53 coaches online • Server time: 20:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
The_Great_Gobbo wrote:
Why can't we?

???

Have you met the internet? Rolling Eyes

So very true but you missed this bit as well...

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:
surely you should be able to discuss it as adults?

So I'm already convinced the answer is no
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Eusebio wrote:

look at the airbus-crash... that co-pilot was probably really sick... now the world knows him as a stupid suicide-killer

On the other hand, he'd have to actively block the door when the captain tried to enter. That doesn't really make sense when he just was being sick..

Due to the name and shame rules regarding patient confentiality we'll never know what he actually had tho. Yeah, those rules can be weird..
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Russo wrote:
I name pythrr and his shame at ....well.....just being himself!!!!!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I am a terrible hooman being, and am tres shameful. I like to [CENSORED] little cats and children, and sometimes goldfish too.

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 04:54 Reply with quote Back to top

who are you, and what have you done to the_great_gobbo?

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
Eusebio

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Eusebio wrote:

look at the airbus-crash... that co-pilot was probably really sick... now the world knows him as a stupid suicide-killer

On the other hand, he'd have to actively block the door when the captain tried to enter. That doesn't really make sense when he just was being sick..

Due to the name and shame rules regarding patient confentiality we'll never know what he actually had tho. Yeah, those rules can be weird..

In 2015 most of the educated world has acknowledged that depression and other limitations of cognitions are a sickness Wink the time when they are just labelled as stupid or mad should be long over...
albinv

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, its like democracy where the majority has to suffer for the idiocy of a few (this is far from being an anti-democratic statement, far from it...).

Well...name and shame...yes there could be good things coming from it and bad ones. More effort for the staff, thats true. But why we cant have it is grounded in more principal reasons i guess.

In the end we would end up with a lot of accusations that are far from reality but one couldnt proof it. It would get real dirty, people would lie allover and the good parts about it, regulating d1ckheads a bit while having a dirty adult laugh, would quickly be washed away for something worse even.

Long story short: We would remove the means of regulation (checks and balances) we now at least have. So it has to be forbidden categorically.

We must be satisfied with camouflaging name and shame attacks. If you're really good at it its can be more delicate even i guess.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Eusebio wrote:

In 2015 most of the educated world has acknowledged that depression and other limitations of cognitions are a sickness Wink the time when they are just labelled as stupid or mad should be long over...

Although some media seem to claim that and that would be a foregone conclusion, there exists actually no information that explicitly states that his sickness was related to mental illness.

If it was however, your point is moot, as anyone who is a potential amok runner would be diagnosed with mental illness due to him 1. diverging massively from the norm and 2. being a threat to others.

If the assumption is that nobody is responsible for their actions because we are all slaves to our social and genetical preconditioning, the conclusions this has for life and coexistance do not really diverge from the rules based on which we live our lives today.

If a single individuum however would decide to want to reinvent the wheel and start to replace prisons with reeducation-centers, he would find soon that this line of thinking can spout far more brutal and inhumane results than anything our society produces today. Who is sick is treated based on his stage of recovery. A thief, a threat to societies integrity could be in therapeutical confinement forever if he does not learn that he is doing wrong due to his mental incapacities. Yet, society is very well equipped to handle that level of instability. Mental instituitions do not discriminate based on guilt. It's clockwork orange.
A society however that punishes based on guilt, is indiscrimate in the way your condition occured and assures that involuntary confinement does not exceed the harm, thus does only what is necessary to retain social stability without labelling people with the stigmata of sickness.

As a true believer in equality and freedom I find most people who stand up for non-repressed groups, their values to be totalitarian and fascist in nature. So is the gay-rights movement and the womans-rights movement hypocritical to its core in their ambition to make people see the world through a lense.
albinv

Post 14 Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Gotta love me some in-depth Wreckage posts.

Named and shamed on fumbbl full force, here we go.
uuni

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed as many have already said in this thread: I agree with the opinion that naming and shaming is forbidden to prevent bad use of power. If you want to use power over your fellow players and punish them, apply to be an admin and do that by the site rules. If you have been hurt by other players, take it to the admins and they will make the situation better - within the boundaries of the rules of the site.

Use of power per itself causes some suffering to someone and therefore needs proportionality and just cause. Use of power without proportionality and just cause is violence.

FUMBBL administration uses power much better than us random users - and I observe they do that on a rather high level of standard considering the general internet.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

What? The_Great_Gobbo posting out of character? How long have I been away from the forums? Surprised
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Sulk ovva, I iz bak
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Smile
Medon

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Now that we're at it anyhow: I'm wondering some time now what this 'friends' list actually does? Does it influence match ups in any way? Or is it purely for own administration purposes?
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

It makes it easier to find when people are online, especially useful for leagues etc *snip - ea*
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2015 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

It also highlights the name of your friends currently playing on the games page, which is nice if you're after spectating good coaches matches for instance.

Jump to: