50 coaches online • Server time: 15:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
You mean make it more akin to American Football? I'd have to ask why?

Interesting..pulling out my 1ED and 2ED rule books and reading the opening fluff/background on the game.

It seems to a layman like me that it is totally based off American Football for its fluff.

Lets see..the Greats of the game they introduce, all American Football parody names.

The main league looks just like how they arrange American Football.

All the fluff is oozing out of its pours...American Football..and of course the minatures do to..they are all wearing American Football gear.

So that is why you base Blood Bowl on American Football as its fluff component...it is based on it.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

You're right,Leo.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the game in the fluff was called Nuffle Amorical Football...

Last edited by JimmyFantastic on Jan 30, 2015 - 18:11; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

You guys are way over thinking this, way over the top.

The fluff behind Blood Bowl on FUMBBL is right in front of your eyes. The fantasy history of FUMBBL is found in the majors, minors, league and in stunty.

We have epic teams clashing all the time in the majors. We have underdogs rising up through the ranks and making names for themselves. We have hated teams, hated coaches, loved coaches and teams we admire.

Who cares if the War Hammer universe collapses into a black hole and never returns. The fluff of Blood Bowl on FUMBBL is created every day, in every major and tournament.

FUMBBL has 10 years of history and FLUFF that should be celebrated.

If you want to create the true FLUFF of FUMBBL you need a group of coaches willing to write the history of the teams on FUMBBL. Fluff the history to the max. I have been working on a project just like that for the Ranked/Box majors...let me tell you. It is a lot of work writing the history of FUMBBL from a fluff stand point and make it fun, interesting and insightful.

Last edited by PainState on Jan 30, 2015 - 18:13; edited 1 time in total
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 to PS. The actual history of fumbbl is far better than some tales JJ(or anyone else) can come up with.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
You mean make it more akin to American Football? I'd have to ask why?

Interesting..pulling out my 1ED and 2ED rule books and reading the opening fluff/background on the game.

It seems to a layman like me that it is totally based off American Football for its fluff.

Lets see..the Greats of the game they introduce, all American Football parody names.

The main league looks just like how they arrange American Football.

All the fluff is oozing out of its pours...American Football..and of course the minatures do to..they are all wearing American Football gear.

So that is why you base Blood Bowl on American Football as its fluff component...it is based on it.

Yes, but it's based on 2 continents and has many more teams. Trying to tie it more to American Football (Football to you) just doesn't add anything.

I'm more than happy to go back to 2nd edition fluff. I've tried to do that a little. I like the American Football tie ins. I'd also like to see a tie in with every team (Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Raiders etc). American Football helmet emblems are awesome and a great feel. However it shouldn't be tied to an area, or copy NFL exactly and only. The world is too different racially and has far too much potential.

Allow the diversity. Lookwise also. American Football has one uniform pattern and is far too generic. Again, would be kinda cool to see a Dark Elf/American Football style uniform. But not for every Dark Elf team.

I'd be interested though to see a parody of all the American Football franchises. I think that would benefit BB for sure.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Who cares if the War Hammer universe collapses into a black hole and never returns. The fluff of Blood Bowl on FUMBBL is created every day, in every major and tournament.

Yeah, but FUMBBL teams are all over the place. Firstly, it looks to me as if fluffing up your teams is a dying art. We're seeing less and less of it.

Maybe having pitch icons back would help this. However I'll often see a team like 'Street Fighter III) think that's interesting and click on the team and see nothing.

Also even famous teams, the fluff is all over the place. How can you tie in Star Trek Netherlands and Girlfriends, I have dated? You can't. I don't think FUMBBL is about the fluff in truth (or to be more exact canon fluff) it's about having fun and making your teams fun.

I think there was a thread on this a year or so ago. Each to his own, don't stifle creativity. Just don't try to make it canon.
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be very conservative if it came to 'cannon' stuff. The way I see it panning out would be if you want to get involved in the fluff part of the game Fumbbl would have its own that would be independent of anything GW did. If you want to go and create a Star Wars league that is fine too and more power to you but I think many people would like a background setting for their teams which is uniform across Fumbbl. What that background is is up for debate.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

That background better be gobbos wearing magical pimp coats.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:

Come on man...pimp coats? That coat is a ancient relic only worn by the greatest of Goblin Blood Bowl Coaches. It has been handed down for generations.

You insult us all by your lack of history of the "game".

Very Happy Surprised

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the current blood bowl fluff and see no need for us to reboot it just because GW are starting afresh with WFB fluff.

That's Trailer Park Life.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
mrt1212 wrote:

Come on man...pimp coats? That coat is a ancient relic only worn by the greatest of Goblin Blood Bowl Coaches. It has been handed down for generations.

You insult us all by your lack of history of the "game".

Very Happy Surprised

I aim to be the Pootie Tang of gobbos.
AdyBrooke

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely the BB world is what you make it.
No hard rules, if you set your team from a GW location fit your fluff accordingly.
But I have seen no FUMBBL map therefore I can invent my own location team and history as long as it fits reasonably no need to be restricted.
Teams from old world and year zero whatever that is could play side by side here along with the Hobbiton Heroes or Ravenloft Ravagers.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="harvestmouse"]
PainState wrote:

Yeah, but FUMBBL teams are all over the place. Firstly, it looks to me as if fluffing up your teams is a dying art.

Indeed. Everytime you make a team with players called "bbbt2", an angel is tortured to death.

I think I should be made Fluff-czar, with a might fluff-hammer of name changing authority.

I'm only half joking.

Jump to: