18 coaches online • Server time: 06:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
happygrue

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:

When you comment, then please just skip the bragging, the minmaxing, and amazon aspects, and write your input of skill choice. You are also encouraged NOT to mention the killstack in this thread. Smile

Okay fair enough.

bghandras wrote:

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=8991143

Now hold the phone here! Are you trolling your own thread already? Zons are cheesy enough without trying to use a double on Leader to get that TV REALLY ruthlessly min/maxed, eh? So another double now? The choice is clear: Kick. Wink

EDITED because I failed at typing more than once.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Sidestep or Guard depending on what role you want her to play.

On a normal Amazon team, I would say Guard.

On this team, if you aren't going to retire it in shame Wink,
I'd say Side Step and let her continue being the ballcarrier.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

@happygrue
Good laugh. To be honest I took leader cause I felt she was the leader of that team that time. I am fully aware that guard, mighty blow would have been a more powerful choice, now I could have piling on. Smile

@all
Side step is taking some momentum along with Guard. So anybody who suggested side step: Would you consider Stand firm instead? Same double, similar purpose, same TV.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The case for SF really works better if she has guard or diving tackle already.

Since she doesn't, and never will, side step allows her to reposition rather than just clog something up.

As she was (is?) your main ball carrier (from hogging all those TDs) I think SS makes more sense. If you plan to transition ball carrying (and TD scoring) to someone else (as I think you should/could, depending on building more players or just sweet spotting this team), then what role will she now play?

Guard if you don't plan on her being your ball carrier. Side Step if you do is the way I look at it.

There's also the option to just skip it and take fend for survivability and the positional advantages it can create.
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

FRENZY

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I defenetly had Fend in my mind, but then I rolled the double. I appreciate Goard, and may or may not take at the end, but his leader skill is actually more worrysome than her being the ball carrier.

With that said I wont take fend as I also want her to be a little special in comparison to the team mate wannabies.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
I defenetly had Fend in my mind, but then I rolled the double. I appreciate Goard, and may or may not take at the end, but his leader skill is actually more worrysome than her being the ball carrier.

With that said I wont take fend as I also want her to be a little special in comparison to the team mate wannabies.

I suspect the gender confusion is an issue too Very Happy

I'd agree with Licker though, SS if ball carrier and guard if not.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I have a issue with the reasoning of Fend. Some say it adds to a players survivability. I love fend for its positioning advantages and that is why I take it.

So

IF you think it increases survivability. Then why in the hell take it at LEGEND. The player has proven he/she/it can survive with out it. Furthermore, if you believe it increases longevity, why not take it at 6+ when it is the cheapest in terms of SPP to the next skill level?

I hear that back bench going nuts again, yes, OK.

Fine you take block/dodge/wrestle first. Then take Fend on your next skill up at 16SPP.

Yes, ok, fine.

Ok, so you need something else besides just Block/wrestle/dodge and blodge up, take some tackle or take that Kick skill, I heard it is a game breaker. Then push Fend back to having to get 200 SPP before you can take it.

You see where Iam going with this?

If you like fend to survive then why are you not taking it at 6+ 16+ or at the latest 31+?

At 176+ the player has proven you should NEVER EVER TAKE IT.

Bottom line for me.

If you are going to fend "up" you do it when it is cheap in terms of the next skill is only 10SPP away instead of 26+ or 100+ SPP.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

It's simple really, it helps your BEST player stay in the GAME.

Short term, since for legends there is no long term anymore.
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

*What he said*
happygrue

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2015 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I like SS on anyone with the ball, as you can chain your own player free really well with it in some very critical cases (like tents), which is even more important for ag 3. I like SF better for marking, which with ST 4 might also be useful - but it is better with other marking player type skills.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Side step won. Thanks for your inputs.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2015 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Bit late, but ss or guard. Totally bassed on the rest of the squad as you pick it. Maybe tackle if you into the 5 decent players vibe
 Jump to: