27 coaches online • Server time: 09:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which team has the best blitzers?
Slann
13%
 13%  [ 12 ]
Nurgle
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
Skaven
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Human
7%
 7%  [ 7 ]
Pro Elf
31%
 31%  [ 29 ]
Dark or High Elf
11%
 11%  [ 11 ]
Orc
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Norse
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Undeads
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Amazon
5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
Dwarf
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 92

RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Underworld blitzers are pretty cool. I just wish the team could get two trolls...
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Bull Centaurs are pretty neat blitzers too!

Oscar Wilde
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely the blitzers need to be put in the context of the racial roster they are appearing in rather than a straight comparision with other blitzers.

So underworld blitzers would be my pick - they are two heads and an extra arm better than the rest of the team.

Edit: However as per my contractual obligations I voted Humans
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunenzed wrote:
Surely the blitzers need to be put in the context of the racial roster they are appearing in rather than a straight comparision with other blitzers.

Well maybe, your right of course, but then the poll is closer to 'Best Race'. I just wanted to see people's opinions in a direct comparison and reasons for the votes.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:

So are Minotaurs! Disqualified!
Dominik

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Patator wrote:
He ! Where is my bullcentaur ? Yes they don't have the name but blitz is their life, in defense and in offense. And they are good from the begining, even better with time. And they are the perfect fit for their team.

So true!
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro Elf in the lead and I can see why. It's because coaches are lazy! Blodgestep at 6spp is great for a marker build though. Add DT and JU and he's 170k.

Now the Slann Blitzer with Blodgestep comes in at the same price BUT he has Leap too, and crucially for me, Strength access for those later skill rolls, which is worth dropping a point of AG, imo.

For destructive power with proper blitzer range the UW blitzer wins, it's no contest.

A reason I can't cosider Amazon to be anywhere near the middle/top is the MA6 and AV7. Although I admit out of the box they are good.

Zero votes for Dorfs so far. Real Dorf coaches blitz with the Deathroller!
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

This could be decided in All Blitzer league, say 7 a side, when [L] has that option.
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

JmBeers wrote:
Yes Av 7 is horrible but only the Norse comes with 3 skills typically taken on a blitzer. If you can get one to superstar or even legend then they will have more skills dedicated to blocking than any other positional.

For a paltry 15spps your looking at
Block
Frenzy
Jump Up
Mighty Blow
Pile On

Even if they die a lot you don't need a large amount of investment to make them amazing Start adding toys like Juggernaut to cancel fend with Tackle to cancel dodge and you have the ultimate killer of any developed ball handler. From there you still have two more skills that you could tag on them as they move toward legend. Take dauntless and Pro and no player on the the pitch would be safe. Even Morg would need to keep one good eye on him.

Anyone wish they could change there vote?? Norse - case closed in my mind.

Oh yeah - he gets all of those skills on normal rolls making him one super cheep legend.

Great point, although I still think Pro Elves have the edge.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

For me, no strength access is a strike against blitzers. Sure mighty blow is great, but even regular skill access to guard would be enough to give them the edge. IMO of course Wink
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro elf are the best ones you listed, but I think underworld takes it, if you are excluding wardancers.

1) Wood Elf Wardancer
2) Underworld Blitzer
3) Pro Elf Blitzer
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
Grod wrote:

So are Minotaurs! Disqualified!

Chaos Minotaurs are hands down the best blitzer/cruise missile package in the game, hands down.

3DB on almost every blitz, CMBPO up on 16+ with 2 normal rolls. They live hard and die fast but man can they lay those suckers out.

Rinse and repeat all day long.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The reason coaches voted for Underworld blitzer is he skills up to CMBPO on his 31+ Roll.

Of course a mino is still way more effective than a lowly underworld blitzer, surely?

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

So from a TV stand point in my humble, love the big guys point of view, the mino is still the better deal.

150 VS 90 TV

But the Blitzer needs an extra skill...mighty blow. So now the difference is 40TV.

So for 40 TV more you get frenzy and Horns for free. So now the Mino is actually 20TV CHEAPER than the pimped out underworld blitzer at 76+ if he took frenzy and horns to compliment his CPOMB.

And we have not even gotten into the +2 ST upgrades the Mino has.

What? What is the peanut gallery yelling? What about the wild animal?

Who cares? really? You now have a cheaper Killer with more +ST for the TV bang for you buck. So what if he goes nuts every few turns? that is what Pro is for.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2015 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

1. Wights (Regen baby, regen!!!)

2. Orcs (AV9 Mr. Legend Coach, AV9 in your face!!!)

Low cost, very basic, very reliable. Can be build into different flavours with 1-2 doubles. Good at all TV ranges, CRP can suck it.

Also the wights have Regen while Orcs have AV9!

Last edited by albinv on %b %03, %2015 - %00:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: