...

Are you suggesting that mummies should be erased from the blood bowl world? Sad
They are a very unique player.
Why do they get so much hate? poor mummies Crying or Very sad

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

WHY WE NO CAN DELETE POSTS?

Last edited by Catalyst32 on %b %26, %2015 - %22:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
The win ratios for most teams across most TVs seem to be about 50% (apart from the deliberately naff ones). There seems to be quite a good variety in races that win majors/minors/other tournaments. Although if others have data that can show me otherwise I'm very interested.

I would need convincing that any races particularly need nerfing or powering (although there are a couple people could easily bend my ear on). I am more in tune with changing teams to make them more interesting/different/fluffy.

Mr_Foulscumm wrote:
Elves need a boost. Clearly they're some of the weakest teams, and don't win enough with these substandard rosters.

This thread is NOT about giving any Elves a BOOST (although some suggestions would do that). AND High Elves probably do need a boost to be Tier 1... but I don't expect everyone to agree that they SHOULD be Tier 1.
It is about giving them their own unique identities apart from each other. Most of these suggestions are ways to reshuffle the lineups to improve having a better identity for all 4 teams and keeping/making all 4 Tier 1.

Many suggestions are nerfing some aspects and buffing others. That is not necessarily a boost.
Plus... there are multiple threads dedicated to buffing or nerfing multiple other rosters.

It must just be the pro-broken combo crowd hatting on Elves again purposefully confusing the issue at hand. Hatting on Elves because they win... and they win mainly because too many coaches sell out to the broken combo that kills Dorfs and Orcs and Humans... and NOT using enough of the combo that kills Elves (that being TACKLE Block and Mighty Blow).
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

double post
Oly1987

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

high elves are crap. utter crap.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

And yet, I still love them.
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2015 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah. it's okay if high elves are Tier 2. It's even okay if they're Tier 3. There are plenty of fun teams that are worse than high elves. I started a high elf team, played six games, won five, and can't convince myself to play them again. Just "give him dodge, give him dodge, give him dodge." I think I gave a guy block once. It was the highlight of the run. There's nothing to build toward except a bunch of blodge and maybe someday... tackle, I guess?
Fabulander

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2015 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 said it. The thread started with the premise that something is wrong with High Elves, and many people seem to somewhat agree. While there are obvious fluff reasons that halflings should go splat against ogres, there is really no reason that High Elves are a less competitive and just generally more bland roster than the other elf teams. It seems like they don't get played a lot for these reasons - they are the less winny choice compared to very similar rosters, and don't have any really unique strategic options to make the tough start more worth it.

I personally like the team as a 'clean slate' all-round elf team, but if they were supposed to be fluffy or unique in any way, it really doesn't show on the roster. Reconsidering my earier suggestion, if I had to rewrite the team it would be something like this:

0-2 Phoenix Warriors: 6 3 4 8 pass, accurate, safe throw, GAP, 110kgp
0-4 Lion Warriors: 8 3 4 7 catch, GA, 90kgp
0-4 Dragon Warriors: 6 3 4 8 block, thick skull*, GA, 90kgp
0-16 Lineelfs: 6 3 4 8 GA, 70kgp
0-8 re-rolls, 60kgp

*(thick skull seemed like a fitting compromise for players in dragon scale armour, who aren't as tough as orcs but can still retain their agility)

This would be the slowest elf roster, but with cheap-ish access to block and the very best, most expensive thrower in the game. The Dragon Warriors are slightly too cheap for their durability , but since the team will almost have to rely on a passing game, the catchers will probably die often as the rest of the team can't keep up with them. The added toughness and extra block skill will make them less vulnerable in the early stages, but the Dragon Warriors will score less and evolve more slowly. It seems to fit a more disciplined playing style with well defined roles: The thrower throws, the linemen hold the line and the catchers make touchdowns. There is plenty of room for creativity, but it will be in the context of a true passing game. An aggressive defense will be difficult, but a more conventional defense will be possible.

Unlike woodies, bad positioning can not be easily remedied by the slower fighters, and it makes less sense to constantly dodge free of markers, especially with more expensive re-rolls.
Unlike pro-elves, the whole team is very valuable and fairly durable, but the catchers need very good placement to work, as the can't rely on NoS or fast, supporting blitzers.
Unlike darkies, the players will need to split up on offense for a passing game or try to grind, with less options to suddenly change tactics mid-drive, and a less explosive blitzing style.

It is fun to tinker with rules, even if we know they won't ever be officially implemented. I think this team would be a little more interesting as an alternative to the other elf teams, but not necessarily much more successful.
 Jump to: