30 coaches online • Server time: 10:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2015 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hability to give the group ownership to another admin, and therefore the hability to nominate new admins.

Currently, if the owner of a group goes awol, the remaining admins can't bring new blood to the administration.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 06:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Sound on sped up replays - maybe sped up sound. I think that's the only aspect of the other game that I like better than FUMBBL.
Roland

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
Hability to give the group ownership to another admin, and therefore the hability to nominate new admins.

Currently, if the owner of a group goes awol, the remaining admins can't bring new blood to the administration.

can't site admins fix that manually?

EDIT: I know swedish league have had different league "owners" through the years.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2015 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
zakatan wrote:

can't site admins fix that manually?

EDIT: I know swedish league have had different league "owners" through the years.

Yup, submitting a ticket will get that fixed, but it would increase general usability.

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

A "transfer to [L]eague" button. Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 08:38 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
There is no match report. Only site staff are allowed to force a concession. A forfeit is league points only.

Em, well, yes. You're stating how it works now. However, this is a request (which is what this thread is for, I think?): to enable league admins to set concession penalties for forfeits (I'd say you want separate league commish tickboxes for 'money and MVP for the one awarded the game', and another for 51SPP+ players leaving on the forfeiting team).

This would go a long way towards offsetting the disadvantage players with a forfeited game suffer in young leagues (one less game to develop the team), and provides a good stick for commishes, without resorting to kicking coaches.

The same could also be done for teams missing a round in uneven teams Round Robin (obviously not the 51+ players leaving.) However, this would award 10 SPPs and +/- 70k to every team in such a season; I'd only do it for seasons that start with all-rookie teams, I think.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this more get at harvestmouse until he's finally gone?

He said 'edit THE match report'...... assuming there is a match report. I simply pointed out that League staff may only forfeit not concede games.

I saw nothing about asking for the ability to be able to concede games. I doubt very much that Christer would allow that function either. And if he did, I certainly wouldn't play in a League tourney ever again.

I have never conceded a game, nor will I ever. However I have had 3 games forfeited against me, when I have been computer-less. I do not want a league admin having the ability to concede those games against me.
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Not have to copypaste internet links from blog replies.

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Jopotzuki wrote:
Not have to copypaste internet links from blog replies.

Good call

+1

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2015 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 to implementing more cards.
+1 to purging the names of unplayed, retired teams. Moreover, let a coach "disband" retired teams with games played, putting their names back in the "pool" for others to use.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

New league option: Piling On player is knocked out when rolling a double on armour or injury rolls only when the player has all three skills claw, MB and piling on. Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Increase the character limit for group pages to 1,000,000 or more.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Race specific Box/Ranked Tourneys for special occasions like Necro/Undead/Khemri/Vampire (Freaky Friday theme) for Friday the 13th being present back to back months. 16 team KO tourney with weekly deadline. Fill as many as possible.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

As the site's rules for league allows builder games against all snotlings, I don't see how the extra SPPs and money from allowing forfeits to be processed as if they were concessions would adversely affect the scene. And even if you're really worried about that, it's still a valid suggestion as an option for closed-world leagues only.

harvestmouse wrote:
Is this more get at harvestmouse until he's finally gone?

I'm not 'getting at you'; you just happen to consistently be the person who says things I disagree with.

harvestmouse wrote:

He said 'edit THE match report'...... assuming there is a match report. I simply pointed out that League staff may only forfeit not concede games.

Indeed. But they should be able to, since it's their league. While his post wasn't too clear in the English department, I took it to mean 'allow commissioners to set sanctions on both conceded and forfeited games'.

harvestmouse wrote:

I saw nothing about asking for the ability to be able to concede games. I doubt very much that Christer would allow that function either. And if he did, I certainly wouldn't play in a League tourney ever again.

Well, if you don't trust your commish to use his powers justly, then you shouldn't be in their league to begin with. They can also kick you if you win too much, adjust league points, fix draws in their favor. Of course you have to trust the commish, like we trust Christer when it comes to R&B, and Purplechest when it comes to majors.

harvestmouse wrote:
I have never conceded a game, nor will I ever. However I have had 3 games forfeited against me, when I have been computer-less. I do not want a league admin having the ability to concede those games against me.

I don't care if you call it a concession or a flamingo; all it would mean is that a commish could hand out rewards or penalties when games are forfeited, for example so that your opponent is not denied his 10 SPPs and some winnings just because you didn't show up to the game. Missing out on the opportunity to play an early game can be a big deal in young leagues, an option like this could offset that.
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Any chance these rhetorical showdowns can be done in PMs? This thread is about new features for FUMBBL, not the keyboard warrior ladder Smile
 Jump to: