9 coaches online • Server time: 05:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2015 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I am sure this was brought up but Ogres have a Ogre face in Current Games being played but in gamefinder they have a ?.

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd actually love some feedback to the feedback, so that we can have an idea of what to expect Razz

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
I'd actually love some feedback to the feedback, so that we can have an idea of what to expect Razz

+1
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 12:29
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

+2. And any kind of road map or timescale would be a massive bonus Very Happy

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

A backup server in the US might be nice. That way, when the internets in Europe get snaked by cdASSak and other villains, the community can soldier on.
cdassak

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

No one can save you Billy. I would only break the US server in that case Razz

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2015 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't say such things if I were you. We take out people with drones for lesser statements!
PacoSillas

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if something like this has been suggested so far .. looked around but thread is getting huge and I might have missed. Time for another compilation happygrue?
But lets get to the point (maybe low priority since scheduler seems not to be used that much unfortunately). Would it be possible to have a 'calendar/agenda' page in which all scheduled games showed?. Being a user of the scheduler tool myself and a fun of Fumbbl's tournament scene would find it most useful. I know it shows in the home page, but when you have quite a few teams in there it gets messy (or when you're a greedy ludopatic being that gets involved in a few rumbles weekly). Also if it's accessible widely it would be helpful for opponents when suggesting times .. kind of a dance card xD

EDIT: All scheduled game of a coach I mean. Kind of the incoming games of the tournaments tab, but for each coach. In an agenda format instead of a list for extra awesomeness.

Last edited by PacoSillas on %b %06, %2015 - %13:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Did anyone mention and visible and audible alert if a turn hits 3:30.

Also option to have a larger clock. Maybe in that bottom right panel.

The clock that we have now is no use to me what so ever during my turn.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Buttons in coach's page to sort teams and show them:

by racial alphabetical order (e.g. Amazons, Chaos, Chaos Dwarfs, Dark Elves and so on) and from highest to lowest TV and the other way around.
Being able to sort teams by Treasury and Record (W/D/L) would be great too.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 15:56
FUMBBL Staff

Specifically in regard to changes to League, I've created a list of suggestions made here that people would like to see in the coming updates. I've then sorted these into what I think would be the most important and less important ones. If you want me to add something to the list, or feel that the priorities are wrong then let me know and I'll update it.

League Change Requests

I'd like input from league admins, though most of their comments are already included. Cheers
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

"Rulesets applied to whole groups/Creatable rosters for groups"

It would be interesting to hear what Christer thinks about these.

A team can be a member of multiple groups so it may be far less effort to attach rulesets & rosters to tournaments rather than groups.

You may want different events to use different rulesets. Some groups do that.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 16:36
FUMBBL Staff

You can use different rules for events within a group ruleset though, as is the case now. Rosters can be part of different groups, but these would all be under the same ruleset (in your case something like an O[L]C ruleset). You can't really have cross-ruleset teams though. Some rulesets could allow you to get to 8 skills by 30 spps, others have a custom roster of Str 10 players. I don't see how it'd be possible with custom rosters to have teams work cross-group. I'm not trying to code it though so maybe you're right. That's just how I understood it.
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't really know how it is supposed to work. It would be good to hear from Christer. I would imagine that the plan is pretty solid by now.

Quote:
You can't really have cross-ruleset teams though

That depends on what "ruleset" means. As it stands, if the commish accepts a team then that team is in. I might decide to only accept certain rosters but I don't really care what rulesets the team played under before coming to O[L]C. As long as the team "looks right".

The reason that "Rulesets applied to whole groups" is interesting is that teams could play to a ruleset without being part of a tournament/league.

From the API it seems that rosters can be attached to a ruleset. Will we be able to add existing rosters to our ruleset?

Boss Man what is the word?

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 17:01
FUMBBL Staff

koadah wrote:
I don't really know how it is supposed to work. It would be good to hear from Christer. I would imagine that the plan is pretty solid by now.

Quote:
You can't really have cross-ruleset teams though

That depends on what "ruleset" means. As it stands, if the commish accepts a team then that team is in. I might decide to only accept certain rosters but I don't really care what rulesets the team played under before coming to O[L]C. As long as the team "looks right".

The reason that "Rulesets applied to whole groups" is interesting is that teams could play to a ruleset without being part of a tournament/league.

From the API it seems that rosters can be attached to a ruleset. Will we be able to add existing rosters to our ruleset?

Boss Man what is the word?

I've been looking into this, and the API. As well as the league options as you'd imagine, ruleset also determines how much gold a team starts with, when their players get skills (spp values, number of skills) and how many players they can have. These sort of options wouldn't cross-group very well, or at least very fairly. You can add existing rosters to a ruleset. There's an option for it.

Ps: I (cheekily) asked Christer his plans. He said he didn't want to commit to anything for fear of disappointing people if it didn't work out as planned. I promised we'd be nice... We'll see Razz

edit: What do you think to the list? Is that about what you'd want in terms of priorities?
 Jump to: