47 coaches online • Server time: 15:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

New to the whole bash thing, and I've actually got two players I'm unsure about.

Team

First up is the Black Orc with Block and Guard. Is it time to load up on mighty blow, or do we go with our original plan of taking Stand Firm?

Secondly, an Orc Blitzer, who rolled his second double. Instinct says sidestep, but we could just ignore it and take tackle. Diving Tackle could work too.

Tks.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Take MB on the Black Orc if you want him to be a better killer. If you want a sturdy road block, go with stand firm.

On the Blitzer, I'd consider Jump Up, though Diving Tackle has merit too. Plain and simple, people often forget about Diving tackle, especially on bash oriented teams.

Personally, I'd take MB on the BOB and either Jump Up or Diving Tackle (whichever fits your style more comfortably) on the Blitzer.

Edit: Never mind, take Stand Firm on the BOB. You've got 4 solid blitzers with might blow already.
xarogobar

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 Stand Firm is a solid option
AegisTheHyena

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I say Stand Firm; BoBs are meant to be roadblocks in my opinion.

For the blitzer, Jump Up for sure, and if he keeps rolling as good as he is, Diving Tackle afterward.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

SF or MB, both are good.

SS on the blitzer. he'll be tres annoying. but DT works too. orcs have decent skill options.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Good time for an Orc tactics article to have been published by one of the site's finest, wouldn't you say?
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Good time for an Orc tactics article to have been published by one of the site's finest, wouldn't you say?

Well it was more a Ranked strategy/team building article but not bad. Ofc Stonetroll did basically the opposite of this with 4 POMB Blitzers and a Troll in Box.
I guess the first tip of "get better" is the most important advice!

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Getting better does doubtless help with any situation. But if that were our primary advice, where would the T&S forum be? Wink
koadah

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:

Well it was more a Ranked strategy/team building article but not bad. Ofc Stonetroll did basically the opposite of this with 4 POMB Blitzers and a Troll in Box.
I guess the first tip of "get better" is the most important advice!

I was wondering if the guide was a joke. Wink

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I would encourage discussion of any article. Feel free to begin one in the GLN forum if you're dead opposed! Smile
DrDiscoStu

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried to build a guard/SF side and I do think that MB needs to come beforehand. It just makes such a difference.

The Black Pearl Bounty-Board.

GUARD CONQUERS ALL!
Kam

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Every Orc coach has a different approach, but they have generally one thing in common: if you pick a double skill, spam it across the whole team. I'm not a big fan of Dodge for my Orcs - I generally reserve it for my dedicated BC. The rest of the team gets DT (my POMBer would get JU though). Other coaches would spam JU/TPOMB instead, which is perfectly fine. Others would spam blodge, or SS...

Really, we can't answer your questions. Just play the game, experiment, and stick to your plan.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it should be pretty clear that orcs are one of those teams that have a couple (or more) build paths which will produce capable teams. Thus the only factor is what style the coach prefers, or is better with.

To me, the path the team takes is dependent on whom (and when) you get your stats. I'm also anti-troll (and thus gobbos), but don't really think they are bad, they just don't fit what I like to do. I like having the thrower early, or at least when you are lacking a quality blitzer ball handler, but as TV goes up, the thrower needed be replaced when they get taken out.

Over all I've found it quite enjoyable to play Orcs, but they do have the odd game against cpomb spam where you get a reset as though you were playing elfs. Not the worst thing to have happen, and it depends on where you are playing them, but it's still a thing that happens more frequently than it used to Smile
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, so it would seem these choices aren't going to come down to good/bad, but choice. Such is the luxury of a strong roster I suppose.

That Blitzer would be pretty cool with sidestep, but if I take diving tackle now, he can stand firm at 76. Seems reasonable, and pretty annoying since he blodges.
licker

Post   Posted: May 27, 2015 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The only situation where a pre-defined orc build makes more sense is in L if you know your opponents, and thus should choose whether you would prefer guard over MB, and how much tackle you need to take early.

I like diving tackle in general though, it's a really great defensive skill that frequently does get over looked by the opponent as they are more worried about taking out, or dealing with, your MB/tackle guys.
 Jump to: