48 coaches online • Server time: 00:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What skill should Tuzerg take?
Block
68%
 68%  [ 22 ]
Sure hands
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Dodge
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
Other (please comment suggestions below)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 32

seanh1986

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2015 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
I have always been an advocate of Pro.

Grod wrote:
Ogre teams are always short of rerolls, as there lack of skills mean that you get lots of fail every turn.

You guys bring up some good points about Pro... It's so versatile allowing you to re-roll boneheads, block dice, ball-pickups, dodges, etc.

My main issue is that it's unreliable, and since he's going to be handling the ball more than anything, unreliable means 50% of the time it results in a turnover.

That being said, if I were out of RRs, it means 50% of the time, I can recover from what might otherwise be a disaster, etc.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2015 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a fan of pro as well, but mostly on loner big guys and Vamps. I don't think it as critical for Ogre teams.

Join the Human League Premiership!
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2015 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't take me 3 seconds to choose Block, if only b/c he has to be on Defense too.

The fact that The Provacateur recommends it puts all other advice in that shadow, but I'll add my grain to that weight.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2015 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Block. He's your scorer/bal carrier. ST5 or not, if the ball carrier doesn't have block I'll throw anything at him with a good shot to knock him down. Lost count of how many times a -2DB on a fatty has paid off, and left me a chance to stomp stomp stomp.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
seanh1986

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2015 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for all the comments/feedback guys... Block seems to be the way to go... I've had far too many 1 BD and -2 BD hits end in disaster... And it allows for way more reliable blocking when he's not a scoring threat... As well as adding longevity for when he is hit... Which he will need if he is to someday become the top ogre scorer of all time! (getting ahead of myself slight!!)

I will add that the discussion has made things interesting regarding what to take for his Legendary skill roll.

Assuming doubles... I think I'd be leaning towards Dodge... If not doubles, I may just have to go Piling on... We'll have to see! Smile
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2015 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Well......You have a +ag block ogre that could be a ball carrier; i'd make this guy into a real surfing threat, with his +ma and juggs: go FRENZY
(i would have said tackle but you have one of those too; still, tackle would be my 2nd choice).

Treat the +ag as a bonus: if your other +ag guy gets strong arm, then all of a sudden this guy becomes a reciever who makes his own holes - and that is an awesomely deceptive play with ogres and no one ever expects them to pass. Who's gonna mark him? or stop him when he catches it?!
seanh1986

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2015 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Those would be some fun options for sure, ogre to ogre passing game! Not ways to win games, but certainly to have fun Smile.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2015 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:
Well......You have a +ag block ogre that could be a ball carrier; i'd make this guy into a real surfing threat, with his +ma and juggs: go FRENZY
(i would have said tackle but you have one of those too; still, tackle would be my 2nd choice).

Treat the +ag as a bonus: if your other +ag guy gets strong arm, then all of a sudden this guy becomes a reciever who makes his own holes - and that is an awesomely deceptive play with ogres and no one ever expects them to pass. Who's gonna mark him? or stop him when he catches it?!

I always thought the Ogre Passing game involved getting the ball in the hands of the Receiver 1st and THEN Throwing the Ball (and Receiver) downfield.
The idea of an Ogre to Ogre Pass is great fun. Plus... what about a TTM, Snotling Run and Handoff to Ogre, Ogre Run for the TD. The possibilities that opens up are fun to think about.
 Jump to: