36 coaches online • Server time: 11:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Brainsaw wrote:
whats wrong in counting necros and rats to the clawpomb teams? especially as they in fact have access to it and Necros now won 2 Majors. Might there be some connection in it? ,-)

Nothing is wrong with it if you make it clear what you have done.

Some people might think that you only meant chaos, Nurgle, CDs & pact.

Why would anybody think that pact has won a Major since the chart has a big fat 0?

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Brainsaw wrote:
whats wrong in counting necros and rats to the clawpomb teams? especially as they in fact have access to it and Necros now won 2 Majors. Might there be some connection in it? ,-)

They can also get Guard on their Wights now with normal rolls. Shall we have a Guardspam classification?
They don't have access to clawpomb on normal skill rolls and neither do Skaven, plus they aren't hyper bashy teams even if they have a Clawpomber or two.

Everyone thinks of a team like WMDs in the Box when you mention a clawpomb team, not a team like Rata Blanca.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The 10% fewer games people win in the box are probably because of 1000tv amazon, dwarf, and all-marauder pact nonsense.

Seriously, the couple of times I played against one of those 10 marauders + clawpomber teams was enough for me to say goodbye to that division.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
The 10% fewer games people win in the box are probably because of 1000tv amazon, dwarf, and all-marauder pact nonsense.

Seriously, the couple of times I played against one of those 10 marauders + clawpomber teams was enough for me to say goodbye to that division.

Ice up son.

The 10% fewer is also likely because of other quirks of the box like a propensity for less even racial matchups, good coaches keeping good teams alive for a long time with relatively few rookies filtering in among other things.

Come back Rat_Salat, it's worth your while.
Wizfall

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:

If that was your main issue you may enjoy B now.
I only play quite low TV and never met a single shameless low TV amazon "lineblodger" or all-marauder cpomb team since the scheduler change (i dislike the change but i acknowledge it has been extremely effective toward this issue).
Wizfall

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

coombz wrote:

wow, I really thought (from anecdotal 'evidence' from various forum threads) that clawpomb was just a team killing annoyance in perpetual league/matchmaking systems

And you are right.
It would be unwise to change the ruleset only for the tournament that represents like a generous 1% of all Fumbbl games while perpetual league/matchmaking games make the other 99%.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
Ice up son.

The 10% fewer is also likely because of other quirks of the box like a propensity for less even racial matchups, good coaches keeping good teams alive for a long time with relatively few rookies filtering in among other things.

Come back Rat_Salat, it's worth your while.

There's also the whole queueing up and not getting a game thing. I play elves, and can get a game in about 2 minutes on gamefinder. It's more convenient, and I play teams that people LIKE playing against. I don't need blackbox to trick people into playing against my scary mens.
Leilond

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizfall wrote:
Rat_Salat wrote:

If that was your main issue you may enjoy B now.
I only play quite low TV and never met a single shameless low TV amazon "lineblodger" or all-marauder cpomb team since the scheduler change (i dislike the change but i acknowledge it has been extremely effective toward this issue).

hehehe... I retired a skaven team due to a team like that, two days ago...
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
I think that I would play the 'competitive' divisions more often if they were merged.

Currently it feels as though there is no point using a soft team in Box as trying to rebuild them would be no fun once they take a beating. Being able to drop out and 'pick' some recoveries would make it all more attractive.

As it stands all I really want is the chance to get some of my teams out of the 'competitive' divs and in to [L]eague where I might actually use them.

Koadah is exactly also what I am trying to achieve with Project Mayhem and what Project Mayhem is.
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:
koadah wrote:
I think that I would play the 'competitive' divisions more often if they were merged.

Currently it feels as though there is no point using a soft team in Box as trying to rebuild them would be no fun once they take a beating. Being able to drop out and 'pick' some recoveries would make it all more attractive.

As it stands all I really want is the chance to get some of my teams out of the 'competitive' divs and in to [L]eague where I might actually use them.

Koadah is exactly also what I am trying to achieve with Project Mayhem and what Project Mayhem is.

Have you had official word that it is legal?

And if you do it in Ranked you have no CPOMB nerfs. Wink

PLEASE CHRISTER LET MY TEAMS GO! Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Not yet, was not able to send it yesterday due to I got accepted to a job interview and had to do some preparations for that.

Not to derail this thread, will send a message to you Koadah about my concerns then.
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck dude!

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

You wont be able to do this in Ranked, you can send Christer a PM but I can pretty much guarantee the answer will be no and move it to League.

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizfall wrote:

It would be unwise to change the ruleset only for the tournament that represents like a generous 1% of all Fumbbl games while perpetual league/matchmaking games make the other 99%.

Lets try staying with the facts!
Way too many people doing way too many statements they FEEL true but are far from it.

https://fumbbl.com/p/stats

Eg: Number of Ranked games is about the same number as are B and L combined.

How many of these are for Tourney Preparation? We will never know. Does it matter? I dont think so!
I dont care about the Reason coaches play a game.
I care about how often they in fact do and have a closer look if the Number of Games is decreasing.

Additonally its irrelevant (but clearly may be interesting for some Coaches) to determine one Races effectiveness by counting its entry Numbers, if there isnt one Race clearly outstanding the Stats.

This not (yet) being the Case, at this time only the Number of Teams which have Access to ClawPOMB winning more than half of the Tourneys is the one striking interesting Number.

Some say its coincidence, as the sample Basis isnt that big. The lovers and haters will always try to bend the numbers, but paired with what we can SEE actually happening in B
i come to the conclusion, that there is some big flaw existent.

Its all a matter of Perspective!
EG: For the Coaches who love to hear the Splat sound playing the same 6 Races most of the time, wont be a Problem ,-)

Personally i am convinced a broad Variety of Races whom the most of have a Chance to Win a big Tourney is a sign for a good and healthy Ruleset.

And what other Criteria would be meaningful for Evaluation, if not a Concepts or Races Ability to win several Games back to back as given in a Major Tourney?
tmoila

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I can feel that this thread is going to get drawn towards the C-subject.