31 coaches online • Server time: 09:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
buuface

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2015 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's your daily dicing folks!

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3674037

Do i win today's prize for taking the biggest beating?

But i won't retire them yet!

(Lizard-handling tips welcome from any who actually watch the replay)
buuface

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2015 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually this makes me want to build a Necromantic team
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2015 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats, you win total indifference.

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2015 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Urgh, what a mess! Are you sure you don't want to retire that team? Or whatever was left from it... ^__^

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2015 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

#Claw
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2015 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?op=view&id=3672931

Extinction Events Happen (Lizardmen Joke)
Kondor

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2015 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't retire the team. You were able to purchase replacement lizards and you have a very cool skink. I think I would retire the kicker though. Kick is a double skill and with the +MV he is expensive. Too bad that skink is not a sprinter.

I think I would avoid claws for a while.
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2015 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, you're only ~2 games (70k) from the 6th Saurus, and the Blodge/Sure Hands and Kick/+MA Skinks are great.

buuface wrote:
(Lizard-handling tips welcome from any who actually watch the replay)

Don't get unlucky v. bashy teams. Confused

But, more within your control...

o Skinks are fragile, and always popular targets. If you're going to use them as an assist, place them where the block will push the target away from them. Too easy to get hit next turn. (Unless you're good with the sacrifice, which is a valid tactic.)

o Don't lead off blocking w/ the Krox, not even 3d (unless they have Block?). Even at those odds, unnecessary risk early in a Turn. Similarly, don't Blitz with him - losing 1/6 of your Blitzes is not acceptable unless the Blitz just doesn't matter to the drive (which is rare) or is critical to it (and then it is what it is).

o Otoh, if he's just going to move, try moving the Krox early so you know if you can count on him being there or not. And if he's doing good work where he is, consider just leaving him there - don't risk the 1/6 BH and lose that Prehensile-Tail TZ if he's already tying up/screening key opponents. Accept "good enough" over "optimal" unless it really matters.

o When a Sidestepper is Frenzied and survives the first hit, SS to lead the Frenzier where he'll do the least damage. That's usually away from the ball, and not to where he'll mark a 2nd Skink (not unless you're setting him up for a Skink block). You don't want to have to dodge more than 1 Skink away if you don't have to.

o Don't let 2 Sauri get tied up away from the play. Block one free to join the drive, let the 2nd Saurus tie THEM up. (This may have to be setup a turn in advance, but get it done, even if it takes a (late) 1D. If you block 1 down, consider NOT following up, leave 1 Saurus free to maneuver next turn, force ~him~ to take the 1D.)

Don't move assists (even just a Skink) away from the ball to help 2-on-2 fights that don't help the score, not unless you're achieving that break-way, above, or changing where the ball is (below).

o Against a team where half the players are Ag 2 MA 4, set up to tie them down and change sides of the field. Only MA 8 can keep up with your Skinks, so target them before they can respond.

And pro'ly some other stuff, but that's a start. Wink

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
 Jump to: