30 coaches online • Server time: 08:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mrbibitte3

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Lineelf 6,3,4,8 (GA) 70k
Blitzer 5,3,4,9 Block, Stand Firm (GS) 110k
Thrower 7,3,4,7 Pass, Safe Throw (GAP) 90k
Catcher 7,3,4,7 Catch (GA) 80k

That's a nice team, right there !!! Razz
bghandras

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel that this would be distinct enough even without Strength access for blitzers.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

mrbibitte3 wrote:
Since we can say anything we want in this thread as it will never be adopted, here's my take on it.

Replace the Blitzer with a heavily armoured Dragon Warrior.
5-3-4-9 Block, Stand Firm... General and Strength skill access.

Now, that would change the face of the team. Smile

I like it. Make 'em 0-4!

and let's have a bolt thrower too
mrbibitte3

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
and let's have a bolt thrower too

Ha, ha, ha ! The bolt thrower should have the ability to impale both the man and the man hiding behind the man. Razz
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The only ones that would be a viable Str4 would be White Lions. And they would not have any armour.....

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
The fluff and novels involving their history is pretty bad-ass. And the old world would be entirely corrupt by Chaos if it were not for Aenarion, Indraugnir and some amazing mages.

It could be High Elves are more interesting to play than when I played WFB back in the day.
I have only read snippets but from the new Warhammer background (The End Times) it seems it has got to the stage where Chaos are all over the place.
And Tyrion is on the Dark Elf (Khainite) side in the battle over Ulthuan.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2015 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

If one wanted to make a great passing team out of the box. It would be an HE team that has Throwers with Pass/Safe Throw, and catchers with Catch/Nerves of Steel out of the box.

So basically HE Throwers and PE Catchers :/
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

When we look at Elves playing E.L.F it is clear they are the weakest of the Elves. Especially since we went to CRP....

So since CRP was instituted we have a Grand Champion breakdown of E.L.F wins with the following:

Wood- 5
Dark- 4.5
Pro- 4
High- 1.5

Prior to CRP we have:
Wood - 13
Pro - 6
Dark - 3
High - 4

Clearly the High Elves need a boost! Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 02:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm having real second thoughts about S access on the blitzers, by the way. Consider humans. They're basically elves with -AG across the board and ST2 catchers. And they're not Tier 1, but they're competitive, probably more so than high elves. And the reason isn't that the throwers start with sure hands or that they get an ogre. The main reason is that they get those blitzers with S access. Give that to elves, even in some kind of mitigated form (and making elf blitzers slower than the orc ones carries its own degree of confusion), and I suspect they're Tier 0.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
Dominik

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

NerdBird wrote:
When we look at Elves playing E.L.F it is clear they are the weakest of the Elves. Especially since we went to CRP....

So since CRP was instituted we have a Grand Champion breakdown of E.L.F wins with the following:

Wood- 5
Dark- 4.5
Pro- 4
High- 1.5

Prior to CRP we have:
Wood - 13
Pro - 6
Dark - 3
High - 4

Clearly the High Elves need a boost! Smile

Its meaningless if you dont tell the percentage of victorious races compared to the sum of of competing teams.
Wood Elf won 5 of 15 seasons, which is 33%. How many ELF teams were Wood Elf? And how many were High Elf?
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

There used to be this stats page with the win ratio of all races at different TV. Does anybody keep the link?

I recall HE having a very high win ratio at mid-high TV, even topping the chart at some TV range. If someone has these stats, please bring them here and end this nonsense of HE not being competitive.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Again, nobody is talking about whether high elves are competitive. Yes, a high elf team can show up and say "hello, we're elves, AG4, nice to meet you" and win a fair amount. They're talking about whether high elves are freaking boring. Which they are. They're a bunch of XX4X mannequins who probably get blodge. Maybe they get interesting-ish at high TV, but why slog through all those games? They're more vanilla than pro elves, who are supposed to be vanilla. They're more vanilla than humans. I've seen more interesting competitive builds on chaos teams, and chaos is just a bunch of linemen that someone stapled antlers on.

This is not about "competitive." This is not about high elves getting wardancers, or high elves getting dark elf blitzers. (Okay, it might be a little about high elves getting dark elf blitzers, but the point there would be to take that 0-4 away from the DEs and distinguish the HEs as something other than Bare Minimum Elves-in-a-Can.) Ideally, it's about high elves getting something like witch elves... unique, maybe a little overpriced, but fun to play out of the box, and full of the specificity and character that high elves so sorely lack.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Aren't all elves XX4X who probably get blodge? I still don't get what makes DE blitzers so unique and interesting. Is it about turning HE into DE, then turn DE into what? I played my good share of HE games, and of DE games. I still enjoy playing HE more than DE. Maybe it's just a matter of taste? DE get blitzers and the bashy-running game they come with. HE get catchers and throwers, but that doesn't force them into a play style. They used to have unique names to give them character too, but for reasons beyond my understanding, they were removed.

Blood bowl is a game of specialization, and versatile teams are too difficult to figure out for some coaches. That doesn't make them boring. If the positional structure of the roster doesn't tell you how to play the team and this frightens you, then it's not a design flaw. Just a player limitation.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

ahalfling is spot on.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 05:36 Reply with quote Back to top

@zakatan

Delves don't have only blitzers, they also have:

Witch elves - great and funny and unique
Assassins - lame but unique
Runners - unique with dump-off

High Elves are Pro elves with weaker positionals, av8 linos and an expensive thrower.

Woodies are the ones with wardancers.
Delves are the ones with all those weird positionals.
Pelves are the ones with stupid linos and amazing positionals.
High elves are the ones with... great potential?
 Jump to: