39 coaches online • Server time: 08:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Medon

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all this info! Now I finally got it why it is so hard to get a game with my dwarves in ranked. I thought people hated dwarfs, but I'm simply in the wrong division...! To help noobs with this, it could be added on the quick user guide that it is difficult for bashers to get a game in ranked and it is better to make a team in black box?
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Will you stop fighting and join a league already?!
There's no picking!
There's no minmaxing or bash-warfare!
It's just plain fun!
There, thread locked.
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to direct your attention to this thread>>>>Min/Max is alive and well in League play

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 23:20
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Oh God why won't this stop.

This entire debate is futile and facile.

The problem isnt picking, or bashing, or R or B or L, it isnt min/maxing and it isnt one turning and it isnt the policing of the site, nor even the site structure. the problem isnt even the ruleset, though it masquerades as the problem quite well.

The problem is you dear fumbbler. The real problem is you.

We force an imperfect ruleset into structures is was never (i dont care what the bbrc said) designed for. Everyone does. How do you not get that?

R allows you to choose what teams to face. Nonesense. In an increasingly rock/paper/moron ruleset of course people will choose to never face a dorf as amazons, and elves will elfball, and dwarves will be lonely.

B forces you to face teams you have no idea of beforehand. Nonsense. Of course people lay psychotic derp builds and try to destroy, there is no mechanism of social control to stop them.

L has leagues running for ever with teams with huge game numbers, and leagues with changes to the rules. Nonsense. Even the ones that try to follow the ruleset are doing so online, ignoring al, the 'move this measure that, know this' aspects of the rules, the client does half the game for you. Of course people do all sorts of silly non compliant things there.

Tournaments are total nonsense. Capped events just mean people cut and trim to exploit the limit as much as they can, why wouldnt they? and majors are just like American Pro wrestling crossed with heavyweight boxing, absurd steroid freaks beating lumps out of each other at the high end of possible build size. Of course people pimp and cut and craft and build using the softest opponents they can get away with beforehand why wouldn't they?

Resurrection BB is obviously nonsense. They have to ignore chunks of rules, like ongoing consequences, to create an environment people will turn up to for 2 days.

The site policing has to be reactive as we are unpaid and dont want to alienate the core users with a rigid system and complex in depth rules. this leaves the bell curve outliers, the ones pushing the envelope to abuse the system somewhat and maybe not always be caught, so why wouldn't they?

But ALL the opposites hold true. A lot of people play R to choose varied and close matches. You could too. A lot of people play b for instant games and no chance to pick. You could too. A lot of people play L for fun, so should you. Some enter any team they have into tourneys, for the fun and challenge, you could game that way. Most users want an easy to understand and relaxed gaming enviroment. They see the rules and try to stick to the ideas behind them, not try to go 99.9% of the way towards the 100% that the rules say cant happen. you could try the spirit, not the letter, of the law also.

And on and on we go.

I find the people asking for more or tighter rules fall into 2 broad categories:

Those wishing to enforce their perfect way of playing onto others. this is often dressed up as 'bettering FUMBBL'. But as there is no one perfect way to play BB, and if there is it certainly can't be built online, it always comes down to 'my morailty is better than yours'.

Those wanting absolute rigid clarity on what exactly is allowed. And the only reason for this is to game right up to the very edge of whatever line is created.

FUMBBL is not society. It is a place for people to come, have fun and play games. It has a variety of ways to do that. none of them are perfect. None of them ever can be. But most of them are, or at least can be, fun.

There is one over-riding pair of questions i think people really need to ask themselves more:

Why is how other people have their fun my business? and what right do I have to stop them?

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:

Why is how other people have their fun my business? and what right do I have to stop them?

I imagine you being a barrister on behalf of cancer and fighting for the tumor's right to live.
Roland

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
I would like to direct your attention to this thread>>>>Min/Max is alive and well in League play

inducement-management != min/maxing

I wouldn't fire that player. However, if I could stop someone from hiring a wizard by doing so, AND all other players were highly skilled, I might perhaps do that.

Skilling players takes YEARS in league, it's better to wait for the SI before retiring.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
coombz

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Great post PC!

However, I will still keep a place in my heart hoping for a LRBFUMBBL to nerf clawpomb a TINY BIT Smile

And if that doesn't happen, Secret League will at least put a smile on my face for a while when/if it surfaces ;d

That's Trailer Park Life.
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Nerfs are not enough to stop Bill Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

But gobbos are! Wink
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3634907
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Well, as a serious thought. Nerfs are not banning. You can nerf the CPOMB but if a coach is hell bent to CPOMB and hit that YES, do you wish to PO, every stinking time. HE JUST BLOWS THROUGH THE NERF with no care of the negative.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

As an example

Down in the KPL we play with the PO to KO box nerf.

Now lets take our lovable guy know as Bill.

He has 6 guys with CPOMB.

He hits you, every time he knocks you down he hits YES on PIleOn.

The PileOn to the KO box is a negative side effect, you go to the KO box if you roll a double.

BUT

What if this Bill guy says to hell with that!!!! He does not care. So he is still laying it on thick, smashing your poor pixels into pixel atoms and does not care if a few of his CPOMB killers are sent to the KO box. IN fact he taunts you the first half that they are taking a break from killing you, getting some beer and you will see them the second half.

Nerfing is not banning. Nerfing is ineffective against a coach who does not care about the negative of the nerf.

Same goes for DP...DP is just nerfed but 6 DP on a team will still inflict a Massive amount of pain regardless of the nerf

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

just been clicking around...do we really not have an 'Ignore' feature on this forum? o.O

am I just being really dumb and not looking in the right place?

That's Trailer Park Life.
BlodgeyDocker

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

There are lots of different ways to play the game. Different races, short term and long term strategies. Try a bit of everything and if you're not enjoying playing at all, then don't play it.

Purple Chest, I salute you!
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I heard a nasty rumor.

Sunnyvale FC is a bunch of pansies and crybaby wannabee;s.

Just what I heard on the street corner.