12 coaches online • Server time: 05:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
heretek

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers, and well played on your part. Not displeased with the draw given how you turned the game around.

Though if I hadn't been a Muppet and twice forgotten to click 'blitz' in the first half, things might have been different. Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2015 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been looking at doing a SWL themed pitch. However it isn't anywhere near as easy as I hoped. Overlaying the half pitch template onto grass with another grass layer over doesn't work that well.

Some feed back I can give though. For those of you who use the half pitch logos; for those that don't add a white border, you should add a darker border of the colour you are using for that square. It will blend into the pitch better. In fact I would say this is superior to a white border.

I would say around 100% darkness. Even better would be 1 square at 100% and the 1 square inside that at 75%-50% darkness (higher % for darker colours) leaving you with 28x28 in your chosen shade.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2015 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

almic85

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Harvestmouse I don't even understand what you are trying to do. Last time I just asked Barre to create a pitch image for me and he did his voodoo magic and I got a pitch logo.

that said as an avid sports watcher I would like to point out that it is actually not very common to have any signage under the kick off point. I feel it would look more realistic if the SWL logo was rotated 90 degrees and placed just in front of the try line or like Barre did for me placing it facing both ways on then chequered part of the pitch.

If you're interested join the Fringe
Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 04:10 Reply with quote Back to top

almic85 wrote:
that said as an avid sports watcher I would like to point out that it is actually not very common to have any signage under the kick off point.

While this is true, I think harvest is looking to have something in keeping with the bloodbowl boards where the skull logo was in the centre point.

harvest: I half understand what you're saying there. Playing around with my pitch logos is on my list though so I'll look at your suggestions.
I do like your logo choices though Wink

Perhaps this is one for our resident logo geniuses to play with?

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Luohghcra wrote:

While this is true, I think harvest is looking to have something in keeping with the bloodbowl boards where the skull logo was in the centre point.

yeah this is a pretty groovy idea

the test image looks pretty awful, but it's a nice concept

i don't understand how it would work in practice, given how FUMBBL works with team logos and pitches...but i presume HM knows what he is doing, as he knows a lot more about how the client and the site operate

That's Trailer Park Life.
Fortis

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 04:36 Reply with quote Back to top

So what's wrong with what we had been doing with each team having their half-pitch customisation?

Is this something else? I'm confused.

Also, I need to remember to get my custom pitch finished.
cdwat

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 07:24 Reply with quote Back to top

So, is there a final standing for the ToB?
I want to update the Stone-Stealers' bio with their first season's record.

Bio template here.
Fortis

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&at=&group=2533&p=tournaments&show=37866

Standings go:

1. Chavo
clean air
2. Everyone else.
cdwat

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Aren't some of those listings the combined results of two teams?
Or has that been fixed up?

Bio template here.
Fortis

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I guess. You can probably sift those out easily enough manually by checking the coaches SWL team record against their TOB record.

Most of them are pretty close. Actually I don't think that set of standings has any teams that switched that are above you. Chavo looks to be the only one with 2 teams and he played all 14 games with the Chaos Face Maulers.
cdwat

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Fortis.
Last time I tried to calculate it, I thought I was 9th, but I can't see how I concluded that now.
The records are further confused by the start of the SWL season.

Bio template here.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

This pitch has no practical use on FUMBBL (at this moment). It does not affect you or using logos. However the client now allows for custom pitches. The use of custom pitches at the moment is very basic, however that will expand in the future.

I like what SWL do with their logos, it's really cool. However it is what it is, just an overlay. The overlay is at the mercy of the client and the standard pitch. This is not an overlay but an actual custom pitch done using Barre's format and logo.

Everything has been hand created for this pitch. Essentially it's an idea for the future that would replace using team logos. Here the grass has been coloured rather than a colour layer added, which makes it far more authentic. You can then make it look more authentic by adjusting the lines of where the uncoloured grass meets the coloured grass for example.

As for the grass, SWL is a wild place, and also a little dry. So I have made a dryish unkempt grass (which funnily also matches your cricket pitches) which goes well. This grass has not been used on any other pitch.

Essentially you couuld change the halves to get the teams you wished to play. This maybe something we could do in the future with the client.

Right now, it has no practical use (on FUMBBL). I was interested in creating one to see what it looked like for the future, I'm really happy with the outcome. Also to use it as a suggestion/example of using 'half pitches'. Where instead of bringing a logo, you bring half a pitch.

I can show an example of why it looks better than an overlay.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is using a pitch with an overlay, vs a total custom pitch. To me (I'm not sure about you) graphically, they're a world apart. Doing an overlay was easy, and this was my original idea. However I was disappointed with the results, so I made it fully bespoke.

Luohghcra

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

harvest - I'm loving what you're putting down. I'm still not sure I can spot the difference between an overlay over a custom pitch though...

Having said that, polemarch was playing around and made overlays in the same vein as the current pitch logos for the revamped Trial of Blood that just happened. When both teams used it, it looked rather nice.
The templates:
ImageImage

Team logos could of course be added as another layer.

PS - looking at your option vs the ones I've just put up, I think I see what you mean about white borders and such...