43 coaches online • Server time: 14:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What should Treeguard take next?
Block
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Wrestle
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Another skill, please specify below
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I probably worded the response poorly.

I was referring to your statement that Wrestle cannot be used Offensively or that too much is bad because they get up first. I meant that the opponent who pushes into contact can be taken down opening up a Blitz option on Offense where otherwise their players may remain standing in the way if your clearance Elf has Block.

Cheers Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Fortis wrote:
Saying wrestle is bad because you fall down in your screen position is like saying that dodge is bad because a tackle guy can break your screen.

And who can argue with logic like that? Rolling Eyes

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the feedback!
so far I understood that block for LoS is a good idea with many rookies and journeymen in my coming games.
For the mirror match I want my tree to obtain some 3d blocks to have some MB action. But I shouldn't count too much on that.
Furthermore I was thinking of buying a third TRR as my opponent is far behind on TV and it was confirmed here that 2 TRR is not enough on a young team.
Another point is that they never die.
I do like the prospect of the extra player though.
But in the end my next game is also vs battered DE so my best bet is to get the advantage of having more skills and giving away less TO's.
Sadly the only surviving (-MA) assassin got Multi-stab Sad so expect to have a hard time vs the DE.

And no I can't afford to sack the - MA wardancer as I only have 4 games left before play-off games.
I am currently in 5th position with a 3-2-2 run. So I need to win the next two games to develop and come up with an answer to the AG3 Blodge bull that sits on the leading CD team. If I still want to win this season.

Last edited by El_Jairo on %b %02, %2015 - %14:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Multi block only work on block, not on blitz, so any assassin with only that double is fairly easy to neutralise. As a woodelf player I would be more worried about an assassin with leap.

Now this would be a problem:
https://fumbbl.com/p/player?op=view&player_id=8777139
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

El_Jairo wrote:
And no I can't afford to sack the - MA wardancer as I only have 4 games left before play-off games.

I am currently in 5th position with a 3-2-2 run...

Yeah, Leagues with short (remaining) seasons can mess up standard build strategy. You can build for "next season", but if you want to be competitive this season every game counts, and no advantage, even a gimped WD, can be thrown away. Confused

El_Jairo wrote:
So I need to win the next to games to develop and come up with an answer to the AG3 Blodge bull that sits on the leading CD team. If I still want to win this season.

Ag 3 isn't all that strong - it's the St 4 Blitz that's powerful (plus the fact that failed Agility actions won't eat as many RR's).

Treat him as you would any other Bull or Ag 3 player, multi-mark him, mob him and take him down (and then foul his ass to the next life). Cool

Diving Tackle would be handy.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Smeat wrote:
El_Jairo wrote:
So I need to win the next two games to develop and come up with an answer to the AG3 Blodge bull that sits on the leading CD team. If I still want to win this season.

Ag 3 isn't all that strong - it's the St 4 Blitz that's powerful (plus the fact that failed Agility actions won't eat as many RR's).

Treat him as you would any other Bull or Ag 3 player, multi-mark him, mob him and take him down (and then foul his ass to the next life). Cool

Diving Tackle would be handy.

Yes, I just didn't plan for DT on a position. I guess WD would be the most logical choice, as they come with Blodge and only need 2 skills to make it annoying: SS and DT. But I also want Strip Ball, Tackle on my WD.

And µ-marking the AG3 bull shouldn't be easy if he is the ball carrier, that's why I want strip ball, ideally coupled with Wrestle. CD's hate needing to pick up in the middle of traffic. At least I do.

I could develop my wrestle lineman with strip ball. But I guess that Wrodge is more generally useful but I'm afraid only Strip Ball on WD is not going to be enough to free up the ball.

So I will be taking Block on the Liner, if he ever might make it to 3 skill he can be Blodge, SS. Which is irritating enough Twisted Evil

Jump to: