87 coaches online • Server time: 21:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sonrises

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

So far a 97,64% of games have been played. Crisis? What crisis? Anything above 80% for a 6 weeks, 254 coaches, weekly deadline and online tournament... is a HUGE successs!

Conclusion: This tournament is a HUGE success so far and very well organised.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

On the subject of organisation (you're too kind!), Titouch has had to leave us having had a tricky round 2 period. Uedder is joining us from the waiting list for round 3 and beyond, welcome Uedder!

His -5 points will be cleared following his round 2 game.
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2015 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

** Milford from the RTTwhacha ma call it tournament **

Someone needs to really work on the name of this tournament, it is way to unwieldy and I suspect the participants dont really know what to call it either. Except they know they are playing Blood Bowl and that is just fine by them, kill, maim, score and win is the name of this tournament in the fog of their mind, let the standings sort them out in the end.

Well, I got this golden sealed letter deliverd by hand to me by the Emperor himself. It seems him and the Prince have taken a fancy to this tournament and decided to add some spice. It seems he has issued the following.

The Emperors Chalice

The Chalice will go to the top placing human team in the tournament. There will also be individual awards for the top performances by players on Human rosters.

It seems he has put me in charge of Emperors Chalice side tournament. I do not want to let the Emperor down so here we go.

Vault Tec takes the early lead in the challenge due to a nice juicy goblin draw in the first round, buffed those tiebreaker standing points. Took down a solid Lizardman team in the second but I just cannot overlook that "gimmie" match to start out.

The Hellfishes have shown up and have posted a 1/1/1 record so far. I suspect all that time off has rusted them some. Lets see if they can get back into form in the last 3.

Buccaneers touring side got off to a rough start but some solid "boot" work has them back to a 1/0/1 record with some dorfs standing in their way. They are determined to win this Chalice and plan on stomping their way to the top.

Grimsby has fallen way behind with a 0/0/1 record, a missed match and it is looking grim. They must have been delayed because they were at the local apoth shop trying to purchase +ST upgrades or somesuch.

The Gun Hounds I think need a refund. It seems Griffs agent sold them a bill of goods when he convinced them that a chump roster with Griff leading the way was a good plan. The record clearly states that Griff is a chump.

The rest of the field is, well, plugging away and trying their best. Lets see who can emerge out of round #3 and make a serious push to win the Emperors Chalice.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Griff loses, huh? Well, he's no Griff Goaterwald, that's for sure.

Anyway, the Johanns stay undefeated after a wild game that featured a whole bunch of KOs and injuries (in my favor, mostly), one of the craziest turn-8 scores I've ever seen (him -- 3+ dodge to 4+ dodge to -2DB block to crowd throw-in to long bomb, no reroll, 4 elves on the pitch), and some kind of a failed tackle zone handoff to a witch elf reversed into a Norse lineman double GFI to short pass to a berserker for the win. It was real nutty. You should watch it.

Next up, who knows? Looks like it's just us and possibly DukeTyrion carrying the banner for the Norse. Guess the roster's not overpowered in this format after all... also not seeing as many elves as I would have expected. Lots of undead. Who'd have called that?

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead and WEs are a close 1st and 2nd comfortably in front of #3 in this kind of event. No suprises there. Smile
Tripleskull

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Given the tiebreaker Undead is probably at the top.

I don't see Norse being a top five race.
m0gw41

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there an award for the team that creates the biggest overall bloodbath? In our three matches my Flings have racked up a total of 27 casualties overall (11 for and 16 against). An average of 2 deaths and 1.67 perms per game have left the resurrection fairies with quite alot of work to do.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Three days to go, is your game scheduled?

Keep me in the loop if you're having any issues at all! Gogo!
ahalfling

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead, huh? I keep hearing about elves, but this is the first time anyone (other than the standings) has suggested that undead are particularly competitive in this kind of tournament. It seems to me like non-progression makes regeneration borderline irrelevant, and aside from having a couple blodge guys (who doesn't?) they aren't exactly packed with advantages. So what am I missing?

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

They have been talked about quite a bit, here and elsewhere as being great in this format. It is a 50 page thread after all... Wink

They have basically two big guys with no negitraits and great access to both bash and speed, blodgers and cheap fodder. This format is great for teams that already rock out of the box - and UD are very very good at low TV.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I reported the BUG of the five column format of the tournament page which makes the inner frame to expand out of the main frame.

As an addition, a smaller group logo would be better IMO.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Like Happygrue said. Access to ST 5, guard, mighty blow, blodge, speed and plenty of men and RRs pretty much does the trick.

Lots of blood bowl games are lost/not won due to random take out. Regeneration helps a lot in that kind of games and you might even be in a position på foul sometimes.
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2015 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

ahalfling wrote:
It seems to me like non-progression makes regeneration borderline irrelevant
Regeneration is great in this format. It basically turns injuries into a KO roll.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2015 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes; regen rocks. Play a 13 player undead team, suffer 4 cas first half, and still play an 11 player undead team 2nd half. Bloody brilliant.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2015 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

A small reply just to say that I love this kind of online tournament and I hope to see more of this in the future!!!
 Jump to: