7 coaches online • Server time: 05:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

All past replays have been converted to the format of the new client version.
The old FFB server (and the old DB) will be removed.
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
Would it be an idea to tidy that up and move those lrb 4 teams to League? I must admit I thought there would be a lot more lrb 4 traffic than there was and moved some teams there.

LRB4 results didn't upload anymore which killed it off pretty quick after the change over, remember?

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 21:19
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
Would it be an idea to tidy that up and move those lrb 4 teams to League? I must admit I thought there would be a lot more lrb 4 traffic than there was and moved some teams there.

LRB4 results didn't upload anymore which killed it off pretty quick after the change over, remember?

Other way around - LRB4 results would have uploaded for a while, but there were only a handful. That's why it's not around anymore, LRB4 interest dropped off a cliff.
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope - I was one of 20 people that tried. We tried to play each other the game would play but when it ended we were stuck harvestmouse was one of the 20 and he contacted Christer and was told there wouldn't be any support for lrb4. Then it just got closed completely a while later. This was very soon after crp went live in B and R

Anyway on with the matter at hand replays work again. Woohoo Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the group kind of said it all. The fact we needed a group to continue playing. I mean when CRP came in, it seemed to me a large percentage would stay with 4. However without rankings and tournies it didn't happen. For me, I think it dropped off a cliff. There was in fact another group playing it as well. But if you look, games played were minimal. There certainly wasn't enough games to warrant support anymore. I know I could have done more. IIRC there were a couple of problems as to why it ceased working. Since then they've added up, no way we could go back to the old client on FUMBBL now.
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2014 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah its a shame, but it was the right call anyway. The future was way more important.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2014 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Is the recent appearance of "Connection to the server has been closed" disconnect messages related to this?

I'm often getting D/C'd a couple times/game, and often even while spec'ing.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
sann0638

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2014 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Where's the best place to find out about the options in the new client?

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2014 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=21942

Or maybe better create a test touranament and see what options the system gives you.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2014 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting stuff - are leagues allowed to use different pitches yet?

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2014 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, doesn't work yet - only the Blackbox and the Majors have special pitches so far.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2014 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I submit some feedback too, as a new user of FFB client? It will concern replay viewing feature, as this was the mode I've been using it in most of the time for last 2 days.
1) Hotkeys are very much missed here. At least granting the ability to start/stop replay viewing process, and move one full player's sequence of actions forward and backward (dunno how to formulate this correctly - in BB any specific player is active until user makes any action with any other player; so each such player's "lifetime" untill he has commited all possible actions for this turn and was left behind by user for the sake of moving to next one can be percieved as building brick of this user's turn; so this hotkey should allow to move one such "brick" at a time forward and backward) But it wouldn't hurt at all to have hotkeys which would move you thgrough the timeframe both forth and backwards one player's action per time - so one pressing would cause instantly commited movement action (with some route graph indicating starting and destination square of it), the next pressing would commit blitz action, and so on.
2) When replay is played in automated fashion, there are these distinguishable route graphs, indicating players' movements. But for some reason they didn't find their way into other mode of replay viewing: via clicking log records below subsequently. When I try to traverse matchs' timeframe step by step by clicking log records subsequently (pretty much inconvinient method of acheiving this, thats why I advocate the idea of adding hotkeys for that very cause), I most of the time find myself clueless of what going on and who moves where.

Under "player" I'm implying "a team member", and under "user" - "a FFB client user", a human playing the game.
Sorry for that nasty pile of Engrish in advance Very Happy

Last edited by Mori-mori-mori on %b %29, %2014 - %19:%Dec; edited 6 times in total
sann0638

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2014 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Rabe - and in Test mode are there any commands for custom pitches?

Post   Posted: Dec 30, 2014 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Mori-mori-mori wrote:

2) When replay is played in automated fashion, there are these distinguishable route graphs, indicating players' movements. But for some reason they didn't find their way into other mode of replay viewing: via clicking log records below subsequently. When I try to traverse matchs' timeframe step by step by clicking log records subsequently (pretty much inconvinient method of acheiving this, thats why I advocate the idea of adding hotkeys for that very cause), I most of the time find myself clueless of what going on and who moves where.

I have to correct myself - don't know how and why I couldn't spot it before, but actually movements of players are displayed in this case too. So my only concern atm is hotkeys for pausing/moving step by step through replays, they would greatly enhance end user experience, in my opinion.
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2015 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

is this a new bug?
https://fumbbl.com/p/blog?c=Roland&id=16580
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&op=view&id=2082
 Jump to: