49 coaches online • Server time: 00:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy is back?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
happygrue

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

albinv wrote:

Certainly - and quite obviously- i didnt want to offend PG or Grue at all - and from what i can read i didnt do so at all.

I tuned in and out of this debate, but suffice to say I'm positively RAGING with rage over this. Such offense! Razz

Azure wrote:
All I can say is that I should pick more. My team did not make the cut for the UI because the TV was too low.

So, are my elves pickers? Dollhouse

I can only assume they are. I mean, look at the size of this fat cherry. He played no defense at all and you just ran up the score! Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The gloomy feeling that i might have to fully revise my claims before getting back takes hold of me.

Also i gotta get into the city. Yeah, seems a good escape plan to start with... Rolling Eyes
Kam

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

albinv wrote:
@kam

"I think he was just trying to say that his cdorfs for instance may be paired with flings in the Box, but wouldn't dare offer such a game in Ranked..."

You know, i was halfway expecting something like that. Why doesnt someone tell me though! To have a laugh at old albinv, ok fair enough and i get that. But one could have saved us from taking my entire ramblings at least.

You know, i once learnt that i did offer sexual intercourse to one coach here on several occasions without my knowledge. Fortunately one day he was finally kind or terrified enough to tell me so!
I never did offer sexual intercourse to him again (not with my knowledge at least...but seriously i think it didnt happen again) so im clearly able to learn tho it doesnt seem like it sometimes.

What? Laughing

I wasn't implying you would offer that kind of games if that's what this text is about. There was no hidden meaning behind my post. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I would pay money to be in the time machine as Albinv propositions his coach for sex unwittingly.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I both love threads like these and want to scratch my eyes out. You aren't disagreed with; you're elitist (forum bingo!) and incapable of making sense. Wink

Don't worry, I don't get offended by the Internet. I meant what I said, and I said what I meant, but disagreement is fine. I'm not going to go around the houses with it, a bit busy this evening!

Please, just get on and enjoy your BB. It's way better than threads like these. Woo! Forum! Smile
Brainsaw

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The original Question was, if Picking in R is a Problem?

Definition of Picking:
First of all we saw there is Definition Problem of Picking.
For me Picking is just waiting for a Matchup, which BOTH coaches like to play.
Its picking your Matchup including Race and Coach instead of getting your Matchup chosen by an automated System.

I say Picking in this mentioned Way is not a Problem, its a Symptom of the current Ruleset.

If Picking was a Problem, it would express itself by a an Imbalance in some winning Percentage Stats.
Especially Major Tourney winners would be dominated by one concept or Race.
Therefore i updated the Major Tourney winning Races Distribution Diagram.
https://fumbbl.com/p/blog?c=Brainsaw

Guess what: There is a major imbalance existent!

Since Introduction of CRP ClawPOMB Races have won 56% of the Major Tourneys.
Elves won 18% of the Major Tourneys.

If this is the result of Elves picking, i dont want to see the racial Distribution if Elves DONT pick..
It seems Elves picking Elves must strongly be encouraged to even racial Imabalance out! ,-)

And if the ClawPOMB Teams win more than 50% of the Major Tourneys WITHOUT picking, then i say we have an even larger Problem in the Ruleset than i ever believed.
Quelle surprise....

Thats all from a competetive point of view. For many coaches this will be the most important aspect though.

The coaches who dont care so much about Tourney prepping just have to face the resulting Bash Races Flood on the Gamefinder, which doesnt make it better for the Newbies and casual occasional Gamer.

Solutions do exist, but lets see the reactions and discussion to the stats first.
Leilond

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

As always, real data, facts, are very different from what SOME people think is reality
CHEEER to picking!!!
Thanks Brainsaw, I won't be guilty to pick anymore (if I've never been before)
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Is that R only data? I don't think that B data is really relevant to a picking discussion.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2015 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Is that R only data? I don't think that B data is really relevant to a picking discussion.

IT IS relevant
If the box is so full of basher to make the percentaces so unbalanced, that means picking in Ranked is PERFECTLY LEGIT. It's a matter of survive
coombz

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Brainsaw wrote:

Therefore i updated the Major Tourney winning Races Distribution Diagram.
https://fumbbl.com/p/blog?c=Brainsaw

wow, I really thought (from anecdotal 'evidence' from various forum threads) that clawpomb was just a team killing annoyance in perpetual league/matchmaking systems and that 'scoring' teams (elves skaven etc) were winning all the actual competitions

am i missing something or does this data pretty clearly point to the CRP ruleset being fukd?

can we get LRBFUMBBL now please?

That's Trailer Park Life.
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

You may be missing that he is counting skaven & necros in with CPOMB.

What percentage of BB races are elf?

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

whats wrong in counting necros and rats to the clawpomb teams? especially as they in fact have access to it and Necros now won 2 Majors. Might there be some connection in it? ,-)
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Brainsaw wrote:
whats wrong in counting necros and rats to the clawpomb teams? especially as they in fact have access to it and Necros now won 2 Majors. Might there be some connection in it? ,-)

Nothing is wrong with it if you make it clear what you have done.

Some people might think that you only meant chaos, Nurgle, CDs & pact.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

coombz wrote:
wow, I really thought (from anecdotal 'evidence' from various forum threads) that clawpomb was just a team killing annoyance in perpetual league/matchmaking systems and that 'scoring' teams (elves skaven etc) were winning all the actual competitions

am i missing something or does this data pretty clearly point to the CRP ruleset being fukd?

Yup, you can take stats and make them say what you want them to say.

To make sense, those stats would have to be compared to the race distribution among all the participants. If 50% of the coaches enter cPOMB teams, then having 50% of cPOMB tourney winners would simply mean they're average.

Nice try though, Brainsaw.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, but if a coach is willing he can produce the exact racial distribution of every major on FUMBBL.

But

it will not happen because that will just lead to another tangent of thought and disqualify the entire distribution of every major ever.

Very Happy Shocked Laughing