16 coaches online • Server time: 05:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it gets a pretty bad name around here, but looks like Blood Bowl 2 is coming out pretty soon. There's a few trailers up, and it does look like they improved the interface somewhat.

Its a far cry from Fumbbl's simple but easy to read interface, but I'll probably pick this up at launch and see if they did a better job this time around.

Anyone else going to give it a try?
mayhemzz22

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

i might give it a try on the ps4, the main enjoyment for me tho is the community not sure it will be the same on ps4

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm probably going to get it just to have it, but they'd better have some disconnection recovery available. Got tired of autoforfeits.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I will not. The issues I have with the first one are not AFAIK addressed in this one, and some things got even worse. I've just come off a donation drive but for anyone who hasn't donated recently I'd suggest donating to FUMBBL. Perhaps as much as the cost of a game you could buy just to have? Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, just from the bits I've watched the 2nd looks so much like the 1st I cannot see a reason to bother with it.

Maybe in a year after they sort some stuff out, but then again they never really sorted out all the stuff from the 1st one anyway.
Cavetroll

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with happygrue. Rather than give Cyanide my money, I'd rather just make a donation of a similar amount next time my gold status drops Smile

Also, I had too many gripes about the first game (I bought the Legend and Chaos editions) to give them money even if FUMBBL didn't exist.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

20$ says is a steaming pile of poo like always

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
Yeah, it gets a pretty bad name around here, but looks like Blood Bowl 2 is coming out pretty soon. There's a few trailers up, and it does look like they improved the interface somewhat.

Its a far cry from Fumbbl's simple but easy to read interface, but I'll probably pick this up at launch and see if they did a better job this time around.

Anyone else going to give it a try?

If you're so flush you could donate the money to Fumbbl. Wink

I would at least wait 6 months for them to fix the worst of the bugs. It should at least be cheaper then and you could donate the difference to Fumbbl. Wink

Or you could just wait until they have 23 (or whatever) teams and are running a Steam sale for £4.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with the above people
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

BB2 will be a parade of DLCs.. The perfect way to milk money from clueless gamers.
Tantibus

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll give it a miss, if there is still a age limit on players.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the new graphical interface for the most part.
I'm still not a fan of the dice and the dice rolling sound, they really should opt to give it more of a realistic feel and not just do it half way...

The scenes looked somewhat good but already started getting repetitive half way through the youtube video, so I'm expecting it would bore me very quickly.
The player transfer is very appealing to me but overall if I don't feel I can get through a game without getting sleepy I'll probably not pay for it much. Maybe at some later point when its even cheaper, I'll give it a try..
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

W, if you have a strategy game you need to be able to turn off graphics and sound embellishments. If you have battlechess with 3D and sound, you need to be able to set the regular chess interface. The same with wargames, moving figures and gun sounds.... I want to turn them off and see troup symbols only.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The only reason I would buy it is if the AI was actually good, but I strongly suspect it will still be terrible. I rapidly became bored of the first incarnation, and found there was a lot of people who would concede at the drop of a hat which was irritating. The commentary was spectacularly irritating after a few games too.

Fumbbl may be graphically basic, but strategy games don't need to be beautifully rendered.

The marketplace is a horrible idea too.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
Calcium

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Lets be honest, some of us will give it a go for the spangly graphics, then after a few torturous games we will be back playing in FUMBBL, with it's 'Spectrum' graphics and superior gameplay Smile