58 coaches online • Server time: 21:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 05, 2015 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Maybe. Not me though. I am TERRIBLE with woodies, mainly because I never coached them. Like, never.

I chose them because I always feel I am bad *against* them, not good *with* them.

The best reason to start using a race is because everyone beats you with it.
And when people beat you all over the place with your new race you'll also know how they can be beaten Wink.
licker

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Look, I love CD as much as the worst CPOMB spamming coach, but they are not a good team for a one off game at low TV.

They have no sure hands, they have a lot of AG2, they are not very mobile. If you are simply better than your opponent (as the OP states) then it almost doesn't matter what you pick, but you would want to pick something which doesn't have a hard counter just based on matchup.

That can matter a little at different TVs, but in general, elfs do not have any hard counters. Yeah, they'd love to face off against teams without MB or Tackle, but in general, as you build your elf team they acquire skills the opponent has to stop, not skills they use to stop the opponent.

Of course, you'll like to have strip ball and wrestle and maybe diving tackle, but basically you're in good shape if you just spam some blodge, get lucky with some MA and AG (ST is nice, but not as critical), and pick up your standards of sure hands and kick.

It's nearly the same at low TV, because outside of CD and dwarf there will be no tackle (so your WDs can do their thing) and outside of BGs there will be no MB.

So with this somewhat nebulous question the answer is still 'elf'. Because, I'll repeat myself, AG and blodge win games.

It's really that simple.

Now if you get to pimp your specific team then you could go Skaven with a one turner (but why not an elf one turner...) and a cpomb blitzer and a bench... Lots of ways to pimp specific teams, but I imagine you'd find that to win ONE game you would take a team that can score at will over a team that is good at removing the opposition.

Again, for a league or tournament or sprint your mileage may vary.
CW

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

For me this is a rhetorical question as there is no chance I will ever go up against a coach of inferior coaching ability.
AaronDP83

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

what about a human one turner with ag4???

https://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=9888622
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Look, I love CD as much as the worst CPOMB spamming coach, but they are not a good team for a one off game at low TV.

They have no sure hands, they have a lot of AG2, they are not very mobile. If you are simply better than your opponent (as the OP states) then it almost doesn't matter what you pick, but you would want to pick something which doesn't have a hard counter just based on matchup.

That can matter a little at different TVs, but in general, elfs do not have any hard counters. Yeah, they'd love to face off against teams without MB or Tackle, but in general, as you build your elf team they acquire skills the opponent has to stop, not skills they use to stop the opponent.

Of course, you'll like to have strip ball and wrestle and maybe diving tackle, but basically you're in good shape if you just spam some blodge, get lucky with some MA and AG (ST is nice, but not as critical), and pick up your standards of sure hands and kick.

It's nearly the same at low TV, because outside of CD and dwarf there will be no tackle (so your WDs can do their thing) and outside of BGs there will be no MB.

So with this somewhat nebulous question the answer is still 'elf'. Because, I'll repeat myself, AG and blodge win games.

It's really that simple.

Now if you get to pimp your specific team then you could go Skaven with a one turner (but why not an elf one turner...) and a cpomb blitzer and a bench... Lots of ways to pimp specific teams, but I imagine you'd find that to win ONE game you would take a team that can score at will over a team that is good at removing the opposition.

Again, for a league or tournament or sprint your mileage may vary.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
Prepare any rookie team vs my (not yet created)rookie CDS! Smile
licker

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure what that would prove, but do you really think that rookie CD are favorites over woodies?
Beerox

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 08:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Random opposing race, random but equal TV, I take the Chaos Dorfses.
Grod

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

If i had to win: wood elves, dark elves or skaven. Maybe Undead even. If i just had not to lose, dwarves for sure.

Prefer something fast/agile to avoid risk of draw.

Oscar Wilde
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 06, 2015 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

licker wrote:
Not sure what that would prove, but do you really think that rookie CD are favorites over woodies?

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!
Well, I figure you don't consider yourself an inferior coach. So it's not going to be about who is the better coach. If you believe in this matchup, let's have a go at it. And... yes, I do.
 Jump to: