52 coaches online • Server time: 20:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2015 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

OWCC VIII 1st Round

This was a very tight game that was basically won on a coin toss!

In the first half, Lahmia were receiving and put together a solid drive. They would have scored right at the end of the half if it weren't for the intervention of the Gorers' wizard, who lightning bolted the ballcarrier and allowed Gotland to get into position to cover the ball and prevent the touchdown.

In the second half, Lahmia were clearly still wound up about the way the first half ended, and came out blitzing. Their wight recovered the on-side kick, and although the Gorers managed to knock it out of his hands, they were on the back foot for the rest of the half. There was a lot of back and forth, and either team could have escaped with the ball, but in the end the clock ran down and the game ended 0-0.

Entering overtime, the Gorers won the coin toss, and elected to receive the ball. With no thoughts about time management or the pressure of a blitz, they managed a fairly standard drive up the field. A couple of times the pair of ghouls harried the ballcarrier, but eventually the Gorers broke free and scored the winning touchdown.

A very tight game - well played SA!

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2015 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Niceone gjopie! Any word when the Delta Dogs vs Goldlord game is going to be?
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2015 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

And also... it's 1-0 to the Albion!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3645921

Fortunately for me, the Dark Elves got too confident in the first half, after a strong start but their stalling attempt failed as they had some serious dice failure.

The Diseased Wasters simply enjoyed the numbers game as they made the game safe. Thanks for the game Pregal.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2015 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

An early Kislev Plate semi-final was played today.
Looking forward to the final game, cheering for the Yoof Sekshun of course Smile
Smeat

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2015 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

And in the other Kislev semi...

Dwarfs stomp Gobbos flat (but not to jelly), advance to finals!

In a definitive 3-0 demonstration of why Blackle + AV 9 is superior to Ag 3 Stunty Dodge + AV 7, the Karak Raziak Ironclads represent K-East and join the Remnants of Kriegfeld to see who advances free and clear, and who must face a relegated team in one more match for that honour. But it was more than team skills that determined the match.

The Dwarves chose to receive, and owned the first half, KO'ing the Ball-and-chain Turn 2 and keeping the Bomber to only 1 toss the whole half without suffering so much as a Stun themselves. Turn 5, altho' only down 1 player (having made an Illegal Substitution Turn 1), the Gobbos changed from defense to full retreat, but that only allowed easier pickings, and they lost 2 more BH before the Dwarven score.

They then showed Goblin cunning by putting their Ball-and-Chain in Turn 8 (via a Bribe) despite having 12 in reserve, guaranteeing he would be safe on the penalty bench for the rest of the game.

2nd half, with no weapons literally or figuratively, the Goblins made a Turn 1 push half-way into the Dwarven half with 4 receivers, then completely collapsed Turn 2, inexplicably putting the ball at risk without support (which was plentiful and within easy range) before failing a multi-dodge of what could only have been a 6+ Pass attempt for a score. The Dwarves quickly guarded then recovered the ball to end Turn 4 up 2-0, game all but sealed.

The 7 Goblins that received Turn 5 could not make a pass for spp, much less stop the 3rd Dwarven score 3 Turns later, and the Turn 8 kick was mere formality (and 2 more Casualty spp for the Dwarves), game over 3-0.

The dwarven supporters in the crowd were understandably miffed that out of 40+ Blocks only a scant 8 casualties were seen, and only 1 was permanent, and that a RIP of a 0 spp rookie.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
arry

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2015 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Kislev Plate final tonight at 20:00. Bring popcorn and wear warm clothes.
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2015 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

We ent interested in 'easy' skores, we likez der 6+ ail mary just like dat uman teem der Seattle Seahawks!
arry

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2015 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The Kislev Plate final has been played! Remnants prove again their superiority in rolling dice. (For the record, none of my other teams gets dice so good. Funny how it works.)
Smeat

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Not without a fight, but the Expats best the Gorers, and so advance to the championship to face the winner (survivor?) of the Barak Varr Goldlords v. Nilfheim Lumberjacks game.

The Expats tied the Goldlords in their traditional meeting the opening game of the season, and are now 3-1-2 in their history, but Nuffle has ruled that they have been shut-out 0-2 by the Lumberjacks both of their 2 meetings.

Still, not really sure who to root for - I think a broken AV 7 Norse team would be acceptable, but I'll take what I can get. Cool

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
BlueDevil420

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2015 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
Still, not really sure who to root for - I think a broken AV 7 Norse team would be acceptable, but I'll take what I can get. Cool

Always root for norsemen! No broken norse team for you though...

In the cup semi-final, two of the most succesfull teams of the Old World, the Goldlords and the Lumberjacks squared off for the 2nd time in their careers.
In the pre-match phase, the Lumberjacks added a Snow Troll to their squad for the first time in 42 games. The Goldlords decided to hire a wizard, which left the Lumberjacks with enough cash to bring the wizard, a dirty trick and two babes. The toss was in favor of the norse squad who opted to receive. They were off to a flying start removing a dwarf from the pitch on turn one and subsequently steadily removing a dwarf every other turn. The apo's were quickly spent on BH players, with both coaches going all out for the win. After a bit of back and forth the numbers started to tell too much and a dwarf block rerolled to skulls later gave the norse the opening to safely walk it towards the endzone. Somewhere along the line the lone dwarven slayer was killed.

In the 2nd half only 9 dwarves showed up and the norse came out with a blitz. This left them slightly out of position, allowing the dwarves to advance across the opposing flank. As the norsemen were busy hurting more dwarves, they sent the runner into the crowd, which instantly niggled him. Goldlordds equalise in turn 3, leaving a full norse squad 6 turns to score against the 9 dwarves, with both wizards still in play.

On their defense the dwarves swarm the ballcarrier and lightning striks the ballcarrier. An unlucky bounce leaves it open for the norse runner to pick up and pass it to the berserker which reverses the play to the upper endzone. Good pressure from the dwarves forces a turn 5 score.

With 3 turns left to score the dwarves advance across the sideline, but with the wizard looming things look grim. An early spent reroll in turn 7 spells their doom as the ballcarrier fails a go for it. The two dwarves in scoring range are assaulted by the remaining wizard on the blitzer and a blitz on the longbeard to frenzy him out of scoring range.

Thus ending the game: 2-1.

I was definately the luckier coach this game, who knows what would have happened if I hadn't constantly removed the dwarves from the pitch. I sure as hell wouldn't have picked my norsemen to win it. Next time I'm pretty sure those dwarves will rip the team apart, they're probably due. Wink
gjopie

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2015 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice write up, BlueDevil. And an interesting final - can the Lumberjacks win their third Challenge Cup and become the most successful team in OWCC history (a title currently shared with the Goldlords), or will the Expatriates finally beat their curse and win their first Cup?

Let us know when the final is scheduled!

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2015 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

So the winners of their respective conferences face in the cup final. My bet is on Expats, but it'll surely be a match to watch.

As a newcomer to the league, I've got some questions:

How many rounds are in the Inter-Conference Shield?

What happens after the final? Awards & draft for next season?
gjopie

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2015 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

arry wrote:
So the winners of their respective conferences face in the cup final. My bet is on Expats, but it'll surely be a match to watch.

Indeed - either that bye into the second round is useful, or the top teams were just better than those finishing 2nd and 3rd. As one of the teams in the second category, I'm going for the bye excuse! Wink

arry wrote:
As a newcomer to the league, I've got some questions:

How many rounds are in the Inter-Conference Shield?

Three. They are in the final round now, and the deadline is the 25th.

arry wrote:
What happens after the final? Awards & draft for next season?

Yes - I'll send around a PM asking you to confirm whether you are back in next season, we'll work out who is in the top conferences, and the two conference champions will submit their draft picks for next season. We'll also recruit new teams into Kislev as required.

At the same time, there will be the "Post-Season Tour" - an opportunity for your team to play a few matches against teams of similar TV within the league to help balance TVs.

Hopefully, Season IX should kick off around a fortnight or so after the last matches of Season VIII are played.

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2015 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done Athel Loren! Your victory over the elves of Albion brings us to 9-4 Albion, and even if all of us other looses, we will stil win the ICS!
gjopie

Post   Posted: Feb 16, 2015 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to Albion for restoring the natural order of things and winning the Shield - that's 5 out of 8 now!

Bretonnia, you're playing for pride now...