14 coaches online • Server time: 05:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RedDevilCG

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 20:09 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
I'd also throw this out there. I think the biggest "graphics" issue with FUMBBL is not that it is icon-based, but the lack of scalability for large, high-resolution monitors. If we had that, we would be a lot better off for drawing in more players. That is the primary complaint I have heard.
This +1,000.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

My kids (and I'm extrapolating to other kids) love the graphics of Cyanide. And don't underestimate the appeal of playing one-player, even against rubbish AI. Lots of perfectly sensible people I know spend a surprising amount of time doing that.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
We all thought that fantasy football played by Orcs was cool when we were kids, then we hid it for ten years or so in embarrassment / when we met girls, then we cared less what people thought when we got through that difficult period.

So true. Laughing

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

@goo

Why doth say born in the late spring/summer? (10th April) If anyone is interested...

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
BB2 will be a parade of DLCs.. The perfect way to milk money from clueless gamers.

I miss the time when computer games came in big boxes with CDs inside... Rolling Eyes
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Seventyone wrote:
@goo

Why doth say born in the late spring/summer? (10th April) If anyone is interested...

Standard generalisation nerd birthday range, back half of the school year. Not Blood Bowl exclusive. Wink
Throweck

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:
I miss the time when computer games came in big boxes with CDs inside... Rolling Eyes

It was cassette tapes for my Vic 20! Then Commodore 64 (Also tapes). Before that I seem to remember Atari and cartridges.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Not cartridges for the Vic 20? The Count, text adventure game? <off-topic>

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
I'd also throw this out there. I think the biggest "graphics" issue with FUMBBL is not that it is icon-based, but the lack of scalability for large, high-resolution monitors. If we had that, we would be a lot better off for drawing in more players. That is the primary complaint I have heard.

Yeah, a double sized client for example and you can just about get away with fairly advanced gameboy sprites. 2.5 to 3 times bigger would be perfect.

However, the problem is working on sprites/icons that big to gameboy standard. They would take much much longer, and fewer people would be able to work on them.
Roland

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:
Roland wrote:

It was cassette tapes for my Vic 20! Then Commodore 64 (Also tapes). Before that I seem to remember Atari and cartridges.

for those I used D-copy or a double cassette recorder Wink
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2015 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Fumbbl for IPad would be pretty cool.

Problem is Christer probably couldn't sell it, so is it worth putting the effort in?
Roland

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat_Salat wrote:
Fumbbl for IPad would be pretty cool.

Problem is Christer probably couldn't sell it, so is it worth putting the effort in?

It'll come eventually Wink
Not as an app though, I guess.
Beerox

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

If I give it a try, I'll wait about 2 years after launch. From what I've seen the game will be very vanilla at launch, with lots of DLC to follow. Funk dat. Also I don't trust them with bugs etc. Definitely a wait and see type of game at best.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
*snip*

There is no doubt that cyanide brings in new coaches, but any one here should know better than to buy such a flawed product on release. Giving it a try when it is 75% off or something... whatever floats your boat. But full price?...
Wuhan

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Pigskin 621ad (circa1990), is a much better game than Cyanide.

"troll, troll, troll! send in the troll! I'll see what i can do."

-(epic facepalm)
 Jump to: