8 coaches online • Server time: 05:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Thoughts on the Pump Wagon...
Leave it alone!
37%
 37%  [ 18 ]
Remove No Hands, add Extra Arms
60%
 60%  [ 29 ]
Remove No Hands, AG2
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 48

WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

@mister__joshua: I think we may have discussed the No Hands before in chat, I know I did with somebody. Maybe with PunkSnotDead when we played. I really like the idea of removing it from the pump wagon, since there are so many Snots on and around the wagon it would make sense they could get the ball or catch a bomb. Not sure about the Splatta Wagon.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

We talked with u (WhatBall) about taking off loners of Troll, I´m sure... But I don´t remember talk about taking off No Hands option! XD
I like your opinions and participation, thank you all!

Last edited by PunkSnotDead on Mar 06, 2015 - 15:15; edited 1 time in total
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
@mister__joshua: I think we may have discussed the No Hands before in chat, I know I did with somebody. Maybe with PunkSnotDead when we played. I really like the idea of removing it from the pump wagon, since there are so many Snots on and around the wagon it would make sense they could get the ball or catch a bomb. Not sure about the Splatta Wagon.

woa, cool idea. I like it!
still only 6+ but possible Very Happy
perhaps I could try snots then ^^
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 15:31
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:

I'm rarely in chat and we've never met on the pitch, but maybe in a different thread? I don't remember.

It probably makes more sense on the Pumps than the Splatta. Just removing No Hands though doesn't go far enough I feel. They should at minimum gain Extra Arms (for all the snots!) but I'd give it Ag3. The snots catching the ball are Ag3 after all. Keeping it at Ag1 would likely just make it a liability.

I never considered the application of this to catching bombs, but that's fun too and would occasionally help protect them. The Wagons, after all, are what the snots are all about.

...just an additional thought. As the snotlings are 'mobs', which I read as meant to represent more than one snot (2 heads etc) why don't we have an icon of 2/3 snots together?
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
...just an additional thought. As the snotlings are 'mobs', which I read as meant to represent more than one snot (2 heads etc) why don't we have an icon of 2/3 snots together?

+ the player pic...
PunkSnotDead

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:

It probably makes more sense on the Pumps than the Splatta. Just removing No Hands though doesn't go far enough I feel. They should at minimum gain Extra Arms (for all the snots!) but I'd give it Ag3. The snots catching the ball are Ag3 after all. Keeping it at Ag1 would likely just make it a liability.

Totally agree Very Happy

mister__joshua wrote:

+1 Very Happy
gjopie

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:

I like the idea of Big Hand, so it can ignore crowds, but maybe give them AG2 (or AG1 and extra arms), to represent that it is harder to pick up the ball as the wagon is flying around chaotically?

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

gjopie wrote:

I like the idea of Big Hand, so it can ignore crowds, but maybe give them AG2 (or AG1 and extra arms), to represent that it is harder to pick up the ball as the wagon is flying around chaotically?

I think its better Extra Arms (Big Hand is only to catch the ball on the floor no?) and, yes, maybe AG2.
And nice idea do it in Pump Wagon for more sense!
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 15:59
FUMBBL Staff

gjopie wrote:
mister__joshua wrote:

Perhaps that makes sense. I suppose it depends how effective you want it to be as a tactic. NoS would be better than Big Hand as the Wagon is more likely to be handed the ball than be picking it up. Ag1 Extra Arms NoS would mean it was always a 4+ to catch a hand-off.
gjopie

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Perhaps that makes sense. I suppose it depends how effective you want it to be as a tactic. NoS would be better than Big Hand as the Wagon is more likely to be handed the ball than be picking it up. Ag1 Extra Arms NoS would mean it was always a 4+ to catch a hand-off.

Yeah, that's not a bad call. Makes just as much sense to make it AG2 and no extra arms though, since it doesn't roll to dodge. Or does extra arms not work on passing?

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 16:39
FUMBBL Staff

gjopie wrote:
Yeah, that's not a bad call. Makes just as much sense to make it AG2 and no extra arms though, since it doesn't roll to dodge. Or does extra arms not work on passing?

Nah. On a Pump Wagon Extra Arms is exactly the same as +1 ag I'm pretty sure. Apart from throwing. I'm not sure if they can throw anyway? Can a ball & chain take a passing action? This would affect the bombs thing too.
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

It makes sense to have Extra Arms rather than Big hand or NoS because, well, it's a load of snots, with lots of arms. But not a single Big Hand and certainly no steely nerves.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 16:55
FUMBBL Staff

xnoelx wrote:
It makes sense to have Extra Arms rather than Big hand or NoS because, well, it's a load of snots, with lots of arms. But not a single Big Hand and certainly no steely nerves.

Yeah. I think the NoS is representative in this case. Of course snotlings don't actually have steely nerves. What I imagine is one of a mob of snotlings holding the ball and jumping onto the wagon to escape his opponents Very Happy
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone test removing No Hands and see what happens when it catches a bomb? If you could do that and let me know, I would appreciate it.

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2015 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds a fun idea but have you ever tried picking up a ball or throwing accurately from a moving vehicle? I think stick with ag1 and extra arms for a 50:50 pick up/catch. There is no loner so that's not bad if you want to use a rr to get the ball on board. I think stick with ag1 as don't think little stunties should be able to throw the ball or bombs better than when they are on the floor, I can't imagine the wagon would be a smooth ride!!

This will have to be play tested though as teams without a big guy are going to struggle to bring the cart down without weaponry or a -3db.