37 coaches online • Server time: 15:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

a) is dere any trophy pikkies I kan stikk on iz profile page?
2) wot zoggin bunny?
d) moar games fer Kislev az we iz der besterest
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2015 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Winni wrote:
Wotfudboy wrote:
a lack of tackle/MB

Indeed, only 50% of your players have MB... thats a huge lack.

For clarity, in context what I actually said was: "After all a lack of tackle/MB should make me an easy target for any good elf team/coach".

The key is the combination of Tackle/MB which is the only thing that counters some of the blodging elven teams out there. So, um, thanks for your remark but not sure it was a considered reply Rolling Eyes

Thanks though to gibby33, uzkulak and Meanandugl (and of course gjopie) that made some interesting comments to my question... it's very interesting to see how coaches in this league approach the draft.
Winni

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2015 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Wotfudboy wrote:
not sure it was a considered reply Rolling Eyes

Coming from a NorseĀ“s mouth, it was very well considered reply. Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2015 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Latest OWCC Rankings Published!

The all-time rankings have been updated up to the end of Season IX. You can view them here.

No surprises at the top, with the latest Cup winners and runners-up in 1st and 2nd place. Perhaps the 3rd place team might surprise you, however - although the Scalded Delta Dogz didn't win anything last season, they had an impressive season of giant-killing which saw them rise up the table from 13th.

The two conferences are fairly evenly divided: the average position of all the teams in Bretonnia is 13.9, and for Albion it is 14.3.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2015 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Grimjuice Renegades upset overconfident Zhaar Doom Bringers and get the draw

That was a great fun game. A shame we couldnt do more than 2 cs in 75 blocks but wathever it was a good time Smile
gibby33

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2015 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

gjopie wrote:
Latest OWCC Rankings Published!

The all-time rankings have been updated up to the end of Season IX. You can view them here.

No surprises at the top, with the latest Cup winners and runners-up in 1st and 2nd place. Perhaps the 3rd place team might surprise you, however - although the Scalded Delta Dogz didn't win anything last season, they had an impressive season of giant-killing which saw them rise up the table from 13th.

The two conferences are fairly evenly divided: the average position of all the teams in Bretonnia is 13.9, and for Albion it is 14.3.

I'll be honest I had no idea we did this, but I love it & love you for doing it. I blame you for my team being 8th though Razz
Leilond

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2015 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

As always, you can find URL=https://fumbbl.com/p/blog?c=Leilond]HERE[/url] the post match blog entry for the Foul Peak Crawlers

A more "conventional" report is here
First Half
The rats initially put a great pressure to the Chaos Dwarves, thanks to a very good kick from the rat kicker, enough to blitz two times the ball carrier, but blocks failed to put the ball lose and my opponent finally manage to score in turn 8.
The one turn attempt failed at the go for it in front of the end zone
Second half
My opponent defended very well, forcing me some dodges, and one of these dodges ended in a 1 rr 1. The rats finally managed to recover the ball. Two go for it were necessary to score and tie the game, but the first failed

My opponent played very well and the fact that my only chance to score were demanded to at least TWO 2+ rolls demostrates it. The Rat Ogre failed uncountable Wild Animal Rolls (and demostrates why in a competitive non-fluff environment you rarely see one of them and why I've to force myself to remember this is a game and fun is more important to win, or I'll fire hime immediately). Pheraps a tie was more "fair", but I cannot said I got rearly diced, only a bit unlucky, but really not enough to whine something else other than my opponent coaching skill
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2015 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Are there any icons for player bio's to show what awards they have won?
gjopie

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2015 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:

No, I'm afraid not. If anyone has any graphical skills and feels like putting some together, that would be awesome!

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2015 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the traditional end-of-season analysis - starting (as per usual) with the Kislev Conference, who are the first to enter the fifth and final round. Here is a rundown of what each team is facing. Remember: the top two teams get promoted automatically (and the winner of the conference gets to decide which of Albion or Bretonnia they enter next season), while 3rd and 4th enter the promotion playoffs.

Kislev Conference

Sitting at the top of the table are the Zhaar Doom Bringers. Unusually, nothing is guaranteed for them yet, but they are in the best position to get promoted. A win and they've done it (and they've won the Conference). A draw means they are promoted either automatically or through the playoffs (they'll be hoping that the Exiles lose their game, as that means a tie will always be enough). A loss (particularly a big one) could see them slip into 5th place, out of the promotion picture!

The Orgrimmar Hammers are facing the 4th placed Grimjuice Renegades, and both are sitting on 5 points at the moment. They could both win the Conference if the Doom Bringers and the Exiles lose (or draw), and they win their match. In a tie, the Hammers are better placed with a superior tie-breaker, and this means that a draw is probably enough for them to be promoted, either automatically or through the playoffs. The Renegades would need more other results to go their way for a tie to definitely be enough. Whoever loses this one is in a vulnerable position, and could easily drop out of the all important top four places.

In third place are the Clar Karond Exiles, also on 5 points. They can also win the Conference, but for it to be likely they need to win their match and hope the Doom Bringers lose (or draw, but they'd need to improve their tie-breaker score). They would also surely prefer the match between the Hammers and the Renegades to end in a draw. A tie would likely be enough to secure a top four finish, while a loss might see them drop out.

The first team sitting outside the playoff spots, looking up, are the Greenleaf Gladiators. A win in their game could still technically see them win the Conference (if the Exiles lost, and the Hammers/Renegades drew, and their tie-breaker score improved), but even if it didn't get them the top spot, it would in all likelihood see them in the promotion places. However, they have a tough match against the first-placed Doom Bringers, and they might instead be hoping that a tie is enough. It could well be, if the Exiles win or draw, and the Renegades lose. A loss would mean they definitely finish outside the top four.

The Barak Varr Iron Shields can't win the Conference, but they could fight their way into the playoff spots. If they beat the Exiles, their impressive tie-breaker score would see them leapfrog the elves, and if the Gladiators were to lose or draw, that would be enough for them to sneak into the top four. A draw for the Iron Shields means nothing - they need to go for the win.

And finally, we have the Green Tide Yoof Sekshun against the Sabre Mountain Titans - for the third time this season. This is one of the less than ideal quirks of the Swiss system, but with the series 1-1-0 in favour of the Green Tide at the moment, the Titans will surely be hoping to even it up. There is a series of events that could lead to the Green Tide finishing 4th and making it into the promotion playoffs: they would need to win (by quite a lot), and hope that the Iron Shields, Gladiators, and Renegades all lost (and that the Renegades' tie-breaker score got a lot worse). However, mostly, this is a fight for pride.

Best of luck to all the teams in the final round! But remember, if there are teams dropping out further up the league, more teams might be promoted than predicted, so it is always worth getting a win in your final game!

(And also, remember that the tie-breaker scores displayed are not quite right, as the casualty differences should be halved)

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2015 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

gjopie wrote:
The_Great_Gobbo wrote:

No, I'm afraid not. If anyone has any graphical skills and feels like putting some together, that would be awesome!

What kind of awards do you want?

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2015 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
gjopie wrote:
The_Great_Gobbo wrote:

Well if you go to the group page, then click on "Player Records", you can see the categories we keep track of.

In a perfect world, we'd have an award for each of the eight categories, for the All-Time holder and for individual season holders. But that is a lot!

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2015 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Der Yoof sekshun ent outta der play-off race? Blud Bowl?, bluddy ell!
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2015 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

gjopie wrote:
easilyamused wrote:
gjopie wrote:
The_Great_Gobbo wrote:

Well if you go to the group page, then click on "Player Records", you can see the categories we keep track of.

In a perfect world, we'd have an award for each of the eight categories, for the All-Time holder and for individual season holders. But that is a lot!

I'm sure I can do that, got any inspiration on the kind of theme you want?

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2015 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
gjopie wrote:
easilyamused wrote:
gjopie wrote:
The_Great_Gobbo wrote:

I'm sure I can do that, got any inspiration on the kind of theme you want?

I'll send you a PM!